Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
In an attempt to add more people to SteamRep's middleman list, and help distribute the workload, we're going to be adding some trusted traders to Skial's middleman list.

To apply, simply copy/paste the following form and reply to this thread. Only applications should be posted to this thread. Other posts will be deleted.

Anyone with a solid reputation and desire to contribute to the trading community is still welcome to apply. I'd like to get as many good traders involved in this as possible.

1: How often would you be available to trade?
-
2: What country do you live in?
-
3: What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?
-
4: Do you have any prior middleman experiences?
-
5: You're middleman'ing a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?
-
6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?
-
7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middleman'ing, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how? What about pending reports, or caution tags?
-
8: Do you have any form of reputation? Be it a rep thread or feedback on a trading site?
-
9: Why should you represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep?
-

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
-On weekdays around 4-5 hours. Weekends can range from 8-12 hours.
-US
3: What is the highest value trade you have completed so far?
-A Middleman trade done where the items traded were a Purple Energy Unusual for $94.
-Yes, I've done 7 Middleman trades, all except one for paypal trades.
5: You're middleman'ing a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?
-If this happens I will ask the buyer if he sent it to the right email. If the buyer insists that they did so I will ask for screenshots of the transaction to see for myself. If the screenshots shows that the transaction has been made, I will have both parties wait, as it might be due to a time delay. The item/items being sold will be in my possession at this point, as I collect the item for holding before asking for the buyer to send the money.
6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?
-I will hold the Steam items while the transaction between the two happens, once I receive proper confirmation that the transaction was successful I will trade the items to the one who sent the non-Steam game items.
7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middleman'ing, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how?
-It is against my policy to do any sorts of trading with anyone with a scammer tag. However, I will check for their appeal, if they made one, on the SteamRep forums, as I know some people might be cleared, but are waiting for the tag to be lifted. If their appeal is still on a waiting list for a final verdict and the case has enough to possibly clear the person or has been cleared, I will middleman for them.
8: Why should you represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep?
-I like the community, the trade servers and the trade forums are interesting places for one to get business done and has a huge amount of people visiting daily, I feel like my history as one of the few trustworthy raffle hosts, as well as how active I am in trading will allow me to help out when it comes to keeping trading fairer for newer or less knowledgeable traders of the community. Especially for those new to Unusuals, CD Keys, Cash Trades, or trades which involve a time delay, such as Pre-Order promos of a game, an example being the Dishonored Promos.

APPROVED

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
- Varies, usually during random periods of the day, usually depending on my work/events schedule, it can be anywhere during the early mornings to late evenings. Central Time.
- United States
- $1,500 Unusual Killer's Exclusive w/ Sunbeams and sweets.
- Current DGN MM, term period effective 02/28/13.
- I ask the buyer to re-verify the e-mail and name of the person who PayPal informed him that the monies went to. I'd ask the buyer to take screenshots consisting the Payment to the Seller, and their recent activity page. I'd then ask the seller to do the same, except to refresh his e-mail's inbox and ensure PayPal e-mails are on his contacts/safe sender lists to prevent accidental deletion, and to refresh his PayPal screen. If the problem still persists, depending upon the circumstances, I may request that the Seller take another screenshot, or if he'd like me to, to view his PayPal activity real-time via TV. If the funds are truly not there and it's been over a reasonable amount of time, I'd either advise the two traders if they believe it could be a banking issue, to allow more time, up to 24 hours if necessary, or contact PayPal. The items I can hold onto only until those hours pass and if so, has PayPal reviewed the transaction. Depending on the outcome here, either the monies will be depositied into the seller's account, or the buyer will pull the payment and the seller will receive his items. Under no circumstances is the buyer to obtain the items until the payment has been confirmed by the seller. I'm willing to hold onto the items until issues are resolved. As of today, January 23rd, I've had this scenario occur 3 times, once was a Scam Attempt, the second one turned out to be a Bank issue with PayPal and limits and the third one appeared to be a lock-down of the PayPal Account due to a dispute the seller had. First issue was confirmed and remedied using PayPal, TeamViewer and SR's advice, second one was resolved within 3 days after the user's bank authorized the funds to leave his account and be deposited into the seller's, and the last one was confirmed through TV, but unable to be resolved. Alternative method was suggested but traders declined.
- If the amount of items being traded are equal, where one trader has all the Steam Items and the other has non-Steam Trade items, I hold onto the Steam Items while the non-Steam trader sends his goods. This is similar to Activation Keys, Origin, etc, where the non-Steam items/goods are considered similar to PayPal and wait for confirmation of the seller receiving these goods, be it non-Steam games, codes, keys, etc. If the items are not equal, meaning one trader for example, has a Call of Duty BO copy, and the other has Mann Co Supply keys, and the first wants BF3 for Origin, then I hold both items and wait for the non-Steam trade to conclude between the two traders, then conclude the trade. Under no circumstances will any Steam Items/Goods be traded prior to the non-Steam trade starting and ending.
7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middleman'ing, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how?
- No. No matter what situation the marked trader may have been, if the trader was marked by an SR Affiliated community, the mark is the same as a SteamRep mark, thus I will not assist your trade. You must appeal and have your tag either removed or demoted before I can assist you. This is in place to prevent others from being marked for knowingly trading with known scammers, and lessens the risk that the goods involved were obtained fraudulently.
- I enjoyed assisting trades that have risk and require trust in my previous trading community, without a tag. When that community obtained tags, I was able to further represent the community, on a limited basis and strict guidelines of MMing and advising the newbie Admin of how SR's workings, tags, and trading guidelines worked. Now that the community will no longer be sponsoring MM's, I've become attached to assisting trades outside of those servers and wish to remained marked as a trusted MM, as I no longer trade madly as I used to in the past. I feel I can be a great asset to those that give me the shot to prove my worth, through honesty and integrity, as demonstrated in the past. I would also like to be able to 'move up' the ladder, even become a Trade Admin at some point in the future, where in my previous community, I couldn't due to conflict of interest and their location is too far to offer good ping. I hold no ill will towards them but I'm looking for better opportunity and looking for growth within the insane trading world of Steam Trades. (And TF2/DOTA2/P2/SMNC) I also enjoy taking the time to teach players new to trading about good practices and advising them on what to look for before conducting any trade, whether I am involved or not, happy to answer questions they may have, and if I don't know the answer, point them in the right direction where they can get assistance. Finally, reason I'm picking Skial is because I feel this community's integrity and face is more honest and composed, and the servers they host are quite fun to play with, including regular game-play servers to frag with friends on.

(Note: Xel'Naga your format's got some serious spelling issues, hehe! :p )

APPROVED

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-I'm usually available most of the day from 2pm-12am eastern, as although I am not always on the computer I am always mobile and have access to a PC. Same goes for the weekend.
-United States, New York. Eastern Timezone.
- Only a $50 transaction to buy a gamepack for Faron.
- No, I do not have any prior experience that I can use to vouch for me.
- I would ask for the email that the buyer sent it. I would also ask for the seller to refresh his paypal to make sure the payment just did not show up. If it does not show up, I would request a screenshot from buyer with the steamchat with timestamp on the same screen to verify that the buyer did infact send payment and request the same from the seller to make sure he's not attempting to scam. If the seller has infact received the payment, I will finish the trade with the buyer and report the seller for attempted scam. If both parties are telling the truth, I will withhold the items for approx 24hours, and if payment hasn't come through by then I will request PayPals intervention.
- I would hold onto the Steam items until the transaction was completed and verified by both parties then trade the steam items.
- No, I will not proceed to assist in the transaction. I will not encourage or enable any tagged user to continue in trading no matter the reason for the tag until it is uplifted. I will also notify to seller that enabling tagged scammers can indeed be punishable and that the seller should try to be more careful when dealing with trades.
- I just want to be able to help users of multiple communties. I'm not in it for the money or cashing out, as I do not own many valuable cosmetics on my account. I might not look as the most clear cut candidate for representing the biggest TeamFortress 2 community with 10s of unusuals and buds under my belt, but I feel I could be a capable middleman. I was taught the basics from Faron, the skial admin,trade moderator, and now offical Middleman, and I believe he can vouch for my character. I am choosing Skial, because it is my First Teamfortress 2 gaming community, and quite frankly the best. It has a huge player base and I hope that my name and character is known from the forums and outside. It's cheesy and such but I just genuinely want to be of help to the community.

DENIED

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I'm on my computer from about 3PM to 12 AM Central. On weekends I'm available from 12PM

to 3AM

I live in the USA

I have done several unusual trades that are a tad more then a buds in worth.

I've done some minor middleman'ing for raffles and such, but never a direct cash to item trade

I would request that the sender make sure that he/she has sent it to the right Email, also a

screenshot from the sender to verify the sent amount. Then I would also request that I get a

screenshot from the receiver to make sure he hasn't received the payment. I would then hold

onto the item with the permission of both parties for a 24 hours period and if the money has

still not gone through I would ask the sender to contact Paypal and if all else fails, return the

item to it's owner.

6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a
non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?

Hold the steam items until I can confirm that the non-steam items were received.

7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to
rip anybody off if you're effectively middleman'ing, do you still proceed with the
transaction? If so, how?

I would not continue with the transaction, under no

circumstances would I allow for a trade like that to continue. Unless the tag was

appealed and thus removed.

I have been a long time member of Skial, I also have a fair amount of rep on and

off the community, and overall I would like to help the community stay free of

scams as much as I could. I can't stand scammers. A modest number of high value

trades take place on the forums, and I would hate to see any of the items be

wrongly taken from someone.

Edit: Double spaced for easy reading.

DENIED

Mя. کиµcқเ£nµms ̷̨●̷̨°

Somewhat Threatening Sniper

At lot on the weekends. Starting from near noon to midnight. Sometimes during the weekdays, 5-10 PM.

USA

I traded for a Nuts and Bolts Dr Dapper's Topper. Paid in metal.

Not really. The closest was advising a friend in a trade and helping the friend learn the ropes of trading.

Hold the item and notify other middlemen or admins for assistance. And I would attempt to investigate. Especially look at reputation.

6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transaction?

Research the prices of the items from the non-Steam game. Then I would hold onto the steam game items until I can confirm that the Non-Steam game items were received.

I would proceed with hightened caution. I would keep a few price list window up to confirm prices.

Because I am a trusted trader and I don't scam. You can see evidence on my profile by looking at my comments, which are mostly +reps.

DENIED

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Depends. Weekdays are roughly 3-6 pm EST and 10-11 pm EST, weekends vary, though usually anywhere from 1-3, and 8-12
United States
Couple of Vintage Hats, nothing really over 6 keys
Yes. I successfully middlemanned the entire 2012 Skial Secret Santa, which inlcuded Star Wars Battlefront, Dave's 30 Refined, a Vintage Black Killer's Kabuto, multiple stranges (shotgun, sniper rifle, etc.), numerous hats and weapons etc.
Check to see if the buyer sent the money to the proper account on whatever transaction software being used (Paypal, etc.). If he checks, and claims he did, I will ask for the screenshots, with the according date and time. If all is well and good there, just give it a couple hours. If the money still doesn't show up, then contact an admin of the transaction website to check for err. If the buyer fails to provide me with proper screenshots/email, then I will withhold his item for 12 hours (in case he has a change of heart), then give it back to the seller. I would then mark the buyer on SteamRep as an attempted scammer.
6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transaction?
Ask for screenshots of the non-Steam items being traded, and then give the party in question the Steam items.
If the party in question is tagged on SR, then he's undoubtedly done something bad. Even though he can't scam anyone, I'm not gonna let him get away with trading through me. He's scammed before, and odds are, he will scam again, possibly even using the item I middlemanned him. However, if the scammer tag on SR is appealed and taken off, I would be fine middlemanning for him.
I really just want to portray Skial in a positive way. There have obviously been scams done by members of Skial before, and I don't want people to not join us and tell others not to join us. I feel I've done enough trading and middlemanning to be trusted with this job, and I would like to just help out the traders of Skial by getting them their items in a fast, efficient, and friendly manner.

DENIED

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
About 3-4 hours on week days, over eight hours on week ends.

- U.S.A east coast

- Money trade: Purchased 22 keys for $26
- Non-money trade: Bought a Steaming chapeau for 2 buds worth of items

- A few times as a middleman for two friends gambling on items.

- Ask the seller to provide proof of whether or not he received the money. Ask the buyer to provide proof to see if he sent the money (I.e Screenshots from both). Verify to see whether or not there was a mistake, or if someone is acting fishy. Proceed accordingly to whatever the proof is.

- Have the person from the non-steam game go first and hold on to the Steam items. After this has been done with confirmation from both sides do I give the steam items to the respectful trader.

- I do not proceed with the transaction. Scammers should not be allowed to profit or benefit from their stolen items in any shape or form. If said scammer has made an appeal, wait a few days to see what the result turns out to be.

- Being a fairly large trader in general, I wish to help out the overall TF2 trading community overall (not just Skial) to make it a more safe place for people to trade, especially in terms of money trades. And of course, ensure that scammers eventually become extinct.

DENIED

Atheneas

Mildly Menacing Medic

- Usually 3 hours per day easy

- Spain

- 1300 USD , i bought some stuff through paypal , we didnt use any middleman.

- I have some, done it at least 3-4 times.

- If the seller is sure he has not received the money I'll ask for a screenshot and make sure he has not received any payment , If that's the case I will then ask the buyer for a screenshot and make sure he sent the payment, if he doesnt want to provide me any evidence or he doesnt sent any payment, he probably tried to scam and i will report him , if he sent the money properly and the payment from him is completed , paypal should give the money to the seller , so we just have to wait.

- I wont handle any transaction for non - steam items or games or cd keys

- Ofcourse I wont middleman for someone who's marked, have reports pending or a caution tag.

- Well I know its allways hard to find an online middleman that isn't busy.Most of them are admins and important staff members from steam so MMing becomes a secondary job , I will try to make steam more easy to sell items for real cash, hope it helps.

9: My reptuation thread : https://dota2traders.com/forum/thread/76561197993286260-atheneass-rep-thread.30153/

DENIED

Last edited:

Dr. Tsu Many Tags SUB|ᴾᵃʳ/.ba

-about 7 or 8 hours a day, unavailable for a few hours at night due to class and scrims. This is subject to change if I manage to find a job.

-United States

-I bought the craft number 413 collection from Redmage (steamcommunity DOT com/id/RedMage/) for 85 USD.

-No, but I've done collateral trades where someone gave me something of value until they could get the keys to repay me. I've also kinda self-middlemanned where a friend wanted to sell me a backpack full of items. He changed to an account I had not seen before and unloaded the bp to me and I screenshotted it all. I delayed payment because it seemed fishy (said I needed to get payed by my job before I can pay him) and turns out, it was. The owner of the account he used to give me the items logged on and started complaining about how he had been hacked by his irl friend (the friend in question "selling" me the backpack) and demanded I return the items, which I did. In the end, the seller got marked "scammer" and the rightful owner of the backpack got his items back. Contact steamcommunity DOT com/profiles/76561198043844757/ for more info. He can verify for me since it's his backpack we're talking about here. i can also provide trade history if needed.

5: You're middlemanning a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?

-Ask the buyer if they have the right email. Ask them to send me screenshot of the transaction to make sure it's sent and ask the seller to wait a bit if everything checks out since I know sometimes paypal can be a bit slow. If after waiting a bit, the money goes through, then I'll go ahead and give the items to the buyer. If things don't check out and the buyer never actually sent the money then I return the items to their rightful owner.

-Before any non-steam game items have been sent, I should be holding the steam items. I just wait for confirmation from both parties that the trade has gone down without a hitch (with screenshots, if possible), then I send the steam items to their new owner.

7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middlemanning, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how?

-I don't do business with marked scammers. IF they have an appeal and it's taking awhile to lift the label then I might reconsider after seeing some evidence of such process, but otherwise I would not middleman for them.

-I don't trade as often as I used to (other than to maintain my 413 collection c: ) and I love the Skial community. Whenever I go pubbing I always go to Skial because their servers are the only servers where I can get less than 20 ping consistently and they're always loaded with neat people. My trading frequency is relevant because while I no longer trade very often, I'd still like to help out the community I love so much. I can't donate to Skial due to money issues, but I can most certainly help with middlemanning. I'm an experienced trader and I've helped out quite a few people in avoiding scams and in selling their items at fair prices, and I'm about as honest as they come. I may be new to the Skial forums, but I'm anything BUT new to the Skial community.

Links have been broken up since I apparently can't post links.

Edit 1: fixing my smiley since it read it as an emote smiley. :L
Edit 2: readability.

DENIED

hieufox

- About 6-7 Hours on Weekdays and about 12+ hours on weekends.

-The USA.

-I bought a minecraft account for about two keys and went second.

-I believe I did it once for two of my friends for a silly thing with a few cents. I did learn how to be a middle man from it, and have also been reading up on how to be a good middleman.

-First I would need to confirm if he got the right email or whatever they are using to pay. I would the ask the buyer to send me proof that he sent the money. I would like screenshots but video footage is nice too. Once I review the screenshot and confirm if he/she did or did not send it I would proceed in two ways.
- If it was legitimate I would then ask both parties to wait until the money is confirmed by the seller. Since it might be due to delays. If the money never comes I would return the items back to the seller and be on my way.
-I would return the items back to the seller and inform him that he is being scammed by the buyer. taking footage with bandicam I would make a private video on youtube with the trade to report the scammer.

-To handle this transaction I would hold onto the steam items as I wait for a confirmation from the seller he has gotten his items. I would need proof with a screenshot, then I would give the items to the buyer. Alternatively, if it is a game I have a account on ie. Runescape, I can hold onto the gold and the steam items and give it to the respective new owners if they desire.

-No I would not proceed with the trade. If the seller still wants to proceed I would still decline an ask politely for him to get a new middleman. I myself have been scammed at a time when I was a young and trusting person. It is also the protocol of Skial to not trade with scammers. I would not want to shame Skial or myself by doing so.

-I believe I should represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep for many reasons. Whenever I have been trading in TF2 I always use Skial. I like the Skial community as a whole since they have helped me learn many things from reading the forums when I was a new trader. I was committed to the community for a time only playing on a Skial Badwater server (LA I believe.) I honestly wish to serve this community in any way I can and serve the TF2 community in a whole. I also try to type in a polite, with decent spelling and punctuation for people to easily understand (Not perfect). Although this probably sounds like all the other applications, I just wish to help the community. Mostly I want to bring honor and "repayment" to Skial for the joys and help it gave me over the years. Anyways thank you Xel' Naga for allowing this great opportunity to players here at Skial.

DENIED

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If this is still active, I'm interested.

-
Weekdays, from 2:30 P.M to 10:30 P.M, Weekends, 7:30 A.M to 11:30 P.M (Times are in EST.)

-
Canada, east coast.

-
I've sold an unusual Anger for an unusual Tosslecap, and bought some buds off Paypal.

-
I've middlemanned for several of my friends, but only once I've middlemanned for 2 people I don't know.

-
Firstly, I would ask the buyer to send a screenshot of his purchase double-check to make sure he sent the correct amount of money to the right email address, while also asking for a screenshot to confirm he has sent the money. If I receive proof that the buyer has sent the correct amount of money to the right email address, I will ask the seller to re-check their Paypal inbox, and account balance, as the transaction may not appear until they refresh. If the buyer leaves/abandons the trade after providing no proof of sending/screenshots, I will return the item to the seller. If the seller has confirmed that they have received the correct amount of money, I will give the item to the buyer.

-
After the buyer and seller have settled on an agreed price, I would ask the person with the Steam items to trade me (Player A), for me to continue the transaction. After receiving the Steam items, I would ask the player with the non-Steam items (Player B) to send them to the other player, while sending me a screenshot to confirm that he's sent them. After Player A has confirmed they have received the non-Steam items, I will give trade the Steam items to Player B.

-
Since the seller is a tagged scammer, I will have to decline their request, as trading with a known scammer is punishable by getting tagged on Steamrep, and/or getting middleman status revoked.

-
I've got some knowledge of trading, even though I don't do it much, and I'm looking to help out the community in more ways than one. By middleman'ing, I'm helping out not just the Skial traders, but also the traders over at Steamrep. Also, there's only 1 active Skial middleman (Wrath), and I'd like to help increase that number.

DENIED

Guineatigg

Uncharitable Spy
I know im new to the community and understand this will probably result in a denied application but i have nothing to lose for applying i also apologise for any missing punctuation im dyslexic and seem to struggle with placement of punctuation rather than the normal issue of reading or writing.

- As im currently unemployed id say i can be available when ever needed as long as im asked in advanced if its a strange time of day for myself.

- United Kingdom (GMT-0)

- $35.21 To be exact but i was in a rush for money so i under priced it by $100 according to the price the buyer managed to resell at.
(Proof)

- I do have some middleman experience but this wasn't through steam.

- I ask the buyer to print screen proof of the transaction and if it has shown that he has sent the money i will do an inspection of the screenshot to make sure of no foul play or editing of said screenshot. If all seems clean i will continue to hold onto the item untill the seller verifies that he has received the money. If the money has still not been received an hour later i would ask if they want to continue with the trade. at that point if the answer is a no i will advise the buyer to request paypal for a charge back and wait for that to be refunded before returning item to seller.

- I would consult with both the buyer and seller on how they feel the trade should go and work with them from there. Generally i will hold onto the steam item/item's until verification from both the buyer and seller that the transaction of the non steam game's item has gone smoothly. I will also advise them to take screenshots during the transaction of the non steam game as there is no other way for me to see that the items have been transferred and that im safe to send the steam items.

- If the seller insists on me doing so i would go through with the transaction as normal but i will hold more scrutiny towards the tagged user. but other than that it will be business as usual.

- I may be new to the community but on a whole i feel id make a great representative for Skial's trading community as i have some very simple rules for my self that i always follow as an online gamer i know there are alot of people out there who want something for nothing and are willing to do some cruel things to get what they want. The rules i make for my self i will post below so you can understand what i mean by this.

1) Introduce my self to the user or in this case the users involved in the transaction
2) Check for legitimacy of user or users.
3) Is there a language barrier if so contact a friend who speaks the language to translate accurately
4) Always be friendly and polite no matter the situation. No one wants to deal with someone who isn't a nice person.
And Finally
5) Show respect and trust to both users unless given a reason not to.

DENIED

Thankyou just for the chance to apply i will re apply in the future when its suitable ~ GT

Last edited:

SnowyLite

Scarcely Lethal Noob
- I'll be available on weekends for over 12 to 15 hours
-I'm currently live in Brisbane, Australia
- The highest value trade that i have completed so far has been selling a karambit fade 90/3/7 on paypal 1200 usd~
- I have been a middleman for a wide selection of people, been a middle man for over 3 months! I also speak three kinds of languages which really helped me do middleman experience for Chinese, English and Japanese people!
- I'll personally have a chat with the seller, if he claims that they he hadn't received money in that trade, I will ask him to provide evidence in the form of screenshots. I'll also contact the sender and ask him if the money has been sent to the correct email. If the buyer has sent money, i will ask them to provide me with screenshots. If the screenshots have not been tampered with, I'll allow a day for the system to process the money. After a day if the seller has not received cash, i'll verify with the buyer that the cash has not been sent correctly. I'll ask the buyer to provide screenshots once more to make sure that the transcation has been made. If not, I'll ask them to provide me with screen sharing using skype which allows me to see if the buyer's and seller's balance and history in paypal. If the trade was not successful the items are to be returned to the seller.
- I'll receive the steam items and hold onto them, once the non-steam items have received by the correct party and confirmed by the correct party. The steam items will be transferred to the other party. Then i confirm that everything is correct and that their satisfied with the trade
- I'll ask the person who has received the steam trade scam window, to screen share with me his entire inventory history as well as his market history. If all seems legit, business goes on. If not, he will be denied from using my services
- Skial's community has assisted me in the learning of how to avoid scams and how to be a good trader. Now I'm going to do this community proud and show what our community has to offer. We shall shine and we shall be fair !

DENiED

DeadlyLaugh

Scarcely Lethal Noob
As often as possible. If I am in a game, I will pause and help do a trade.

I live in United States.

I have traded 4 keys for CSGO. I had intended to go for unusuals, but my friends wanted me to play with them.

Yes, I have done a couple middleman experience.

I would ask the buyer if he sent it to the right email. If the buyer insists that they did so I will ask for screenshots of the transaction to see for myself. If the screenshots shows that the transaction has been made, I will have both parties wait, as it might be due to a time delay. The item/items being sold will be in my possession at this point, as I collect the item for holding before asking for the buyer to send the money.

First, I wait until the buyer and seller reach an acceptance for the trade. Then, I would ask the person with Steam Items to trade me their items. Afterwards, I would ask the person with Non-steam items to send their goods. I will wait for confirmation from both parties that the Non-steam items are sent, then trade the Steam Items to the respected person.

I will not proceed with the transaction because no matter what the scammer's case was, he is still marked as a scammer on a respectable site.

This community is very respected and reputable, and I want to be apart of it. I am willing to do what ever it takes to make sure the average trader isn't scammed. I have been scammed once, and I know how it feels, and I do not want anyone more traders to feel the same. I also want to represent trust in the community, not just Skial's community, but all trading communities, TF2Outpost, SteamRep, SourceOP, etc. My friends do not want to trade since they are afraid they are getting scammed, even though they have not experienced in trading, they just do not want to due to that there are scammers. So I want to prove to them, that there are trustworthy traders, they just have to look for them.

DENIED

Tanarowshu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
- In week days, I will be available to trade for around 8 hours a day, and weekends 12 hours a day.
- Romania
- I once traded an unusual for 400$, the trade was without any problems, the buyer was satisfied.
- Yes, I indeed do. I acted as a middleman 8 times, first 3 times with a friend and after that I got some advertising from my friend. Since then, I acted as a middleman 5 more times, every one of them were successful.
- First of all, I would ask them to check if they entered the e-mails correctly. If they did so, I would ask for some proof that the payment through, usually by skype sharing screen, asking them to reload the page to be sure they didn't edit it. After all this is done, and the money still didn't go through, I would help both of the customers with contacting PayPal Support.
- I would first of all read about that game and learn about how things work. Then, I would ask them for the items. If both of them went through succesfully, I would send the items to eachother. If one of them did not give the desired item, I would report him for attempted scam. I will also ask both of them for a screenshot, just in case.
- I would not proceed to acting as a middleman in that trade, because it is ruled out to trade with a scammer. After that, I would also tell the other client that he should not even try to make a trade with someone that is marked as a scammer.
8: Do you have any form of reputation? Be it a rep thread or feedback on a trading site?
- Well, I do have some on my Steam profile, all of them being either middleman, either buying/selling things for real money.
- I would like to represent it because first of all, they are very friendly, even though I have not been aroung here for long. Second, I have been scammed myself by either downloading a phising program and also by being promised an item for real money, but guess what happened... Got scammed. I want to help out the community to get rid of all this scamming and to help people get what they wany.

DENIED

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
- Between the hours of 4 PM - 10 PM EST on Weekdays and if my profile availability is not set to busy, 12 PM - 12 AM
-
Canada
-
17 buds in items on March 19, 2015
-
I have only middleman'd once as I was forbidden to because MCT Moderators cannot middleman
-
Firstly, I would confirm with the buyer if he has given the seller the right email and then with the seller if he's inputted the right email, asking screenshots to see if he has even it he states he has. If that doesn't seem to be the issue, then it may be an issue with the buyer's PayPal where the transaction is taking it's time to process or a bank issue with the buyer not having sufficient funds, in which case, I will hold any items until I can get a confirmation from the seller that he's received the money from the buyer. If there is still an issue, I will request the buyer to make a chargeback so no funds of theirs are lost and, If the buyer cannot pay for the items, I will return them to the seller.
-
I personally will not proceed with this transaction as I likely will not have the knowledge of the other non-steam game
-
I will not proceed with this transaction.
-
My reputation thread can be seen below in my signature but I'll leave it here anyway: http://manncotrading.com/index.php/topic,3984.0.html
-
I feel I should represent Skial's community of traders on Steamrep because I believe this way, Skial can show that they can be even more useful to the community by offering middleman services to proceed with their transactions safely. I myself want to be the person who assists the community that way. I worry for the safety of the community because I myself have been scammed in the past of over 5 buds and that's not something I want the community to experience, I've watched several instructional videos on middlemanning, including the one made by Penguin and I believe I've grasped the basic concept of it. Thank you,

RETRACTED

Last edited:

KiLL3r

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Everyday in the morning and evening.
Croatia.
3: What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?
~15 euros with risk.
I was middleman in some trades already.
First off i would ask buyer to send me a screenshot of the following:1.email of the buyer,2.Confirmation that he has sent money to the email address of buyer.I would also ask the seller to show me a screenshot of his paypal.If they send me those and there is nothing fishy about those screenshots i would wait for an hour with the trade because there may be some problem with paypal or wherever the money was sent. If the money still doesnt arrive i would ask the buyer to ask for chargeback and return all the items to seller.
If the non-steam game isw one of the games i play, i would take both steam items and the items from one of those non-steam games but if non steam game is unknown to me i would ask them to find some other middleman.
7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middleman'ing, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how? What about pending reports, or caution tags?
I would not do that transaction because it is against the steamrep rules to trade with someone marked for scam.
I have few reps on my steam account.
I think I should represent Skial community of traders on steamrep because I am available for trade everyday and i really enjoy being middleman.I have been scammed few times already because i havent used middleman and i dont want anyone to be scammed because it feels awful.
Hope ill be approved.
Cheers!!

Synthh

Scarcely Lethal Noob
- Everyday between (GMT+0) 4PM to 10PM, but may be busy playing games within this time.
- I live in the United Kingdom.
- I have traded $60 without risk, and $30 with risk.
- Yes, I was a trusted middleman on the SoulSplit RuneScape Private Server back in 2011-2013. My highest valued middlemanned trade was $2,200 worth of in-game items.
- First of all, I would ask the buyer to check again, provide proof that it has been sent, and then ask the seller to prove that they have not received it. Assuming the money was actually sent, I would ask the two to wait for 5-10 minutes just to make sure it's not an issue with the transaction. If it had not gone through and the buyer had sent it, I would keep the seller's item for 1-2 days and then ask again if the money had gone through. If the money had still not gone through, I would ask the buyer to cancel the payment and I would return the item to the seller. If the money goes through after the two days, I would give the buyer the item.
- I would take the Steam items and hold them until the trade in the non-Steam game was done, and then I would transfer the Steam items to the person trading for them.
- If I were to do it, I would make the scammer go first, although I suppose it depends on how bad their reputation is.
- I have a few +reps on my Steam profile, but I guess that's about it. I used to have a vouch thread on SoulSplit but that is LONG gone. I had over 40 vouches from players that I had middlemanned for. I also have a flair thread on the SteamGameSwap reddit.
- I'm a trustworthy and honest person. I know it can be hard to trust new people, but I've never once traded someone with malicious intent.

DENIED