DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Hello all, I've been working a version of cinema that removes some of the bias to the map and making it less claustrophobic too.
Changes:
  • Removed the buttons. The door is now forever open. The buttons were tedious and boring. Blocking off half the map every time the round ends.
  • Removed the fences in the control point room to the trees. Just for extra space.
  • Removed the vent rooms. All these did was stall the boss from going inside or coming out. Pretty much forcing you to rage most of the time.
  • Portal now has a breakable fence instead. You have to do 900 damage to break it now. This stalls both the boss and red from quickly entering the rope room in the beginning of the round.
  • Door from the control point room to the beach room has been widened.
  • Projector room will no long guarantee a telefrag by blocking the boss with a dispenser.
Things like the rope room are intact though.

DL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mbfofyncgxmc8lb/vsh_cinema_fixed_21.bsp/file

Reactions: Stove™

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
Honestly, this fixes quite a few of the glaring issues with the map. People will probably still not enjoy the rope room for existing, but all of the other changes sound good to make this map marginally better.

+1

mub

Contributor
+1

This reminds me that Jurassic's cap is still broken. Any volunteers?

Opb

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Would it be possible to make some slight modifications so the rope room isn't so heavily suicidal for hales (both entering and exiting)?
Judging from the video, the changes I noticed from the video are good as it doesn't require a heavy search for buttons just to open an area most players wont go into.

Reactions: Zeke Aileron

DanishSoup

Contributor
Would it be possible to make some slight modifications so the rope room isn't so heavily suicidal for hales (both entering and exiting)?
Judging from the video, the changes I noticed from the video are good as it doesn't require a heavy search for buttons just to open an area most players wont go into.
I was discussing that problem with a few ff2 peeps. The rope room was left in as I wasn't confident enough that people would like that there's no more camp spots. I was thinking about removing the invisible collision to the ropes or redesign the ropes entirely or both.

Stove™

I was discussing that problem with a few ff2 peeps. The rope room was left in as I wasn't confident enough that people would like that there's no more camp spots. I was thinking about removing the invisible collision to the ropes or redesign the ropes entirely or both.
It’s probably best to see if people like the changes in the map so far and then gauge their opinions on the rope room. For me, with all the other stuff changed, the rope room seems fine to keep in, but if some people want the collision removed, so be it.

DanishSoup

Contributor
I did send bottiger a mini fix version where collision gets fixed in certain spots mostly the sand and cap area, a few packs were added, and the control point cap rate was extended a bit along with having more of a cap area