BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
There's a discrepancy I deal with every time somebody asks me about applying:

Granted, everybody should read all the information possible before actually applying, but in reference to hours, the application says
200 not idling is required unless you give us a good reason.
, while "How We Pick Admins" says
We require at least 10 days on our servers unless you give us a good reason
(while obviously 10 days would be 240 hours, not 200)

Can we have a uniform requirement pl0x?

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
also I think the amount of hours should be higher (500?)
Would it change much? Many bad applicants don't even check to see if they have enough hours and the pool of good applicants is basically a puddle already. That would only narrow it further.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
200 is a great amount of time dedicated to our servers imo. Apparently it was forgotten to update that appropriatly.

+1

Last edited:

Sakiko

Contributor
It should be updated,

But updated to say Recent play time the one in admin apps atm has over 200 hours but from the looks of it 3 years ago (at least before the stats system loggin them) and based on the fact they was according to stats on jailbreak one day on recorded stats which i assume goes back at least 2 weeks should be longer :P.

Last edited:

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
the amount of hours should be higher
I have no comment on the amount of time that should or should not be required, I'm just looking to be able to answer possible applicants accurately.
Would it change much?
Nothing short of disallowing admin applications will stop the skrubs and since it's about quality over quantity anyway, it couldn't hurt. All the wannabes will attack everyone regardless.

Bottiger

Administrator
It is not required for admin applicants to read "How we pick admins".

It is more of a bonus to justify to applicants that complain about not being made admin right away or being declined.

We don't really want people to fake their behavior just to get admin.

But I did not want to keep repeating myself to everyone that kept repeatedly pming me about their admin app. That's why I didn't remember to update that thread. I will remove the hard number there.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
i thought this was a thread about how to pick up admins like on some prank invcasion soflo cancer type of shit i can in here 2 make out wit bottiger after winning rockpaper scissors in front of his bf but my dream isnt coming true i guess