DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mountain lab is much more popular than frontier and isnt reliant on one person(firekip) to fill it. Mountain kab was always filled and one server for the whole skial community isn't enough. There was no reason to replace it as it only losses traffic/regs/income from ads ran.

Put the map back please. NY Mountain lab is so much cooler than texas mountain lab and infinetely better than your current Barrenteer map.

Edit: Map changed to Dustbowl. Why you do this.

Bottiger

Administrator
The mountainlab ny server was empty during the middle of the day after the IP change. That's why i changed it to froniter. I wouldn't have changed it if it wasn't empty.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The only reason it was empty was due to the ip change.

Edit: also if it had a domain like other servers the ip change wouldnt be as big of an issue.

Bottiger

Administrator
The only reason it was empty was due to the ip change.

Edit: also if it had a domain like other servers the ip change wouldnt be as big of an issue.

No one uses the domain.

And why does an IP change mean it is ok for a server to be empty? If a server is empty no one is going to want to seed it.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Alot of us use domains. Teamspeak distinguishes servers purely by domain. Join us21 or us1 party.

After the ip change i couldnt find the server ip after i surfed forums and noone else could either. So texas mountain lab was stuffed with people from both.

[S.I.B.] Wolf Princess Von Toto

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
So what your saying is that after the ip was changed it was dead during the day? so it was full during the day before it was changed, which means people actually showed interest in mountain labs more so than frontier (which has 0 interest). I'm sure that if it was switched back to mountain labs it wouldn't be a ghost town.

Bottiger

Administrator
Alot of us use domains. Teamspeak distinguishes servers purely by domain. Join us21 or us1 party.

After the ip change i couldnt find the server ip after i surfed forums and noone else could either. So texas mountain lab was stuffed with people from both.

The vast majority of people don't know how to use domains, and the favorites list doesn't save domain names.

If you could not find the new IP I don't know what to tell you.

It was announced and immediately updated at http://www.skial.com/api/servers.php the minute the new IPs went live. There is even a program to import all the IPs to your favorites list. If most of you could not find this then you were not that interested in keeping the mountainlab NY server alive.

None of these excuses does anything to assure us that the server wouldn't be empty in the middle of the day for several days again. If people really wanted it alive then it wouldn't have been empty for so long. There is only a commotion on the forums about it because that usually always happens when a server is replaced. You can take a look at Badlands Chicago to see what I mean.

Bottiger

Administrator
Not sure how you could miss this. If mountainlab regulars couldn't even be bothered to look at the front page of skial.com, they didn't have much interest in it.

http://www.skial.com/threads/ny-server-ip-change.29899/

I also spammed every minute an advertisement saying that the IPs would be changed in 24 hours on all the NY servers and to check skial.com. It isn't possible to make this any easier.

[S.I.B.] Wolf Princess Von Toto

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I saw the server ip change, i followed all the ip changes when they went through. When it was changed to frontier it was my most played server before and after the switch (under the stats). I can follow what your saying and your logic for doing so, but there is clear want for the second server back as mountain labs vs frontier.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What you guys missed today
E932A5A24E839E07504DCC460CCC44C644E13BB2

9031E5692D0722B3F391B7739B6D717A713F6B4D

EB4BDD0FED9570F18EB2B425288F29AFF40C0D69

Mountain Lab FTW
8400B47D0E99FC8BB1D32378B22266865AC94FBC

Also Lul at killfeed.

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Most, they even had friend symbols to show others who the important people were.
yea I bet some of the people who randomly joined didn't have many if any "friend symbols" while playing today we pretty much took the server over for tonight