Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Recently, I've been experiencing issues with TF2 and CSGO because of my damaged escape key that I can't get repaired at this time.

Only solution I could think of is unbinding escape and rebinding it too some other location. However, if you type unbind escape in console, it won't let you so I'd like to ask if any of you nerds know if there is an alternate method to unbinding my escape key. If an answer is given, I request it be very specific. My knowledge on this sorta stuff is rather weak so a step-by-step solution would be greatly appreciated.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You could use SharpKeys to rebind it to something else

It basically rebinds keys from your windows registry to different functions. Since I'm using a mac keyboard on a windows computer (don't judge) I don't have a print screen key, so I rebound it to my F4 key.

http://www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/

It's very straight forward to use

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You could use SharpKeys to rebind it to something else

It basically rebinds keys from your windows registry to different functions. Since I'm using a mac keyboard on a windows computer (don't judge) I don't have a print screen key, so I rebound it to my F4 key.

http://www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/

It's very straight forward to use

I've tried to rebind the command escape does which I believe is cancelselect to something else and then bind escape to something else but it still binds to cancelselect. My bad, I should've explained the issue, escape performs it's command randomly so when I'm playing TF2 or CSGO, at any random point in time, the cancelselect menu opens which is rather frustrating, I know this is the fault of my escape key because it is broken, I'd like to just unbind it completely so it does nothing, know any way of doing so?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
After a long irritating struggle and alot of help from Meow, I can now rest safely, thanks Meow : )