Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Preseason Match 1 Mon, 1/21/13 PL (pl_waste_v2)
Regular Season Match 2 Mon, 1/28/13 KOTH (koth_lakeside_final)
Regular Season Match 3 Mon, 2/4/13 CP (cp_croissant_rc4)
Regular Season Match 4 Mon, 2/11/13 PL (pl_badwater)
Regular Season Match 5 Mon, 2/18/13 CTF (ctf_haunt_b1)
Regular Season Match 6 Mon, 2/25/13 CP (cp_koth_arctic_b2a)
Regular Season Match 7 Mon, 3/4/13 PL (pl_barnblitz_pro_rc2)
Regular Season Match 8 Mon, 3/11/13 AD (cp_steel)
Regular Season Match 9 Mon, 3/18/13 CP (cp_process_rc2)
Playoff Match 1 10 Mon, 3/25/13 CP (cp_standin_rc1)
Elimination Playoff Match 2 11 Mon, 4/1/13 KOTH (koth_pro_viaduct_rc3)
Elimination Playoff Match 3 12 Mon, 4/8/13 CP (cp_gullywash_final1)
Elimination Playoff Match 4 13 Mon, 4/15/13 PL (pl_swiftwater_ugc)
Final Championship Match 5 14 Mon, 4/22/13
http://ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19294#post19294
:D NO TURBINE!!

Reactions: wasd

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I agree with what the people were saying about the custom maps. The regular season should have mostly stock maps with maybe one or two custom ones. Also, cp_steel lololol. Too bad I'm not on a team.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Holy shit so much custom. Inb4shittyfpsonallthecustommaps

At least I get to play on bwater

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I like it, Steel is like 2000x better than Gpit, Vitalism is actually a fun CTF instead of Turbine, also new PL and new koth maps, nice. I don't like Standin as a comp map, but its double elimination, so I think it's fine.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
dafuq is pl_waste
srsly, i've played koth_waste but too many custom maps
It's 5cp but with a cart that can be pushed both ways. It was played in the HL Nations cup I believe... let me go find a vod...

so, i know the american demo, boulder, streamed it for sure but i can't find his vod in under 30 seconds, so have a sniper pov

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Preseason Match 1 Mon, 1/21/13 PL (pl_waste_v2)
This actually looks like it'll be pretty good. it was in that euro cup and i really wished ugc used it while watching that. Hopefully people get a chance to practice it.
Regular Season Match 3 Mon, 2/4/13 CP (cp_croissant_rc4)
Fuck yea. Everyone should love this map.[
Regular Season Match 5 Mon, 2/18/13 CTF (ctf_haunt_b1)
Never seen this. I hope it isn't a gimmick ctf map, but it prolly is. Everyone hates actual and awesome ctf ._.
Regular Season Match 6 Mon, 2/25/13 CP (cp_koth_arctic_b2a)
oh god this map. koth version was in RRR6. bad feels.
Regular Season Match 8 Mon, 3/11/13 AD (cp_steel)
YEEEESSSSSSS YEEEEESSSSS YYYYEEEEEAAAS. THIS IS THE BEST OH MY GOD PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HATE US ON THIS MAP :DDD
Playoff Match 1 10 Mon, 3/25/13 CP (cp_standin_rc1)
This map right here is going to wreck my team. It does every fucking scrim match lobby whatever. I fucking hate this map.
Elimination Playoff Match 3 12 Mon, 4/8/13 CP (cp_gullywash_final1)
Atleast we get back into solid highlander maps this far into playoffs
Elimination Playoff Match 4 13 Mon, 4/15/13 PL (pl_swiftwater_ugc)
hnnnng I don't normally say this, but when i heavied for some bronies that were borrowing our server for a baby tournament this suddenly became my favorite payload. It's like not being a medic on sniper maps makes them 8000000x more fun. AND, best part here, IT'S SUPER EASY TO CAST. :D
:D NO TURBINE!!
Fuck yourself. :( Turbine is literally the ONLY good stock ctf map, and with the additions of a higher roof and second path to L choke it's very playable. Not as fun for your engie but fuck em. They signed up for it.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The problem with Turbine is not (really) that it's a bad map, but it's played every single season now, same reason why Upward isn't on the list. Of course people will whine about Turbine strategies and whatnot, but it's hard to compare a map which have been here for ages to a relatively new one. Vitalism would definitely be more fun on the long term when teams actually learn to play it as much as they know Turbine by now.

I'd love to see a ctf map with no build zone around the intel btw.

HeadfulOfSandvich

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Since we're apparently doing a run-down of each map from a personal preference perspective...

Preseason Match 1 Mon, 1/21/13 PL (pl_waste_v2)​
The only pl map with more chokes than 2fort. As an engi, the map is generally smoother than friggin swiftwater sniper.For any other class, I hope to god the enemy demo is bad, otherwise you will literally NEVER cap the last point :/

Regular Season Match 3 Mon, 2/4/13 CP (cp_croissant_rc4)​
(Fuck yea. Everyone should love this map.)
rates this agree

Regular Season Match 5 Mon, 2/18/13 CTF (ctf_haunt_b1)​
Cancer. This map is literally the worst. That map with the 8 damn points that I can't even remember the name of was better than this piece of cancer map.

Regular Season Match 6 Mon, 2/25/13 CP (cp_koth_arctic_b2a)​
I think the map is good. Arctic generally receives a lot of the same criticism that ashville receives, and the 2 maps are very similar. I think sniper is, as with most koth maps, retarded on this map, but overall I like it

Regular Season Match 7 Mon, 3/4/13 PL (pl_barnblitz_pro_rc2)​
My second favorite pl map. Second only to swiftwater.

Regular Season Match 8 Mon, 3/11/13 AD (cp_steel)​
Managed to cap E in the first 3 minutes last time I played this map on a team. This map gives me that feelsgood.jpg vibe.

Regular Season Match 9 Mon, 3/18/13 CP (cp_process_rc2)​
Such a great map. Well designed, ends up forcing players, more-so in 6's but in hl as well, to shine individually as well as a team. Basically my fav 5cp hl map.

Playoff Match 1 10 Mon, 3/25/13 CP (cp_standin_rc1)​
Scrim this map like 5 times, no less, probably more, if you want a damn team to be comprehensive on this map. Trying to make any calls on a map with 3 different consecutively attackable points is like trying to make calls on gpit if you could cap c first but still had to have all 3 to win. Hate this map in hl with a passion.

Elimination Playoff Match 2 11 Mon, 4/1/13 KOTH (koth_pro_viaduct_rc3)​
<3 this map, always have, always will. Plays great for pretty much any class (except medic).

Elimination Playoff Match 3 12 Mon, 4/8/13 CP (cp_gullywash_final1)​
solid map, no complaints, lots of praise. everyone has already beat that subject into the ground like a dead duck so moving along rapidly.

Elimination Playoff Match 4 13 Mon, 4/15/13 PL (pl_swiftwater_ugc)​
My fav pl map of all time. so many great spots throughout this map that make both holds and offenses constantly vary. There are also so many different sets of strats from how to attack the map to how to defend it, that it really shows how well your team is prepared and whether or not your team can change strategies on the fly if necessary. Again, definitely my fav pl map of all time, and probably my fav map this season ( RIP GPIT D: )

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
They were going to use haunt in etf2l this season, but it got dropped. One thing I have noticed, is there's a lot of beta and release candidate maps on this list.