iTrade

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
What team do you think will win it? What team are you supporting?

I believe Manchester City or Paris Saint Germain will win it but I dislike both clubs..

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So who's gonna make it?

Group A:
FC Porto;
Dynamo Kiev

Group B:
Arsenal;
Schalke 04

Group C:
AC Milan;
Zenit St. Petersburg

Group D:
Real Madrid;
Ajax

Group E:
Chelsea;
Juventus

Group F:
Bayern Munich;
Valencia CF

Group G:
FC Barcelona;
Benfica

Group H:
Manchester United;
Galatasaray

Who's gonna make it to the semi-Final?
  1. Manchester United
  2. Real Madrid
  3. Chelsea
  4. FC Barcelona
Who's gonna win? I'd go for Barcelona. Only pure luck let Chelsea defeat Barcelona in last semi-finals.

I support Dynamo Kiev.

iTrade

Who's gonna win? I'd go for Barcelona. Only pure luck let Chelsea defeat Barcelona in last semi-finals.
Paris bought a lot of good players and ManCity has a good team. I like Juventus and Bayern Munich but they won't win :s

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Paris bought a lot of good players and ManCity has a good team. I like Juventus and Bayern Munich but they won't win :s
Real Madrid used to have a bunch of star-rated players and still managed to suck big time. Having "good players" means precisely nothing. Having team which players got along and are playing like a one damn machine - that's what matters. Both Juventus and Bayern have teams like that.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I watched Bayern yesterday, they were pretty convincing without Robben and Javi Martinez who they just bought for €40m, but it's way too early to tell. Barcelona won't be the same without Guardiola, that's for sure... MU could improve a lot from last year if Van Persie can stay injury free, City too if they can keep Tevez interested in the whole season. Chelsea will have trouble coping with Drogba's departure (any club would). I would say Real Madrid are slight favourites this year, but there are like 5-6 teams who could win without a surprise I think.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I watched Bayern yesterday, they were pretty convincing without Robben and Javi Martinez who they just bought for €40m, but it's way too early to tell. Barcelona won't be the same without Guardiola, that's for sure... MU could improve a lot from last year if Van Persie can stay injury free, City too if they can keep Tevez interested in the whole season. Chelsea will have trouble coping with Drogba's departure (any club would). I would say Real Madrid are slight favourites this year, but there are like 5-6 teams who could win without a surprise I think.
Last season Barca's players have shown no support to Messi. Messi is a great player but he can't make a game by himself. As soon as mid-fielders realize that and start supporting Messi - Barca will be one damn demolition machine.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Last season Barca's players have shown no support to Messi. Messi is a great player but he can't make a game by himself. As soon as mid-fielders realize that and start supporting Messi - Barca will be one damn demolition machine.
Noone can win a trophy alone anymore, the game evolved so much since the eighties. That's why the hype of Pele and Maradona will never die down, while in truth they were nowhere near as good as Ronaldo or Messi are now.

I still think that the Barca won't be the same or nowhere near that without Guardiola, what he built there was really extraordinary.

iTrade

I saw Bayern Munich game as well. After the 0:1 for Stuttgart (no idea how you call them in English) I thought they lose it. I'd never thought they would win 6:1. A humilitating victory.
Same can be said about Juventus' game vs Udinese. 4:1 against a team that wants to win the Seria A. Really enjoyed that game, too.

Jorvik

Scarcely Lethal Noob

I wouldn't call it luck. Chelsea had a squad good enough to keep Barcelona out. In the final they were lucky, against Barcelona they played extremely well.

Winners, Bayern Munich.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I wouldn't call it luck. Chelsea had a squad good enough to keep Barcelona out. In the final they were lucky, against Barcelona they played extremely well.

Over the 2 legs Chelsea had 11 attempts, Barcelona had 36. Over the 2 legs Chelsea had 28% posession, Barcelona had 72%. Over the 2 legs Chelsea had 2 corners, Barcelona had 18. And so on...

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...match=2007689/postmatch/statistics/index.html
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...match=2007692/postmatch/statistics/index.html

But of course you're entitled to your opinion, I'm not trying to convince you.

LOLfwappz

Positively Inhumane Poster
Group A
1.PSG
2. Porto or Dynamo Kyiv (Too close to call)

Group B
1.Schalke 04
2. Arsenal

Group C
1.AC Milan
2. Zenit

Group D
1.Real Madrid
2. Manchester City or Dortmund (Also too close to call)

Group E
1.Juventus
2.Chelsea

Group F
1.Bayern Munchen
2.Lille

Group G
1.Barca
2.Spartak Moskva

Group H
1.Man U
2.Galatasary

EDIT
Final= Chelsea VS Man U or Real Madrid

Drunkard

Contributor
Manchester United is gonna win. With Rooney and v. Persie they own.

RVP really saved the game on Sunday. United needs to work on the midfield and defense if they ever hope to get far in the Champions league. We cannot make it on offense alone.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
RVP really saved the game on Sunday. United needs to work on the midfield and defense if they ever hope to get far in the Champions league. We cannot make it on offense alone.
When was the last time that United relied on their fine August form? : )

iTrade

Chelsea and ManU won't win it. That's for sure. ManU has way too much trouble in the premier league (if you have a look at all games played). Chelsea on the other hand lost 4:1 to Atletecio in the UFEA Super Cup. Highly doubt they will pass the groupstage. Juve and Shakat can both beat them

Dzike

Uncharitable Spy

I don´t know if MU changed much this trasfer period, but from the players before they have a better squad then Chelsea in my opinion anyway. But with the world´s best clubs it depends on luck. Does the ball goes in the goal or does it stop on the line and so on. I mean, the best clubs are laying so close to each other..

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
omyvp.jpg