Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Edit - to clarify, I don't necessarily think the old turbine maps should be replaced, rather I think it would be nice to have a new server running this map. Or allow players to vote for which map they want

Turbine is designed for 24 slot normal respawn time servers which can cause some major balance issues on 32 slot fast respawn servers (mainly engineer turtlefests where one team is kept in their base)

Turbine pro adds a couple of extra flanking routes, some other minor changes /lighting improvements without going overboard with the map changes

This video shows the differences

Last edited:

185db

Epic Skial Regular
personally, im going to -1 this because i prefer the stock map over the pro version. ive played on both a lot, but i just prefer normal.

if the majority of people want the pro version though i am not opposed. generally speaking though, if someone is playing on a 32 player i dont think map balance is their first concern :yum:

now, if you were to add other servers with this map instead of replacing it i would be down, but of course thats a whole other issue.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if you were to add other servers with this map instead of replacing it i would be down, but of course thats a whole other issue.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'l edit my post to clarify that

I don't think any maps should be replaced, rather make a new server or something with the map. Gives it a little variation, if its an option

Reactions: 185db

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'l edit my post to clarify that

I don't think any maps should be replaced, rather make a new server or something with the map. Gives it a little variation, if its an option
oh, in that case +1 if its possible

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Another idea is adding it into a map rotation on turbine and people can vote for which one they want to play

But I dunno how that would work out

Just throwing out ideas

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
+1
We have plenty of turbine servers so we could use one to test it out.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
+1
I would consider adding it to rotation or change one of the the servers to pro to check the player response first.
If the player response is all good then adding it permanently into rotation would be good
or out of the many turbine servers, changing one of them to pro could also work.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

Looks like a very interesting map, would make me actually interested in playing Turbine.
If we could do an end-of-round vote for: "Change to Turbine Pro", "Extend this map".

Whip_Cactus

Truly Feared Pyro
After looking at the map, I'm going to solidify what I think about this:
As someone who has played around 250 hours of turbine and play it almost daily, I feel that the map would be a definite improvement, but would not massively change a lot of the common complaints with the map, for example there are still massively powerful sight-lines and easily camp-able spots for engies and demos.
I think it's definitely a step in the right direction, but should not be seen as the be all and end all solution to turbine complaints.
Nevertheless still a huge +1 from me...

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If any of you guys happen to be on turbine please consider putting the link to this thread in chat every now and then to see what the others think of it

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I used to play this version, I always liked it. Add it to one of the european turbine servers aswell.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Unfortunatly this thread has not seen any reply to wether it will be added or not. I would like to kindly ask the man in charge to take a look at this suggestion and give his thoughts on the whole deal.

Bottiger

Administrator
We have tried turbine pro before and it never worked out well. Currently the map is still not very popular looking at the stats. Given how poorly metropolis worked out, I don't think we need to retry all the custom maps that have failed us before.

Most people play Turbine over other maps because they like the supposed problems that turbine pro fixes so I do not see this working out at all.