Bottiger

Administrator
As someone who spent a significant time trading for a few months, I found it really amusing that the trading community has recently been coming to grips that their richest users got rich by lowballing ignorant noobs as if it was possible to legitimately amass dozens of high priced unusuals in such a short amount of time.

Exhibit A
  • Scorpion Sting by Who_is_Scorpion. He goes undercover pretending to be a noob with an unusual and ends up catching many of the frequent Sourceop traders lying to him about how much his unusual was worth.
  • What is especially funny about this is that he is guilty of this behavior as well, being the past owner of 50 Max's. I remember him trying to lowball my Max on SPUF.
  • He also said he was saving up for a BMW before screenshots of them showed up in his profile.
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
  • Steamrep removes all traces of TF2-Trader from their website. An argument surfaces on TF2T about it. What is explained there is that many of their admins are ripoff artists and money launderers.

Noobsayhi2nooB

Uncharitable Spy
As someone who spent a significant time trading for a few months, I found it really amusing that the trading community has recently been coming to grips that their richest users got rich by lowballing ignorant noobs as if it was possible to legitimately amass dozens of high priced unusuals in such a short amount of time.

Most rich businessmen in the real world do that, nothing wrong with it.. If your stupid and ignorant that's your fault.. Just saying in genral not talking about anyone here.

Most of the world is doing this right now low balling poor people from countries like China and other Asian countries to work for them cheap labor.. Look at most of the stuff you use its all made in china.

Reactions: (cYs) Del Piero

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor

Most rich businessmen in the real world do that, nothing wrong with it.. If your stupid and ignorant that's your fault.. Just saying in genral not talking about anyone here.

Most of the world is doing this right now low balling poor people from countries like China and other Asian countries to work for them cheap labor.. Look at most of the stuff you use its all made in china.
I agree.
The world is never fair. Why should that change in TF2? If you think about every person gets 9 weps a week from drops and on rare occasions one hat. Most people (also on Skial) have only a good packpack because they lowballed others. It's not possible to get rich without lowballing. Buy low sell high. That's not only how the TF2 world roles

Reactions: Noobsayhi2nooB

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It all comes down to ethics. I can easily rip-off someone by selling some of my items. Does that mean I should do it? Well, that depends. Do you want to gain a profit, or a friend? I find that making friends will help in the long run, while gaining profit is temporary. However, you don't have to worry about the "temporary" problem if you continuously do it for a constant profit.

Reactions: (cYs) Del Piero

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
I don't think Noob or Piero have any interest in making friends.
Why would you want friends when you can have your virtual backpack be worth a dollar more?

Reactions: Noobsayhi2nooB

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
You're a known rip-off artist.
Friend count:0
Enemy count: too high

Guess how much of a profit you'll make if no-one wants to trade with you

You're a known trader who has fair prices
Friend count :too high
Enemy count: the rest of the traders

Guess how much of a profit you'll make if everyone recommends you

Noobsayhi2nooB

Uncharitable Spy
It all comes down to ethics. I can easily rip-off someone by selling some of my items. Does that mean I should do it? Well, that depends. Do you want to gain a profit, or a friend? I find that making friends will help in the long run, while gaining profit is temporary. However, you don't have to worry about the "temporary" problem if you continuously do it for a constant profit.
yup as long as there is "constant profit" if that stops then your back to square one. Coz who's gonna pay your bill's... your friends?? I don't think so.. Maybe your Closest friend but how many times do you think he will keep saying yes...

Noobsayhi2nooB

Uncharitable Spy
I don't think Noob or Piero have any interest in making friends.
Why would you want friends when you can have your virtual backpack be worth a dollar more?

I am here to sell things not make friends who will want free stuff or who will beg me to sell things cheap to them since their my friends.. in other words they just wanna be my friend to get things cheap.

To be on the safe side I only sell my friends normal weapons for a scrap each and those who buy weapons from me often, get one free.

Good example of online friends http://www.skial.com/threads/grimm-hatte-heart-scammed-be-careful-if-u-buying.4738/

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I am here to sell things not make friends who will want free stuff or who will beg me to sell things cheap to them since their my friends.. in other words they just wanna be my friend to get things cheap.
stop friending 8 year olds and you wont get that

Reactions: Cylosis

Noobsayhi2nooB

Uncharitable Spy

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Reactions: basiate and Cylosis

basiate

Positively Inhumane Poster
Lol Ruelel nobody asked you for your 2 cents buddy anyway I don't go adding people. Unless they wanna trade me. I don't have any value for online friendship. Friends come and friends go just like money and women.

here's a good example why http://www.skial.com/threads/grimm-hatte-heart-scammed-be-careful-if-u-buying.4738/

wait don't go saying that guy is an 8 year old too.

Friends might be like women, but by the looks of your attitude, you can't get either.

Reactions: Cylosis

Noobsayhi2nooB

Uncharitable Spy
Friends might be like women, but by the looks of your attitude, you can't get either.

Perhaps you miss read or you need to get your eyes checked or you just don't understand simple English "Friends come and friends go just like money and women"

How can you come to a conclusion I don't get any either?? the fact that I said they come and they go... I guess you just wanna say something coz your offended by something I said in my above posts anyhow I could care less.

Kid I heard spec savers are having a 50% sale you should probably jump on your cycle and head down there.

With that being said I am outta here.