Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We can all say that we've had our fun times on Trade US's map trade_portal2_beta5, but lets be honest, the map looks hideous with it's 'broken' and unfinished look. Why have we kept it for so long?
6D5F466E0124792EABDA4AC00C87A128F0E651C9

I know it's "just a trade map," to most people, but we can manage something more pleasant to the eye and maybe even more fun with a more exciting environment. Sunset Saloon is aesthetically very appealing, and I believe it's better to fit to skials reputation of having great servers with the best of maps: which Portal_beta really does not.

link to trade_sunset_saloon_r2_2 - http://gamebanana.com/maps/179381
This trade map is completely functional.

I made a quick demonstration of the map, here ...

Some screenshots:
5313ae44b9314.jpg

5313ae5094532.jpg

5313ae760c72a.jpg

Last edited:

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
+1, keep the one on EU though because that one is actually an alright version.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I think change in this case is bad. The map does look good, but with its side-by-side spawns, I guarantee there's going to be more abuse with people complaining about "I'm friendly, you can't kill me" and then voting to silence, as well as general complaints about spawncamping, etc. We do have Fast DL so I don't think we'll lose too many players to waiting a few minutes for a new map.
I do respect the opinions of the Admins who support this as well as OP, so I'm not going to downvote. We can give this a try and when/if it doesn't work, we can fix the issues with Trade_Portal2_Beta5 and restore the branding that is Trade US and its map. A custom, non-Trade_Plaza-based map would be highly preferable in my opinion to something found on a big mod site.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

I'm curious how much the map affects performance - but I don't see a reason to not support this.
The current map on TRADE US is awful, @Meme Tea ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) is right though - don't change the EU map.

Sharky!

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I like the map, however, I feel as if it's missing the "openness" that most trade server maps have. I feel like this map could get cramped very quickly.

Still +1 though, the current map sucks.