Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Prior to tough break, I had an FPS Config that would allow for stable performance (50-70 FPS). Now it's absolutely terrible with FPS (9-21). Any FPS Configs that could help me out that anyone knows?

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I'm getting FPS dips too where my FPS can go from over 70 to under 20.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
opt out of steam beta. Go to change profile name and then follow the picture. Click account in top left, go down to beta participation and click the box that says change, then in the window that pops up click none. This will disable broadcast but boost fps a ton. The update switched some commands to be gpu heavy instead of cpu, so try putting the command -default into the launch options and see if that gives you more frames. There have been instances where having higher settings will give you more frames because it makes it more gpu heavy. If the second method gives you more just tweak your config for allow for higher settings and then remove the command. I personally am getting more frames than ever, 200+ at worst. I just did the first method.

oiCvlAp.png

Bewbies

Mildly Menacing Medic
For me, it was the teammate glow on respawn that hammered my FPS. (tf_spawn_glows_duration). Can also turn it off in Adv Options.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I was already opted out of beta and I tried setting -default into the launch options. I set my settings higher as well but sadly there was no change for better or worse on my FPS.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
opt out of steam beta. Go to change profile name and then follow the picture. Click account in top left, go down to beta participation and click the box that says change, then in the window that pops up click none. This will disable broadcast but boost fps a ton. The update switched some commands to be gpu heavy instead of cpu, so try putting the command -default into the launch options and see if that gives you more frames. There have been instances where having higher settings will give you more frames because it makes it more gpu heavy. If the second method gives you more just tweak your config for allow for higher settings and then remove the command. I personally am getting more frames than ever, 200+ at worst. I just did the first method.

oiCvlAp.png
Opting out of Steam Beta won't boost your fps in every instance, for most people it won't change your fps for shit. For all you know it was just a fucked up update download and reverting fixed shit.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Man Sargent, that seems like a... tough break for you and your FPS
This entire thing is a tough break for me, the degreaser nerf, the axtinguisher balance / nerf, the phlog buff and now this. I am also already opted out of steam beta, nothing changed.