CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

This was a total downer. Lange is giving up. For those who do not know who he is, Lange is one of the biggest pushers for TF2. He is one of the makers for Tip of the Hats and one of the major producers for TFTV as well as one of the oldest players in the community. I was totally bummed about this.....but then I read a thread based on this video.

http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/show...-the-state-of-competitive-TF2-quot-Discussion

This brought up different solutions not just for TF2 Comp, but the game in general. It's weird how even at its lowest this community still is working to make the game accessible. With the release of the latest update that was, sadly, just a video(a very well made one but not much impact on the game), many are dissatisfied with Valve.....again. Competitive is still there with UGC still offering 3 leagues with numerous divisions in TF2 as well as the EVL battle royal which garnered over 386 signups with a split that was nearly equal between competitive players and new players. The game is still viable and still has a community that breaks their backs on keeping this game alive.

I don't know what the point of this post is. I just wanted to share something that hit me pretty hard but was softened by people in the TF2 community showing they are still there to make this game work.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
There was a beta map for EotL that was being beta tested a while ago. I wonder what made them decide to scrap it? Anyways, the best thing we could do with comp is to just encourage new players to join in, whatever the ranking. The older players might be dissatisfied with what Valve is doing, but I feel like that is to be expected. It's just a video game, and you can only play one for so long before it gets stale. So that's why I think comp needs to change face a tiny bit and overall feel more welcoming to new teams and players.

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Valve just does not give a shit about tf2 enough to give tf2 esports scene a the jump its need to be near the same level as dota and cs.

Lol valve just want to sweep it under a rug like that disc game (forgot its name).

Actually when have valve shown actual interest with tf2 esport like anything

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's not only comp for me. It is the game in general. Valve is disconnected and not caring and blablabla broken record. I don't care about updates or any new weapons but I want them to acknowledge that there is a community past SFM promotions and hat trading. Listen to us. Actually care about what your players want and not what a fucking chart or demographic thinks. Respond to the work the community does. Closest thing we got was Tip of the Hats and they gave us a hat and a small mention. Twitch actually cared about us and gave us the light of day. In the thread I posted, a LAN tournament runner for CS went to the GXL in October and is now running LAN tournaments for TF2 every month in his location in Boston. That is really cool. There is interest. Show some yourself, Valve

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Valve just does not care, OK great the community does well then the community has to make it big enough for valve to not ignore it. Even then what can valve really do. Throw some money in, make some update changes. Remember valve likes to stay outside the community competitive scene only doing something every once in awhile

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Valve has a new cash cow now. Why should they keep tending to their older cash cow aside from meager updates?

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
comp tf2 is fun and it will have players even if there won't be any leagues left (but they aren't going anywhere anyway)