Bottiger

Administrator
You can now enter or leave thirdperson on all servers by typing /3.

This is because the last update allows thirdperson without enabling sv_cheats which let people wallhack.

Reactions: ProbeX

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
But.....It's like hacking....We can see spies before they backstab and peak through corners without getting hit if we're playing reg servers :(

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
The only times I feel thirdperson is cool is when you play soldier. His animations make him look like a goddamned boss, especially his shotgun one.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think the Third Person looks just fine at 1920x1080 with everything all the way up. I am sure it is alot crappier for those of us using 2004 level graphics cards lol.
it's not that. it's the fact that the crosshair is in the wrong spot. you shoot a bit under the crosshair in 3rd person

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Put a custom crosshair where you actually shoot, problem solved.
It's still not accurate at all, as the distance will make a huge impact.

The only real way to make any sort of accurate add-on of any sort would be to use custom models which draw a line out from your character's line of sight. However, this could easily be considered a cheat, since you'd also have line-of-sight draws for other players, which acts like a janky wallhack.