Coffee Cosmonaut

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
So, I think I've come to the decision of getting rid of my MacBook Pro and getting a Desktop.

Since I'm not really tech savvy, I was hoping to buy a prebuilt PC.

I've got a budget of around $850 to $1100. I'd like to able to run games on decent setting but not high and of course do everything an average person would do on their computer.

If anything is unclear, I'll be happy to answer questions. Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So, I think I've come to the decision of getting rid of my MacBook Pro and getting a Desktop. Since I'm not really tech savvy, I was hoping to buy an already made one.

I've got a budget of around $850 to $1100. I'd like to able to run games on decent setting but not high and of course do everything an average person would do on their computer.

If anything is unclear, I'll be happy to answer questions. Thanks ahead of time!
With that budget you'd easily be able to run source games at max and a lot of newer games at med-max.
The build here is decent for 1000$.

the spy on fire

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
http://www.dell.com/us/eep/p/alienware-14/pd?oc=DKOSG01s&model_id=alienware-14 free tablet cupon code 20% off
156083_us_cons_q3w6_hero_btn2.jpg
7WQJ5G?FTS38T7

may not work though

Free shipping

Reactions: Chance

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Wait for a Steam Machine to come out, those are the best pre-built PCs you can get, just wait for SteamOS to come out with the controller though.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why not try and build one yourself? Its alot cheaper and its very easy to set up. Atlest it was for me. If you need help I'm sure you can find it somewhere, help from a friend or even online.

Coffee Cosmonaut

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Why not try and build one yourself? Its alot cheaper and its very easy to set up. Atlest it was for me. If you need help I'm sure you can find it somewhere, help from a friend or even online.
I think I'll do some research and do that actually. Would be interesting to try out.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think I'll do some research and do that actually. Would be interesting to try out.

Keep in mind (this is coming from personal experience) building your own rig can sometimes turn out to be a massive pain in the ass. There are a lot of little but crucial things that guides don't cover or forget to mention that you usually have to figure out on your own, and troubleshooting can sometimes be a complete bitch to do.

I had to spend over a week trying out endless amounts of fixes, and almost came close to replacing half of my brand new rig only to figure out that I was crashing from a simple on/off setting in the bios. Everyone was telling me to replace this expensive part and that expensive part and they all turned out wrong, so I could of been out a lot of money just to try a possible fix for bluescreening.

So I'm just sayin, prebuilt is a little more expensive but most companies test the rigs and make sure its all working which can possibly spare you a massive headache down the road.

Coffee Cosmonaut

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Keep in mind (this is coming from personal experience) building your own rig can sometimes turn out to be a massive pain in the ass. There are a lot of little but crucial things that guides don't cover or forget to mention that you usually have to figure out on your own, and troubleshooting can sometimes be a complete bitch to do.

I had to spend over a week trying out endless amounts of fixes, and almost came close to replacing half of my brand new rig only to figure out that I was crashing from a simple on/off setting in the bios. Everyone was telling me to replace this expensive part and that expensive part and they all turned out wrong, so I could of been out a lot of money just to try a possible fix for bluescreening.

So I'm just sayin, prebuilt is a little more expensive but most companies test the rigs and make sure its all working which can possibly spare you a massive headache down the road.
I see. Well, I'll think it over. I'm in no rush to get a new computer.

Thanks for all your input/help fellas!

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Depends what parts and such. I did not have problems with building mine, it all depends on what you want and all that jazz.

Coffee Cosmonaut

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Depends what parts and such. I did not have problems with building mine, it all depends on what you want and all that jazz.
I was thinking of doing a good amount of research into what parts I'd like and what not, and when I find the build I choose to use I'll bring it back here and have you all critique it. Think that would be a decent idea.