What's good about the auction house closing?

The main concern people have with the auction house is that Blizzard have been tailoring the harder difficulties around the mindset that players have access to better gear just by buying it instead of looting it from enemies. The harder difficulties in Diablo 3 are much like World of Warcraft, a very prompt and sudden curve in difficulty and players with gear acquired from the last difficulty can't handle the harder ones, they just simply doesn't have the necessary DPS with their gear.

So players are either forced to go down a difficulty and slay bosses (have in mind the chance of good drops is a lot smaller than what it was in Diablo 2, done by Blizzard to encourage players to actually buy gear) or spend money on the auction house just to be able to have the necessary DPS to be able to survive and kill the harder enemies.

Edit: People hope that with the closing of the auction house, Blizzard will reverse how they are tailoring the harder difficulties in the new expansion to a closer system like the one we had with Diablo 2 that was more forgiving for the step inbetween each difficulty but still had a lot of possibly customizability.

Reactions: Void

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I just hope the new xpac destroys the current economy, giving it a full reset. Even without the AH it's still gonna be heinous.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not really sure it's a good thing auction house is gonne close. I mean, 70% of the daily player base already has a pimped out 9trillion dps set. So those who join in, will get it very hard to get such a decent set without farming trillionbillionzillion hours.

Toxik

Contributor
The RMAH ruined the game. The gold AH was okay, but now that is has been tainted by the RMAH it needs to be cut off like a leg with gangrene.
I made almost $100 selling rare shit I got playing D:
And spent over half of it buying other rare shit from other players.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I'm not really sure it's a good thing auction house is gonne close. I mean, 70% of the daily player base already has a pimped out 9trillion dps set. So those who join in, will get it very hard to get such a decent set without farming trillionbillionzillion hours.

That's why they are also releasing an expansion. If it's anything like a WoW expansion, all of that stuff will become useless.