What is the best MMORPG

• Total voters

Draconie

Jailbreak Moderator
Contributor
I got bored of Archeage and don't really see any interesting mmo's out, anyone have one that they enjoy playing and would recommend to others?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
If you're into cars and prefer a more relaxed definition of "MMORPG," The Crew is actually really entertaining for what it's worth and everyone I've played with so far is really cool. I'd recommend it.

Toxik

Contributor
Also looking for one to play with 1-3 friends, preferably free
One friend wants to go back to 2007 Runescape if we don't come up with another idea, fuck

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm gonna throw the obvious World of Warcraft out there. Some people like to hate on it just because its popular even though they have never set foot in the game before. It's been and still is one of the most subscribed to MMO's in the market for 11 years now for a reason and it has a very steady flow of content

There's also Guild Wars 2. It has a box price but its not subscription based. Guild Wars 2 really improved on a lot of the shitty aspects MMO's have had for quite awhile

There's also Runescape but its extremely grindy. To get the full experience of the game you have to get very high stats which can take literal years of extremely repetitive grinding to do. One quest could require literally 50+ hours of skill grinding to meet the requirements to even start the quest.

Toxik

Contributor
I'm gonna throw the obvious World of Warcraft out there. Some people like to hate on it just because its popular even though they have never set foot in the game before. It's been and still is one of the most subscribed to MMO's in the market for 11 years now for a reason and it has a very steady flow of content

There's also Guild Wars 2. It has a box price but its not subscription based. Guild Wars 2 really improved on a lot of the shitty aspects MMO's have had for quite awhile

There's also Runescape but its extremely grindy. To get the full experience of the game you have to get very high stats which can take literal years of extremely repetitive grinding to do. One quest could require literally 50+ hours of skill grinding to meet the requirements to even start the quest.

3 of us have Guild Wars 2, but we all got bored of it while playing independently. Maybe if we give it a try at playing it together with new accounts it could be fun!
Runescape was great when we were in high school, but as you said the grinding is just awful. My friend who wants to play it loves doing that shit, but I can't sit in front of my screen fishing/banking for 5 hours straight

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
runescape sucks and you shouldnt be friends with someone who wants to play it

Toxik

Contributor
So far, I found Tera that looks pretty awesome and is free to play, multiple races and classes, and unlike most MMORPG's you have to aim in fights which looks pretty cool

Blade & Soul looks neat too, but graphics are weird and you have to pay for the initial game then a monthly subscription if I read right

Bless looks awesome but apparently is still in closed beta, plus the download website is entirely in Korean

Then of course there's RIFT, it's become pretty popular, to me it basically looks like a free version of Guild Wars 2

All in all, I think I'll just give Tera a shot

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So far, I found Tera that looks pretty awesome and is free to play, multiple races and classes, and unlike most MMORPG's you have to aim in fights which looks pretty cool
I uh... I am very tempted to download this.