• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Thomas Montle

Mildly Menacing Medic
I play sniper quite a bit, and my weapon of choice is the machina. Now I will headshot somone if given a clear shot, but most of the time I just bodyshot for 150ish damage. I dont see anything wrong with bodyshotting, however I have had several people get quite mad at me for it. Two of them even joined my team so that they could stand in front of my scope to keep me from shooting. I am wondering what your opinions on bodyshots are. Is is good, or a noob tactic?

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
going for bodyshots wouldn't fit my aggressive playstyle so i don't usually go for them

but if you want to sit around in one place for the entire game then sure

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I actively body shot people to death when they accuse me of aimbotting. The reactions are priceless.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I can't even headshot a heavy
I'd say it's a waste when you bodyshot because it leaves you open for the opponent to notice and attack you.
Bodyshots do deal quite some damage but I wouldn't go for it

About people saying it's cheap, it takes some time to charge it, it doesn't instant kill you most of the time and they know that there's a sniper around there waiting for them so they can hide and try another route

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I always use the sydney sleeper and get body shots.

Why click on a portion of the hitbox when you could hit the whole thing?

Sometimes I run to the front lines with my rifle and start bodyshot noscoping for days.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I agree, people getting mad is just an excuse for them to compensate the -1 kill score. I mean, sure a good sniper can go for headshots but the main base that just plays to deal damage doesnt need to do that, after all most body shots are enough if the target is too damaged already. I dont really see the point why to aim for the small head when you can hit 80 percent of the body in the mid for non critical, but lethal hit (most of the times).

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and respect good snipers that deal critical headshots and can actually play the class, but for us, the mere mortals, bodyshots are enough to live with.

Last edited:

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just use a Huntsman. People complain about body shots for that weapon as well for some odd reason.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Does not matter what weapon or what class, someone will always complain about it no matter who or what kills them.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Does not matter what weapon or what class, someone will always complain about it no matter who or what kills them.
Unless you play Soda Popper scout with the +reload glitch. If someone does that, they deserve to die a painful death.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The only class I have a hard time defending against is pyro. I'm a pyro magnet in-game.

What reload glitch?

RainbowNoms

Gore-Spattered Heavy
If you think that's bad, there are idiots on Orange all-crit who complain about sniper bodyshots, even though the all-crit nature takes away literally the ONLY INCENTIVE to headshot.

That server's not exactly a haven for intellect, admitted, but come on, people.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The only class I have a hard time defending against is pyro. I'm a pyro magnet in-game.

What reload glitch?
Putting +reload in the console and then using the Soda Popper will give it an unusually short reload time. It's basically an auto-shotgun for the scout.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Putting +reload in the console and then using the Soda Popper will give it an unusually short reload time. It's basically an auto-shotgun for the scout.
Well then. That's something I don't ever want to encounter.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
This question has been so overdone.

Who gives a shit if they lose health or die via a bodyshot, trolling stickies, hidden sentry, black box, sneaky spy, W+M1, the fact is they are either low on health or dead! Congrats you win! They lose. And the only reason someone says "Nice bodyshot noob" is because he or she is dead and is fucking pissed about it.

So fuck them.

You did what you we're suppose to do.

+1 for your k/d ratio.