• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

eu slayer

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Didn't know where else to put this, so here is good enough. So someone, please tell me the name of the person who thought the AFK bots were a good idea, because I'd like to bash that person over the head with a brick. The AFK bots are a terrible idea, and they only interfere with gameplay. Just go back to kicking AFKers, please.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Didn't know where else to put this, so here is good enough. So someone, please tell me the name of the person who thought the AFK bots were a good idea, because I'd like to bash that person over the head with a brick. The AFK bots are a terrible idea, and they only interfere with gameplay. Just go back to kicking AFKers, please.

Please read this. The topic has been beaten to the ground.

https://www.skial.com/threads/stupid-afk-bots.63162/

uLainey ⚤

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The bots are now my favorite feature about skial. I love watching my bot bugger about while I eat and keep my spot warm on the server.

Reactions: White Moose

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Edit - didn't see the dates, thought this was a new thread but it was just necro'd

Someone already linked the thread, but read over this post in particular:

Rjq33Bq.png

Saraya

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I dont like bots but for a different reason.

lets get the obligatory TSA out of the way before anyone mentions it

I dont mind bots but remove the damn buffs they got. that is all. the damage resist and always hit melee is very annoying.

I dont mind the aimbot script even if its out there. but damn it is annoying having to play a cheap batt. backup boosted bots. some 1shot kills now require 2 or more ffs.

Bottiger

Administrator
I am not sure what the point of posting that TSA is. AFK bots are not fake players, they are clearly labled AFK and there are huge letters on your screen telling you what is happening if you are afk. Someone on the TF2 team also specifically said they allow them as long as they are labeled as such, which they are.

The bots are already insanely bad at the game even with these bonuses. The average players has a Skial rating of 1500. The rating of an AFK bot is 700-800. You can use our stats website and you will probably have a hard time finding anyone with a skill rating as low as an AFK bot.

We had people complaining the bots on their team are useless, so if we did what you asked, we would just have more people complaining about useless bots on their team.

In my opinion they are already way too easy to kill.

Saraya

I am not sure what the point of posting that TSA is. AFK bots are not fake players, they are clearly labled AFK and there are huge letters on your screen telling you what is happening if you are afk. Someone on the TF2 team also specifically said they allow them as long as they are labeled as such, which they are.

The bots are already insanely bad at the game even with these bonuses. The average players has a Skial rating of 1500. The rating of an AFK bot is 700-800. You can use our stats website and you will probably have a hard time finding anyone with a skill rating as low as an AFK bot.

We had people complaining the bots on their team are useless, so if we did what you asked, we would just have more people complaining about useless bots on their team.

In my opinion they are already way too easy to kill.
...Have you played against these bots in recent time? When you're playing any tf2 class who's health <165hp and/or just straight up meleeing, the melee hit that always connects is devastating even to the most skillful of players. and when you add the crit factor which for some reason is very biased to the bot, you have high skill bots with 99% accurate melee hit which almost always crits. up close and personal with such bots, only a nightmare awaits.

can't count how many times I have died on SUIJIN NY because of these melee crits that never miss from these bots. I usually play spy or sniper, so even just one crit is enough to kill me. I'm not a bad player by any means. and with the people I played with on these servers, 9/10 the afk bot is better than the damn human player anyways. lets not forget the bot's amazing aimbot skillz.

I will say it again: I don't really mind bots. but if there is needing a fix, is that at least the damage resists needs to go. I can tolerate the aimbot script. I can tolerate the always hitting melee crit that spells doom for anyone whos health is <160 and is stupid enough to challenge the savage bot up close and personal. What annoys the hell outta me though is dat health boost/damage resist buffs. You say the bots are awful but I know plenty on Suijin NY who would disagree and in fact, some type !afk sometimes in order to turn the tides to their favor. not just in that server, some intentionally go afk in other servers like turbine or 2fort, in order to get the upper hand knowing that the afk bot has these buffs.

You say the bots are bad yet these actions occur. have you played against these bots, Bottiger? I have. They most certainly do not suck. Great to have on your team. sucks to play against though. I can count players I can rely on regularly with only one hand. most that play I would much rather have a bot as a teammate tbh because of said buffs.

Bottiger

Administrator
There is no melee or crit bonus. Heavy afk bots do half the damage, and take 33% more damage.

I tested them myself before I released them which is why I know they are bad.

They just run straight through sentries or hotspots and get instantly killed without accomplishing anything.

I will try increasing the damage they receive a little.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
There is no melee or crit bonus. Heavy afk bots do half the damage, and take 33% more damage.

I tested them myself before I released them which is why I know they are bad.

They just run straight through sentries or hotspots and get instantly killed without accomplishing anything.

I will try increasing the damage they receive a little.

Personally, I don't have an issue killing bots, however it ruins the pacing of the game.
So I'm up against two scouts and a heavy, fair enough - I'll focus the scouts first as they're easy.
One rocket, two rockets - one scout down. One rocket, two rockets - oh, he's still alive - oh it's an AFK bot.

I've had situations in which I've thought about spectating a pyro because he seemed to be using an airblasting hack.
Every single rocket comes back at me, I get suspicious and go into spectate - oh, it's a bot.
It's the best player that I've seen at airblasting - and it's a bot.

Playing engineer is very strange with AFK bots on the other team, as even scouts can distract the sentry for a lot longer than they should.
I've seen players who let the AFK bot go around the corner first, knowing that it will tank the damage of the sentry whilst they destroy it.

I don't see any reason why the AFK bots should be harder to kill than the default TF2 bots - people don't complain about bots being too easy.
It becomes an issue when people see bots as having an advantage over them from the damage reduction.
I don't understand why the bots need any enhancements at all, really.

Saraya

Personally, I don't have an issue killing bots, however it ruins the pacing of the game.
So I'm up against two scouts and a heavy, fair enough - I'll focus the scouts first as they're easy.
One rocket, two rockets - one scout down. One rocket, two rockets - oh, he's still alive - oh it's an AFK bot.

I've had situations in which I've thought about spectating a pyro because he seemed to be using an airblasting hack.
Every single rocket comes back at me, I get suspicious and go into spectate - oh, it's a bot.
It's the best player that I've seen at airblasting - and it's a bot.

Playing engineer is very strange with AFK bots on the other team, as even scouts can distract the sentry for a lot longer than they should.
I've seen players who let the AFK bot go around the corner first, knowing that it will tank the damage of the sentry whilst they destroy it.

I don't see any reason why the AFK bots should be harder to kill than the default TF2 bots - people don't complain about bots being too easy.
It becomes an issue when people see bots as having an advantage over them from the damage reduction.
I don't understand why the bots need any enhancements at all, really.
kek I've seen ya around suijin ny. you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't have an issue taking out the bots either. but damn they are a resilient bunch when not backstabbing or headshotting. Yeah bottiger I know they dont have melee or crit bonuses but for some reason, I've yet to meet a bot who's melee hits missed. and crits happen more often when meleeing. at the very least, these bots cannot be called lessers. on par with excellent players. yeah they walk on a set path but unless you're a heavy or soldier, one would have an easier time facing a human than a bot.