• No you skial-hating fagget!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ou126

Scarcely Lethal Noob
No. This is NOT going to be a sappy "i love skial" thread. I am here to say:
Skial needs some MAJOR improvements.
1. Hit registration, lag, etc.
I have played on skial for about 6 months now. hundreds. if not THOUSANDS of times i have seen flares go through opponents, seen headshots become a bodyshot, and seen market gardens do nothing almost 50% of the time. Please find a way to fix this.
2. The community
many of my friends play regularly on skial servers. I've met tons of friendly, funny, and entertaining people, but of course there must be the other hand to this. Skial's servers ALWAYS have rude players whose only purpose is to destroy my day by being a complete ass. As compared to valve servers, where teams work together, have fun, and enjoy their experience.
3. Autobalance.
I'm usually not one to complain about autobalance, but when I get pulled from my team while i'm still alive and playing, I REALLY don't appreciate this. I know there is a way to turn this off at 4000 australium points, but still. I think it's much more enjoyable to play on the team you're on, and once the teams become unbalnced, take players AFTER they die.
4. Ads
5. Votemenu system.
Once (not too long ago) i was playing on the harvest LA server with some friends. I see a laggy spy and type in the chat jokingly: " ----- the laggy spy". within 30 seconds, a vote is called to mute me. Then i promptly get muted for "racism". I understand i could have just reported him, but i felt particularly kind that day. Or... what about the tons of mic spammers that don't get muted because 4 or 5 people say no? Please skial. please. I understand i could have just reported him, but i felt particularly kind that day
6. AFK system
The AFK system sounds like a fantastic idea on paper. but once it comes up to a real server, it's not anything like I expected. Some players (most players) intend to be friendly or not cap. These fun moments can be interrupted by an AFK player. Obviously you could attempt to votekick them, but like i said before, that most likely won't work.
7. Where are the admins???
I have NEVER seen an admin play on one of the skial servers i play on. Never. i'm sure you're busy, and i understand that, but if you get a chance, please just drop by the servers and check everything out.

ou126

Scarcely Lethal Noob
4 minutes in someone already marked this post as dumb instead of giving a reason why. this is EXACTLY what im talking about.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
1. Hit registration is not only a server problem but also a problem of the connection that the 2 players have.
2. Every server has rude players whose only purpose is to destroy peoples days. Even skial servers. You simply havent played enough Matchmaking to see them. People are rude in the world, There is nothing you can do about it. We can't just ban or mute all rude people.
3. There is a thread HERE that address Autobalancing dead players.
4. Ads. The server has to make money to keep themselves running.
5. For Mic spammers if they are playing music than wheter or not it is Mic spam is determined by a vote of the players on the server. If it is them repeating something over and over or making random sounds that is something you should report. If they are simply talking a bunch its not mic spam its conversating.
6. How does an AFK player ruin the fuin of other people not playing the objective?
7. There are admins active ALL the time. They do not have an admin tag and look like normal players. For a list of skial admins please go HERE.

EDIT: btw i marked this and here's my reason.

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
I was going to answer some of these questions, but Alex pretty covered all of it.
As far as rude players go, I'm not sure what you expected. This is one of the most played games on Steam, and we are one of the largest servers.
What would you have us do? Ban any player who trolls others, or calls them names? I think that compared to most other large communities, we're doing pretty well so far in terms of player toxicity.
And for ads, would you like to donate the full cost of our servers upkeep? We would love nothing more than to remove them, but hosting good servers cost money, and since donations aren't as reliable we need to turn to ads to stay afloat.
Last, as for the votemenu, those bans only stay for 30 minutes and do not go on your permanent record. If someone abuses it, just report them, it's that easy.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I have NEVER seen an admin play on one of the skial servers i play on. Never. i'm sure you're busy, and i understand that, but if you get a chance, please just drop by the servers and check everything out.

We don't have many admins and there's a lot of servers to cover so we rely mainly on player reports to take care of rule breaking rather than patrolling the servers.

That may sound bad but its actually super easy to get help. We have a admin steam group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins so if you ever need a admin you can add one of us on Steam from that group and ask for us to come take care of a rule breaker or can ask us any questions you have. If we happen to be busy at the time we'll see if another admin can take a look

There's also a in game report function which sends a report to these forums https://www.skial.com/forums/reports.38/

If its something more urgent adding a admin directly on steam and asking them to come in is the quickest way to get a admin in the server while forum reports are generally slower, but the forum reports always get taken care of. If you do make forum reports providing evidence is always good (but if its something like racism in chat all we need is their steam ID and we can check their chatlogs)

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
No. This is NOT going to be a sappy "i love skial" thread. I am here to say:
Skial needs some MAJOR improvements.
1. Hit registration, lag, etc.
I have played on skial for about 6 months now. hundreds. if not THOUSANDS of times i have seen flares go through opponents, seen headshots become a bodyshot, and seen market gardens do nothing almost 50% of the time. Please find a way to fix this.
2. The community
many of my friends play regularly on skial servers. I've met tons of friendly, funny, and entertaining people, but of course there must be the other hand to this. Skial's servers ALWAYS have rude players whose only purpose is to destroy my day by being a complete ass. As compared to valve servers, where teams work together, have fun, and enjoy their experience.
3. Autobalance.
I'm usually not one to complain about autobalance, but when I get pulled from my team while i'm still alive and playing, I REALLY don't appreciate this. I know there is a way to turn this off at 4000 australium points, but still. I think it's much more enjoyable to play on the team you're on, and once the teams become unbalnced, take players AFTER they die.
4. Ads
5. Votemenu system.
Once (not too long ago) i was playing on the harvest LA server with some friends. I see a laggy spy and type in the chat jokingly: " ----- the laggy spy". within 30 seconds, a vote is called to mute me. Then i promptly get muted for "racism". I understand i could have just reported him, but i felt particularly kind that day. Or... what about the tons of mic spammers that don't get muted because 4 or 5 people say no? Please skial. please. I understand i could have just reported him, but i felt particularly kind that day
6. AFK system
The AFK system sounds like a fantastic idea on paper. but once it comes up to a real server, it's not anything like I expected. Some players (most players) intend to be friendly or not cap. These fun moments can be interrupted by an AFK player. Obviously you could attempt to votekick them, but like i said before, that most likely won't work.

If you can name another server with none of these issues, I will give you a crate.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
You don't have a single Skial admin on your friends list. So I'm pretty sure you have no knowledge of how frequently admins are online and actively playing on the servers.

Instead of making a thread to complain about invalid issues, why don't you add a couple admins so you have someone to reach out to if you can't be bothered to file a report on someone who is breaking server rules?

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Some (most players) intend to be friendly or not cap. These fun moments can be interrupted by an AFK player. Obviously you could attempt to votekick them, but like i said before, that most likely won't work.

Be careful of what you wish for. Admins can punish you for both of these things. Friendlying is agaisnt the rules as is calling votes against people for no reason.

Reactions: Reedgreat

ou126

Scarcely Lethal Noob
First of all i'd just like to say:
Thank you for actually replying to this thread instead of just deleting it. I appreciate that greatly.
Second:
I change my mind on many things, you have convinced me very well that My complaints number 2, 4, 6, and 7 are all unavoidable on any other server
Thirdly:
Be careful of what you wish for. Admins can punish you for both of these things. Friendlying is agaisnt the rules as is calling votes against people for no reason.
Friendlying is against rules? So then by now i could have banned about a 100 or so players?
If you can name another server with none of these issues, I will give you a crate.
Valve casuals
1. Hit registration is clean and when you get a headshot, you get a headshot. tf2's hitreg is already pretty bad, but still, i should expect that ATLEAST one of every 30 headshots should actually connect, unalike the lag i experience on skial's tf2 servers.
2. In most cases, players on a valve casual server are too busy to give a shit about a bad player, but when people complain (like me) on casuals, a few people will tell me to shut up. sure, it hurts but i'm okay with a few. When i''m on a skial server and i complain, it's like insults, hatred, disrespect and disgust are the only reactions i get.
3. Now you are ASKED before you get autobalanced. Regardless of my point, this still doesn't work. everyone hates autobalance.
4. NO ADS!!!!!!!!!! YAY!
5. The votemenu system is only needed when necessary. and votes pass more easily. Plus if someone wanted to kick me and be a dick i could just join a different server
6. no AFK system
7. no Admins. Community moderates itself.
You don't have a single Skial admin on your friends list. So I'm pretty sure you have no knowledge of how frequently admins are online and actively playing on the servers.

Instead of making a thread to complain about invalid issues, why don't you add a couple admins so you have someone to reach out to if you can't be bothered to file a report on someone who is breaking server rules?
"So I'm pretty sure you have no knowledge of how frequently admins are online and actively playing on the servers."
I have never seen a single admin on any of the 10 LA tf2 servers. I don't add any admins, that's mostly my fault, and i didn't report that player because I was feeling quite well that day. Plus, i don't want to ruin someone else's day.
We don't have many admins and there's a lot of servers to cover so we rely mainly on player reports to take care of rule breaking rather than patrolling the servers.

That may sound bad but its actually super easy to get help. We have a admin steam group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins so if you ever need a admin you can add one of us on Steam from that group and ask for us to come take care of a rule breaker or can ask us any questions you have. If we happen to be busy at the time we'll see if another admin can take a look

There's also a in game report function which sends a report to these forums https://www.skial.com/forums/reports.38/

If its something more urgent adding a admin directly on steam and asking them to come in is the quickest way to get a admin in the server while forum reports are generally slower, but the forum reports always get taken care of. If you do make forum reports providing evidence is always good (but if its something like racism in chat all we need is their steam ID and we can check their chatlogs)
THANK YOU!!! thank you very much for giving me information to help me, not to offend me.
If he can find a server with none of these issues ill give hime my hat
where's my hat?
I was going to answer some of these questions, but Alex pretty covered all of it.
As far as rude players go, I'm not sure what you expected. This is one of the most played games on Steam, and we are one of the largest servers.
What would you have us do? Ban any player who trolls others, or calls them names? I think that compared to most other large communities, we're doing pretty well so far in terms of player toxicity.
And for ads, would you like to donate the full cost of our servers upkeep? We would love nothing more than to remove them, but hosting good servers cost money, and since donations aren't as reliable we need to turn to ads to stay afloat.
Last, as for the votemenu, those bans only stay for 30 minutes and do not go on your permanent record. If someone abuses it, just report them, it's that easy.
I don't want you to ban them, I just want some respect from my teammates and opponents! It's especially discouraging to play on a server only to be called shit and thrown around like a doll for playing the game.

As for all of you rating my posts dumb and troll worthy and your own posts as friendly and agreeable... Don't you think you're being just a tad biased?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I have never seen a single admin on any of the 10 LA tf2 servers.

Big lie, I was on the LA 2Fort just today and almost exclusively play on LA servers whenever I play TF2. Now, just because you don't join at the same time me/any other admin does, doesn't mean we don't play on the servers, which brings me to my next point.

I don't add any admins, that's mostly my fault, and i didn't report that player because I was feeling quite well that day. Plus, i don't want to ruin someone else's day.

If you don't want to have admins on your friend's list, that's fine. However, you can't complain about a lack of admins, especially if 90% of us, if we're online, will join your server and deal with any issue. We're not all-seeing; we need the players to communicate their issues either through steam or via a forum report. That way you get a better community and a more pleasant playing experience.