Infernox

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I honestly don't know what to do... I've tried everything, reinstalling TF2, Verifying it, backing up the files, I even ended up having to ask Steam support. I eventually ran out of ideas (currently reinstalling Steam to see if that is the problem) anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to get this fixed, also, I really don't want to buy a new computer

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I honestly don't know what to do... I've tried everything, reinstalling TF2, Verifying it, backing up the files, I even ended up having to ask Steam support. I eventually ran out of ideas (currently reinstalling Steam to see if that is the problem) anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to get this fixed, also, I really don't want to buy a new computer
Could you define your issue, what do you mean by "TF2 stops video, sound would resume"?

Infernox

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Could you define your issue, what do you mean by "TF2 stops video, sound would resume"?

Usually when the valve logo would start up, music and the video goes, video would stop, but you could still hear the sound from the valve logo, it would keep going until I close TF2. The only times I get it to work properly is when I keep entering and exiting TF2

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Usually when the valve logo would start up, music and the video goes, video would stop, but you could still hear the sound from the valve logo, it would keep going until I close TF2. The only times I get it to work properly is when I keep entering and exiting TF2
Do you minimize TF2 while it loads (questioning also if you're a windows user)

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't quite understand the problem. Are you having trouble viewing the video or trying to get TF2 to play? Because if the video doesn't work I would just say deal with it. Hit the escape key and get to the main menu.

Does it crash?

Infernox

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Do you minimize TF2 while it loads (questioning also if you're a windows user)
Yes I am a windows user, I don't minimize it, I just wait for it

I don't quite understand the problem. Are you having trouble viewing the video or trying to get TF2 to play? Because if the video doesn't work I would just say deal with it. Hit the escape key and get to the main menu.

Does it crash?
It would usually crash, but it wouldn't crash like an automatic close and report problem, it would crash the video and it would let the sound keep going, IDK if it would be something like my graphics card out of date or I need a new monitor. and it would usually work, and then half of the time it wouldn't

Last edited: