Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So apparently the source code for TF2 and CSGO got leaked (potentially by a valve employee) online. What does this mean to you... well, prepare your ass for an huge influx of new hacks and exploits that will no doubt annoy the fuck out of you.
People have been talking about TF2 pro coming from all of this, how that works, I dunno. All I can say is it sounds like the shit is about to hit the fan.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So apparently the source code for TF2 and CSGO got leaked (potentially by a valve employee) online. What does this mean to you... well, prepare your ass for an huge influx of new hacks and exploits that will no doubt annoy the fuck out of you.
People have been talking about TF2 pro coming from all of this, how that works, I dunno. All I can say is it sounds like the shit is about to hit the fan.

Our only option to fight this is to stop playing TF2 and CS:GO forever. It will stop all the cheaters from cheating and griefers from griefing.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Really just need to wait and assess the situation, wait for Bottiger to weigh in, and most importantly for more information.

The following is just what I've heard from users in the Discord but apparently VNN had the games' source code and an ex-employee he fired leaked it??? VNN is claiming no fault of his own in this. But why did VNN have the source code to begin with?

Wasn't the game's source leaked once before a few years ago?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Allegedly there is an issue whereby people can use the servers to put a virus on your PC. How real this threat is I don't know, no doubt you will hear more about this all shortly.

lulunba1

Mildly Menacing Medic
Allegedly there is an issue whereby people can use the servers to put a virus on your PC. How real this threat is I don't know, no doubt you will hear more about this all shortly.
The sourcemod discord posted some proof that the RCE is fake. I would still be careful and wait for a valve statement.