• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Noubexxx

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Dear community,

In the past, there was a TF2 Skial's server where the server was configured to have the following: 100% critcs, low gravity and available grapple hook(on orange map).

This server was always full and it was sometimes difficult to find a place of free during peak hours.

It was, to my knowledge, the only server that had the combination of "Grapple Hook+ low gravity + 100% crits + orange maps", which gave a gameplay totally original and different from other servers.

Unfortunately, the server mod has been replaced by a Randomizer x10. And since this change, this server is almost always empty or very little filled.

Also my request: is it possible to put the old mod back on this server (or on another server)?

I think Skial and the community have everything to gain.

Here is the server details (Who now has changed for x10 Randomizer) :
banner_560x95.png
162.248.93.213:27015

Last edited:

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
If a server was taken down, it means no one was playing on those servers regularly enough, or the upkeep cost is too much to warrant the server existence

Noubexxx

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@Jermaphobe

This is not true.

As I said in my previous post, the server was always full. And I was there the day the server changed.

Maybe at the time the change was made on the wrong server ?

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
You're the only person out of an apparently full server to come on the forums and make a complaint, no one raised a flag declaring it was an issue until this thread. Which consists of only you wanting it back.

One person's complaint isn't going to be enough for a decision that may effect the hundreds of other players on Skial and cost more money in the long run so 4 players could have a home server.:ragesad:

Why your favorite server isn't coming back

Also, make a suggestion in the appropriate thread

Last edited:
Reactions: ck24

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you can get enough support and/or proof that that cfg is popular, you can make a suggestion and it can be reviewed.
Unfortunately one person reminiscing doesn't make a strong enough case.

Noubexxx

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@Jermaphobe
Obviously you do not really read what I write and say meaningless things and no, not all players who play online do not necessarily participate in the forum. But obviously you and the logic you have trouble.

@Maddo
The justification is totally logical. I'll try to regroup the statistics and post it on the suggestion forum. Thank you for your helpful help.

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
@Jermaphobe
Obviously you do not really read what I write and say meaningless things and no, not all players who play online do not necessarily participate in the forum. But obviously you and the logic you have trouble.

@Maddo
The justification is totally logical. I'll try to regroup the statistics and post it on the suggestion forum. Thank you for your helpful help.
If people beg for it again it’s not going to stay alive for very long. That’s what his trying to say.

Bottiger

Administrator
The orange low grav crits server was definitely dying by the time I changed them to x10 randomizer.

We would never change a server that was full every day. Why would I do that?

It did better on x10 randomizer, but it has been a year and it seems like the fad is dying out. I don't know if changing it back will help.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ummm, @Bottiger ?

This player has not played on the servers for years and no signs of alt accounts and we going to change it?

tfcustom [U:1:137406542] Noubexxx 07/08/2017 - 09:14:32 AM - 2 years ago
tfcustom [U:1:137406542] Noubexxx AFK 06/17/2017 - 04:29:33 PM - 2 years ago
tf [U:1:137406542] Noubexxx 05/14/2017 - 12:10:11 PM - 2 years ago
tf [U:1:137406542] Noubexxx AFK 04/23/2017 - 10:19:00 AM - 2 years ago
tfcustom [U:1:137406542] Fnatic > Envy. Q+ Silver. 2-0 08/25/2015 - 02:39:24 AM - 3 years ago

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This player has not played on the servers for years and no signs of alt accounts and we going to change it?

May as well, it's a rather dead server at the moment - and it was very active in the past.

It's probably around that time that the server was changed honestly.