Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've been wanting to finish MvM lately but everytime I load into TF2 and try to enter MvM, my game crashes. I am not 100% sure what the issue is but it really is a nuissance. If someone could help me, that would be great.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I've been wanting to finish MvM lately but everytime I load into TF2 and try to enter MvM, my game crashes. I am not 100% sure what the issue is but it really is a nuissance. If someone could help me, that would be great.
Do you use a custom HUD?

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yes, I run budHUD although I'm fairly certain that's not the issue as @ly_dee runs the same HUD and just recently got an aussie (thus confirming she's playing)
lucky girl.
Mvm uses different hud elements from standard games. So if your hud doesn't support those and you load into mvm it will crash. You might try removing your hud just to confirm that isn't the issue.

Edit : I wasn't thinking. For some reason I saw Aussie and thought hat. Even still, you can buy and trade for Australian weps. Didn't have to come from mvm.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mvm uses different hud elements from standard games. So if your hud doesn't support those and you load into mvm it will crash. You might try removing your hud just to confirm that isn't the issue.

Edit : I wasn't thinking. For some reason I saw Aussie and thought hat. Even still, you can buy and trade for Australian weps. Didn't have to come from mvm.
I'm aware of that, I just enjoy playing MvM.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
There has been a recent hud update lately. Which version are you using? If it's the old one, update it and see if it works. If you have the latest version, try the older version (the one i'm using).

Reactions: TapTap

SHADoW93

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Are you also using custom player models? It too can cause crashes on Valve servers.