KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Not trying to sound mean but you don't know what the problem is. Neither do I. I never heard of this problem which is why I am suggesting you to use default settings to see if that fixes the problem. With all the updates valve release it is very possible they broke a setting in a custom config.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Not trying to sound mean but you don't know what the problem is. Neither do I. I never heard of this problem which is why I am suggesting you to use default settings to see if that fixes the problem. With all the updates valve release it is very possible they broke a setting in a custom config.
I will try it when I get home, however since it is random and doesn't happen everytime I play on a server it will be hard to see if it works.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
Are you connecting over WiFi? Perhaps there is another network or device operating on the 2.4GHz band that is causing interference.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
been awhile, the problem has gotten really bad. People like Seth and my friends now about how often I have to retry to get back into the server from timing out.
bump.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
Can you boot a Linux live CD and ping flood your router to check for lost packets? The command you need to type at the shell is 'ping -f 192.168.1.1' assuming your router's IP address is 192.168.1.1. Press control+C to stop the ping flood and show the results.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Can you boot a Linux live CD and ping flood your router to check for lost packets? The command you need to type at the shell is 'ping -f 192.168.1.1' assuming your router's IP address is 192.168.1.1.
is there any other way to run that command without linux? I really don't feel like going through all the trouble, not to mention linux messed up my original OS last time I used it.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
I assume you are running Windows. Unfortunately I don't know of any programs for Windows that do a ping flood and report results of packet loss.

However, if you are by chance running Mac OS X, the command is the same as the Linux command.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I assume you are running Windows. Unfortunately I don't know of any programs for Windows that do a ping flood and report results of packet loss.
Code:
ping 192.168.1.1 -t -l 65500
This command will flood 192.168.1.1 destination with packets of 65500 bytes size which is a pretty serious load.