staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So recently I've been noticing that I will sometimes get timed out from a TF2 server. The server never crashed, as I was able to rejoin a second after it happened. I never disconnected from the Internet, as I was still able to use programs such as Skype, Mumble, and TeamSpeak during the time when it does this.

I have no idea what causes this, I've had this problem in the past, but it went away, and now it's back.

Some fixes that people have already suggested are to forward the ports:
- 27030-27039 TCP
- 1200 UDP
- 27000-27015 UDP

Also was suggested to restart my router sometimes, still to no avail.

So please, can anyone help me?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Hmm. There are a few things we can try. Lets try with an easy one.

Disable steam cloud sync.
in TF2
1. Go to options
2. Go to multiplayer
3. Go to advanced
4. uncheck your "Synchronize with Steam Cloud"

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

in TF2
1. Go to options
2. Go to multiplayer
3. Go to advanced

thanks I'll try that.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

in TF2
1. Go to options
2. Go to multiplayer
3. Go to advanced

thanks, that actually seemed to work.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Ok, now the situation has evolved into something new.
Now instead of getting the Timeout message, I just freeze, while able to see others still walking around for about 30 seconds, then they freeze as well. The only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect, I have no idea why it happens, and any help will be gladly appreciated.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Bump, doesn't happen as often as the original issue, just even more annoying because it happens a lot during scrims and such.

SharkWithALaserBeam

Truly Feared Pyro
i actually am experiencing the exact same thing you are (time out and freezing). Im going to attempt a game defrag see if temp fixes at least.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We've already discussed this issue HERE. Please use WinMTR and when this timeout occurs - provide either a screenshot of output or exported output itself.
Below is an example of screenshot I took and provided to Bottiger when I had the same timeout (the screenshot clearly shows 17% of packet loss at hosts' first hop). Bottiger is aware of this issue and is working with the host on resolving it.

36plMNQ.jpg

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
OP never said he had experienced "freezings". He experienced disconnects and dropouts.

Ok, now the situation has evolved into something new.
Now instead of getting the Timeout message, I just freeze, while able to see others still walking around for about 30 seconds, then they freeze as well. The only way to fix it is to disconnect and reconnect, I have no idea why it happens, and any help will be gladly appreciated.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I would put everything to default. If it fixes the problem then enable your custom settings one by one.

Binds shouldn't be the problem.