CyberKitsune

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Hey all,

I've noticed that alltalk is now off by default on Skial Vanilla servers, and must be voted back on after each map change.

I know for myself, as well as many others, much prefer the casual vibe of having alltalk on, being able to converse with the other team over gameplay, various topics, cheeky jokes, and so much more. Aside from the interesting sprays you see on Skial, honestly, alltalk is what made Skial feel like Skial, and without it, Skial vanilla feels empty and different.

While alltalk can still be voted back on, it must be done after each map change currently, and I've not personally seen an "alltalk on" vote fail at all, while I've seen countless "alltalk off" votes fail, it makes sense to me that waiting up to 15 minutes to start a vote that almost will always pass seems a bit redundant. Therefore I'm suggesting the following:

• Please consider turning alltalk on by default or,
  • As a compromise, if alltalk is voted back on, keep it on between mapchanges until it's voted back off.

I encourage my fellow community members to voice their support for this suggestion by replying and showing why alltalk is important to you, as well as pressing the upvote button in the corner of this thread :)

-CyberKitsune

Cliomania

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I may be real into competitive, but
Disabling alltalk on Skial? Tut-tut...
A place for competitive tryharding Skial is not
so plz let us drunkenly banter with our friends again, Bot.
If we want to play in such a psuedopub dystopia
we can just go log some hours on Uncletopia.
This kind of thing just isn't Skial's niche.
Half of why we play here is for the inebriated shittalk, capeesh?

Maps played since change: 5
Successful votes to re-enable alltalk: 4

Last edited:

Post War MRE

Unremarkable User
Hello, my names Mre. I would like to say that all talk is very much a good thing and it should be turned back on, please and thank you lords of the skial servers

CyberKitsune

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
As a compromise I have made it so the settings persist on map change.

However there are people complaining about our servers not being "vanilla" because it has alltalk on.

This person claims he'd rather play on a server with lag spikes than one with alltalk on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/q79erp/_/hgimtey
Thanks a ton, Bottiger!

Also as a constructive suggestion, I think it'd be a good idea to occasionally inform players that !votemenu exists in chat, either on log in or occasionally throughout the round. Most new players seem somewhat unaware of it. :)

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Thanks a ton, Bottiger!

I think it'd be a good idea to occasionally inform players that !votemenu exists in chat, either on log in or occasionally throughout the round. Most new players seem somewhat unaware of it. :)

I'm pretty sure that exists. Even if they do implement it, the same people who are unaware of it are the same people who won't read that anyway. You'd be amazed by the number of TF2 players that can't read the in-server prompts, rules, notifications, etc.