Reporter

Administrator
TF2 player coming to TC2 for the first time here in 2023, and while I like this game, there's some things that's been itching at me

Believe me when I say TC2 fills holes TF2 couldn't, such as shotgun spray patterns being fixed, all weapons and items being immediately available, and all of said weapons and items being largely the same price. You can get literally just about everything you need after a certain amount of matches.

But unfortunately, this game does not do some things well. And before you go "Oh, I mean of course it won't, it's a lego game copy," remember the fact I said I liked this game and it fills some holes, nor is SOME of the reasons you may be thinking right now as you read this such as:

"It's not the same feeling"

"Not the same engine"

"The game is more flat and pre-designed"

"Poor optimization"

"Something as trivial as poor voice-acting," which to be honest with you, we know ROLVe is fully capable of hiring good VAs. They have Bethany amidst all the weird guys like Mechanic, it's honestly weird that he's still sticking with the more flat and surreal choices

I KNOW for a fact you've all talked about that before, and I know what I may go through may not be too different either, but I still gotta talk about it.

There's some things that are just never going to be fixed, most of which isn't even feasible. The part that's not in the word 'most' is going to get a bit of a paragraph in itself. They're as follows:

​

* Custom Servers & Maps
* Population
* Bizarre Fucking Design Choices

​

**Custom Servers** **& Maps** is an easy thing. So far for Typical Colors, you only have regular pubs, the decent copy-cat of Freak Fortress, etc. But in TF2 you got mothafuckin' BRANDS out here like Skial and Uncletopia, and substantially different servers like Slender Fortress, TF2 Party (Mario Party basically), *X10 Randomizer*\--YOU NAME IT. I understand why TC2 will never get this far with limitations stemming from ROBLOX itself, but it's ultimately the difference between having more ways to have fun and optimize your experience and having way, way less fun and management. You literally have 6 modes against a dozen different fuckin' experiences.

Things get a bit different here for **Population**. I mean yes, this is pretty much why you're dealing with a more smaller population 'potential' here, but I have another thing to discuss: the population itself.

I'm not going to sugar coat it.

A good chunk of matches are fucking exhausting due to the players within the population. Usually when I join a new server, it goes from a 9v9 Casual Highlander to a 6v6 comp server or a fuckin' dead idle server after 1-2 matches. If I'm lucky, it'll be 3-4, and if I'm SUPER lucky, it'll be a understandable 5-6 for ROBLOX's standards. People come and go in a public game server all the time, but when people are leaving so much to the point you sometimes have a FOUR versus FOUR as well, you have to realize there's an inherent issue with a chunk of players.

Experiencing different servers in TF2 should grant you a wide-view experience of the simple SPECTRUM of skill. Bad players, average players, and good players. This is not always going to be the perfect case for TF2, but as far as chances go, you'll find what you're looking for. Even a trash bag like VenusianRapper will run-and-upload perfect examples of those servers and show his raw enjoyment from it because it's not hard too hard to find. But in TC2, the population is so damn small, you're frequently running into awful teammates and God-send enemies so damn much it's like you're getting Activision's SBMM treatment. If not, you're on the God-send team and the enemy team can't compete. Worst case scenario, which does happen more often than not too, is everyone's too good for each other and it's a real UGC match.

As said before, this results in everyone being exhausted and leaving in DROVES. I have alted to make sure I'm not tripping and to bypass ANY potential form of server matchmaking, and it's the same shtick everywhere. I join a new server, get past the first match, 6-7 players leave. Play that match, they either stay or 2-3 more leave. Join a different server, a few people leave, play next match, half the server goes bye-bye and it's a 6v6 battle for Death Merchant again. When something like this happens in normal TF2, for a good chunk of servers and in regular matchmaking itself, it still takes AWHILE to really kill a server like this. People won't give up on joining. But in TC2, MAN does that shit stay dead. I don't know how this is going to EVER be fixed, but I appreciate the fact ROLVe has subtly acknowledged it by telling you to take a break after Level 100 and making fun of the player with a guy taking a shower as the icon for the Level 421 badge, as well as moving ahead with the slightly controversial decision to prevent mid-late-game-joins that may throw off team balancing as well as removing the option to ALWAYS choose which team you'll be on right when the next match starts (because according to my friend who played this a long time ago, some of you assholes would always join the known tryhards right from the beginning and stick with that team till you hopped off. Real generous, guys).

Lastly, **Bizarre Fucking Design Choices**. Holy JESUS, look how they massacred my boy

# PYRO.

Or in this game, Arsonist. According to my TC2 friend, Arsonist did function decently well and even had something unique called the Lantern Lighter, which had literal dollar store lighter damage for obnoxiously long afterburn times. That sounded like FUN depending on who you are! But then it got removed, and then when I tried to walk up to people and WM1, I gasped when I saw the damage output I was doing. Holy SHIT. Either the flames are too weak or the detection is strictly and deliberately a huge miss. I know I'm not crazy, because I BARELY see anyone running Arsonist, and those who do don't even end up being as helpful to the team as they normally would in real TF2! So I thought hm, maybe Dragon's Fury is good! Nope. Even a temporarily retired player who joined back into TC2 around the same time I did went to the Discord server for TC2 and asked if he was tripping with how weak Arsonist was, and several people casually corroborated that he wasn't (Dave, you're clearly someone's alt account on second thought but you're a hero for making me not look like a schizo and asking about it), Arsonist was indeed fucked up amidst his Air Blast.

ROLVe, in possibly a desperate attempt to try and be a little bit different than TF2, fucking destroyed the "Jack of All Trades, Master at None" role by just nuking the effectiveness of Pyro. He HAS to be on life support with a Medic and NEEDS another Pyro, otherwise he's literally... fucking mundane if not a 175 health Scout.

But it does not stop at the fact you will be seeing 8 of 9 classes almost a third of the time. Imagine my fucking surprise when I read on this subreddit that the Market Gardener was nerfed... ***BECAUSE THE DEV DID NOT LIKE BEING KILLED BY IT?!***

Yes, we're slowly looping back to the part where you've probably had this conversation before, *but could you imagine the raw DISDAIN the TF2 community would have at the amount of shit that gets needlessly nerfed in this game?* One class's main focus since 2007--suddenly nerfed to the ground. Then the fucking class limits come in hot. With no choice at all for class limitless gameplay to boot like in TC2, because suddenly all of the server choices are non-existent. Casual Matchmaking and five other modes are all that's left, a HUGE drop off from what you originally had. Now you have an even smaller population. Bot padding aside, you start experiencing God-awful teammates, God-send enemies, or sweat-pits. It comes down to perspective now. You may think this shit is tolerable but stupid currently, but apply it to the great grand daddy it takes its honor from and you have a HORROR SHOW, and it seems as if many people don't realize just the truth in the matter.

It ultimately boils down to the unfortunate state of ROBLOX gaming as well where people will accept even the most middest experiences known to man on the front page as long as there's SOME effort. But ROLVe here is quite literally a giant contributor to it, and TC2, while thankfully not a total microtransaction hell-hole, still has a fucking grind set in stone for better cosmetics and spending your damn money away again. HELLO? ON A PREDOMINATELY CHILD-FILLED PLATFORM? I digress on that, for the main meat was what I bulleted, and holy shit something needs to be really done about it. But seeing how ROLVe is more focused on Arsenal's cash cow pot and their two-shots-to-kill-at-close-range-assault-rifles, I can assume that Typical Colors 2... is definitely going to be doomed post-VALVe-dev-repo-leak.

Tldr: I like you guys, I like this game, but you guys are beyond fucked, and I'm so sorry to see that. I wish I could stay longer.

Author: FlatliningInTheName

http://www.reddit.com/r/TypicalColo...player_coming_to_tc2_for_the_first_time_here/