• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Rosh

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Is there a way to play TF2 completely offline? Since it boots out of Steam, it always tells me I can't log in when I try it. I'm about to have to shut off my internet due to finances and if I've got no gaming at all, I'm going to freak out.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Is there a way to play TF2 completely offline? Since it boots out of Steam, it always tells me I can't log in when I try it. I'm about to have to shut off my internet due to finances and if I've got no gaming at all, I'm going to freak out.
I think you can play the offline tutorial

Rosh

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
The problem is when I have no internet access, that I can't even get Steam to load for me to launch TF2. Steam can't connect, so I can't boot Steam games.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Instructions on steam offline mode:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555

Let me copy paste the info you need...

1. Start Steam online - make sure the Remember my password box on the login window is checked
  2. Verify that all game files are completely updated - you can see the update status for a game under the Library section (when the game shows as 100% - Ready it is ready to be played in Offline Mode)
  3. Launch the game you would like to play offline to verify that there are no further updates to download - shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played
  4. Go to Steam > Settings to ensure the Don't save account credentials on this computer option is not selected
  5. From the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select Go Offline
  6. Click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I went and did it myself and you can start tf2 and play offline practice while using steam offline mode.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Playing TF2 offline is like masturbating to pictures you remember seeing on the Intarwebnetz without actually looking at them.

Photek

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Playing TF2 offline is like masturbating to pictures you remember seeing on the Intarwebnetz without actually looking at them.
UseYourImagination.jpg
:trollexcited: