mcg

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Just some quick suggestions for Bottiger's Idle Trade.
  • Something to prevent your class playtime stats from being affected while AFK. Add something like AFK Manager (but it doesn't kick you or turn you into a bot), and make it so that when you're marked as AFK, you change classes.
  • !friendly command (because idle and trade servers are the only servers where it's not forbidden to be friendly)
  • !farmer command or something like that, that makes you inmortal BUT you can only kill people that are in the "idle bridge" (idk how it's called).
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
The reason people go AFK on an idle server is usually to increase their playtime for a certain class, so I don't think that would be good to have.
Most people on the idle server are ok with friendlies, so I don't think a !friendly command is needed.
!farmer makes sense to me. As long as you can only activate !farmer when on the invisible bridge then I don't think it should be much of a problem.

+1 to !farmer

mcg

Scarcely Lethal Noob
or maybe instead of the AFK class changer automatically kicking in, you use something like a !classchange command or something like that, so that I don't mess with my stats on accident.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
!friendly command (because idle and trade servers are the only servers where it's not forbidden to be friendly)
https://www.skial.com/threads/add-friendly-plugin-to-bottigers-24-7-idle-server.58165/

We did, the idle degenerates found an infinite uber exploit, abused it, and it got removed

!farmer command or something like that, that makes you inmortal BUT you can only kill people that are in the "idle bridge" (idk how it's called).
No idea if that exists, and if it does, they'd find exploits and abuse them too, plus if how its setup is how I think it is, I don't want to edit the map for that

Arusu1

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
To be fair, this is an idle server. It’s not really supposed to be taken seriously or anything. Then again, this is a first person shooter game so...yeah. If you want to be friendly without anyone killing you then go find your way to the skybox or something.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Something to prevent your class playtime stats from being affected while AFK. Add something like AFK Manager (but it doesn't kick you or turn

Fairly certain that this is not possible.

!friendly command (because idle and trade servers are the only servers where it's not forbidden to be friendly)

There already WAS a friendly command in idle years ago. It was heavily broken and abused by everybody and was removed. Caused more harm than good.

!farmer command or something like that, that makes you inmortal BUT you can only kill people that are in the "idle bridge" (idk how it's called).
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

This is a combination of the friendly command problem + would need a COMPLETE map overhaul to even accomplish this which would make the map incredibly boring.

-1 to this entire thread.