Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Recently (just today), I've been struggling to open developer console.

I'm not quite sure what the possible issue could be but I've tried what I could think of. Be it unbind and rebind, moving bind and restarting TF2 (felt it was a one time thing).

If anyone could be of assistance, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I know this sounds silly but is it enabled in your advanced settings?

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is, I have a large need for it as I use status very often to obtain Steam IDs.

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
how exactly are you trying to open the console? have you tried restarting your computer and cleaning out the keys of your keyboard (if possible)?

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
For the time being, since it's important for you, you can add "-console" to TF2's launch parameters. It will auto launch console upon starting tf2; so you can keep it in background for when you need it.
You can change the launch options by right-clicking the game from your steam library, then 'properties'.

setlaunchopts.png

launchopts-console.png

//sorry for the old screenshots, on tablet atm.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thank you taptap for giving me this possible solution. After researching a bit, I obtained a method on how to fix it and it has been resolved.

Should any future individuals have the same issue, follow taptap's instructions, then when tf2 is launched type bind "preferred key" "toggleconsole". It won't work if prior key is set as preferred key.

Reactions: TapTap