Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As most of you may know, Valve has been working on a TF2 matchmaking feature like CS:GO's: utilizing 'queing' and ranks. With Tough Break almost on close, and the eager TF2 community long awaiting for a new major addition (like MvM), we have certain hopes the TF2 Competitive is around the corner. The biggest incentive we've seen is that certain users who had joined the Offical TF2 Competitive group has access to a 2-Hour beta test of TF2 competitive.

Personally, I cannot wait for this to come out. Something that's finally 10x better than new crates, weapon reskins and hats. Also, I see this as a good way of opposing the idea of "Overwatch," over-taking, and swaying players back to good ole' TF2.

Here is the video going over information (VNN):
Quick little note: You can also see @StaticVoid voice chatting in the video at 1:36-ish. You lucky devil.

Here's the group page:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tfcompetitive

Ranks (lowest to highest):

Troublemaker
Small-time Thug

Local Enforcer
Problem Solver
Hired Gun

Mercenary
Field Mercenary
Contract Killer

Master Persuader
Head Hunter
Liquidator

Executioner
Kill Consultant
Raging Sociopath

Expert Assassin
Elite Exterminator
Death Merchant

Muselk's Guide Video
Red Robot's Comp Gameplay

Has anyone tested the 2 hour beta yet and/or anyone else super excited?

Reactions: staticvoid

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The new update killed FPS.

I had 120 idle before this, now it's 25.

FUCK

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I just played my first match ...

Holy cow. That was so fun! Seriously guys, if the stress test is this fun, I can't wait for the real deal.
I even solo-que'd!
34AA594EFCB4B7E9E92E4D48BCB83A97D9CF1E6E

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
When I played Stress Tests 3 and 4 the game coordinator always died. Couldn't search for more matchmaking sessions, anyone encountered that aswell? Of course it's still a beta so I don't rly mind that.
Plus after Stress Test 4 my granted beta access is gone and I'm all sad since. :cry:

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I just played a few matches for the first time. Felt surprisingly close to a UGC match. HL format is probably gonna have longer queue times than 6s matches and I don't like forced 70 fov so I probably won't be touching it again unless someone invites me into a party for one.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm just happy we can pick up mediguns. Not sure if it'll be allowed in the future.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't know what they did in the last few updates, but it's really ruined my FPS from 120 to 45. In comp stress tests on lowest settings I manage 40 until I get in the heat of battle. In the heat of battle it drops to 30.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
I just played a few matches for the first time. Felt surprisingly close to a UGC match. HL format is probably gonna have longer queue times than 6s matches and I don't like forced 70 fov so I probably won't be touching it again unless someone invites me into a party for one.
Turn viewmodels off then. Your fov is capped at 90, your viewmodel_fov is locked between 54 and 75 I think.