• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

DipsandChip

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=[U:1:98795771]&advType=steamid&Submit

Why should you be unbanned?
So, this steam account (dipsandchip) was banned because it was created on the same IP address of a previously banned account. The previously banned account has since been unbanned, but that account does not belong to me.

I am not a cheater, I have 1,300 hours of clean play on a completely clean account with good reputation. TF2 is the game that connects me with my childhood, I have so many great memories of this game. It makes me happy to see a community like this dedicated to keeping that energy alive, but it hurts knowing I cannot be a part of it. I sent an appeal request a couple years ago but they said that they couldn't do anything about it. However, the account linked has been unbanned so I'm confused how my account is still banned. Skial servers are the only ones that are populated these days and I'm really hoping someone can take another look into this because I am desperate. Is there any way this account can be unbanned.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
but that account does not belong to me.
That account IS you. Same Steam ID.

However, the account linked has been unbanned
Again, your account, and it was not unbanned, just the old IP was. When you connected from a new IP we unban and reban to update our records. That way someone who gets your old IP isn't screwed over by it.

I am not a cheater
So you falsely admitted to it here? https://www.skial.com/threads/requesting-help-being-unbanned.85639/#post-786909

Look, I get it, everyone does dumb things as a kid. However, if we sit here and try to figure out who has honestly reformed and who is bullshitting just cause they got caught, we would have the largest headache in the history of mankind. Not to mention probably accidentally letting some of the bullshitters back in just to have them cheat again. We have to have our zero tolerance policy to protect the servers. Sometimes that means keeping reformed players out, but that's the only way we can guarantee a relatively cheater-free community.

I truly wish you the best of luck in other servers, and hope valve starts paying more attention to TF2 again.

DipsandChip

Unremarkable User
I am in no way going back on my previous appeal, But that is no longer my account. I don't use it and I haven't gone on that account since I was a child. And I am not a cheater. I'm sure that if lot of people were held accountable for the stupid things they did as a kid then you would have a much larger ban list. Frankly, this is the end of the line for me. There aren't any other servers besides Skial servers. Casual valve servers are filled with cheaters and lack community. I'm willing to do anything it takes to be unbanned. This means so much to me I know you understand the circumstance. Please, is there anything I can do.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
What are the exceptions?
There aren't any; the phrasing "sometimes that means keeping reformed players out" means sometimes our zero tolerance policy keeps reformed players out, the rest of the time it keeps the cheaters out. It doesn't mean we make exceptions, because we don't.