• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

cyphr_6

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=50734074&advType=steam

Why should you be unbanned?
Just tried getting on a Skial server after many years of not playing TF2 and it appears my Steam ID was originally banned back in 2014 for reason given "New STEAMID from banned IP 74.133.56.139".

Hard to remember that far back, but I want to say that this was around the time that I attended a friend's LAN party which would make sense as we all would have had the same public IP address at the time so this would have resulted from someone at the event using cheats on a Skial server and getting banned (one particular person in that group was known to do things like that), then my Steam ID was banned after attempting to connect to the server from the same IP.

Again it's hard to remember specifics from 7 years ago, but I have never cheated in any MP game. I know this is old but is there anything that can be done?

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
If it was someone at the LAN party, everyone would have been hit with the ban, yet it was just you and the throwaway account that actually got banned. Plus there was a 2 day gap in the catches, which also makes me think just one person on a residential IP with 2 accounts. After 7 years there's no way to verify anything, so to answer your question, no, nothing can be done. We wish you the best of luck on other servers.

cyphr_6

Unremarkable User
My apologies, but this is not a fair assessment. I believe we were all hanging out playing different games, not playing together. Then again, this was almost 7 years ago. Did I mention the fact that this was SEVEN years ago?

For perspective: I'm not running for political office here, I'm just trying to play a video game. I hope that is clear.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Did I mention the fact that this was SEVEN years ago?
Yes, that's why I said
After 7 years there's no way to verify anything
If you hadn't waited 7 years we might be able to go back and check our logs, see if there is evidence you're telling the truth, but after all this time any such evidence is long gone. Now all we know is your account and a cheating account were caught on the same IP and within a short time frame of each other, which gives a high probability of being under the control of the same person.

Skial has a zero tolerance policy about cheating.
We cannot know if it was you or not. We must err on the side of caution to protect our community.