• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

★Major Pootis Steeljaw☆

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=[U:1:36862442]&advType=steamid

Why should you be unbanned?
I feel as though 3 months of time is enough. I've taken some time away from Skial And, yeah. Out of all the servers i've been to. Nothing actually compares to the stuff I enjoy doing in this community. Sure, I've done some stupid shit, and I've done things I know I shouldn't have.
But, I feel as though enough time has passed for me to better understand my actions and recollect myself, I believe i've matured enough for a late bloomer to see that It's important to tackle my responsibilities of what i've done to get banned, and to take steps to better myself for it.
What did I do to get banned?
I was recording others without consent, and distributed it to others.
What I did was blatantly wrong, and Instead of deleting it when I was told to the first time, instead, I kept it and made a big clown outta myself. And it's what led to me getting the big banhammer from Skial.
What I want to do, is to take steps in the right direction to show that I can do better as an individual, and to differentiate myself from the " Obnoxious pyro who annoys the shit out of everyone involved " that you all may know.
Skial to me, feels like home, sure, it's a silly way to look at it, considering what i've done in the past, but it used to be the main reason I even hopped on TF2 everyday from work. It was dumb fun for me to shave off some stress and to have a good time with my friends. But with my time off, I honestly miss my friends, and I want to be able to come back to talk with them again, I feel like an outsider looking in on a party, and I want to change that. Hopefully, for the better, so if there's any steps I can start taking to help improve my chances, by all means lemme know.

★Major Pootis Steeljaw☆

Just to clarify on that last paragraph there, I mean't to state that the main reason I play on skial was for my friends and to have a good time, not to be annoying and a pest.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
You have an extensive punishment history, with varying reasons behind each. Many of them are for basically the same thing, being griefing/friendlying. You even tried to dodge punishments on an alternative account, which that account also accumulated a few mutes/bans. Looking at this I think its safe to assume that time is not relevant to you improving your actions, so the simple "time has passed" will not suffice. Why should I believe that after a short time period (3 months) you've changed for the better?

★Major Pootis Steeljaw☆

You have an extensive punishment history, with varying reasons behind each. Many of them are for basically the same thing, being griefing/friendlying. You even tried to dodge punishments on an alternative account, which that account also accumulated a few mutes/bans. Looking at this I think its safe to assume that time is not relevant to you improving your actions, so the simple "time has passed" will not suffice. Why should I believe that after a short time period (3 months) you've changed for the better?
Well. I got my life together, I moved out, got a job, found someone I care about. I feel as though I better understand responsibilities and what's on the guidelines for maintaining a good mindset. I understand however, if you feel that not much has changed with me, which to be fair. I was debating on whether or not if I should have waited another three months before I started my ban appeal. I'm perfectly okay with taking a Mute/Gag for the remainder of the year as well if it means to help with my case of coming back to Skial. I genuinely just want to come back to FF2, as despite all the servers and communities I've been in, the way you guys pull things off here has gotta be one of my favorite things about Skial. And despite my history with bans, kicks, ETC. I'd like to try my best to change that, and to be a better player, in my time off I ditched SLAM, the music/sound player I normally use to play the sounds and what-not, because I just don't think people enjoy that kind of stuff anymore, back when there wasn't a rule talking about it, people liked the stuff I played, but ever since that rule came along, things changed, and there are good reasons why.
What I want, is to be a meaningful player to this community, and to help rake in new players to help out Skial's population, and to keep it as one of the most popular communities on TF2. It would actually kill me if this community one day died out, as it's almost like a sort-of childhood, to me, and it would be a damn shame to me if I couldn't make one last attempt to turn things around for the better.
While I am aware that ' King ' had spoken to you guys about this back when I initially got that permaban, I wasn't aware that he had a bit of a falling out with you guys, and he mentioned stuff about there being certain steps I should follow to help with my case, and while i'm not aware what the steps are, i'm asking if it's something that could be laid out for me to help practice a healthier mindset in Skial.
And, about the griefing/friendlying from before. Back then, I wasn't all that aware of what I was doing to the community as at the time, I was just focused on doing things out of shits and giggles for my friends. Now, I understand that my griefing could have put a damper on the playerbase, and have caused some players to leave Skial, and now. I want to be able to change that, and hopefully bring people like them back.
To be completely honest. I am genuinely sorry that I got off on the wrong foot with some members of the community, and with you. And while things worked out for a while, I took advantage of it and it was completely out of line for me. While this is the first time i've actually made any sort of appeal to any community. I'm sure my grammar, and mannerisms might be scoffed at by those same members. I'm known to be the butt of quite a few jokes and I get it. But even despite this, i'd rather be known as the dysfunctional shithead and be a part of the community rather than not be a part of it at all.
And as for one last thing, if even despite after reading through all of this, if you feel that I need to wait more time before I come back to Skial, I understand completely, I can only hope that it's not permanent. Me hopping on TF2 nearly everyday after (formerly) school, (and now) work. It's also gotta be some of the most fun i've had playing a game, ever. I met some of the nicest people on there like danish, king, and a few others, and I really wanna meet more.

Obruhma

Rust Admin
Contributor
I would have to agree with nich in that 3 months really is not a long time to "change". If you did do all of that for what you first stated with the moving out and so on congratulations. Then maybe you will get unbanned but it will not be soon. As it is though this is all up to nich not me.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
If this is true with all the changes you've been through as of recent and with the addition of even removing slam/soundboards, I can consider a temporary ban (3 months more to make it half a year in total). That being said, if after this time period you continue to break rules, that perma ban will be reapplied with no chance of removal.

he mentioned stuff about there being certain steps I should follow to help with my case,
The main mention of the steps was about removing the audio files containing Herp's and Perc's voices, which were not only put on a soundboard and used against their wishes, but also somehow managed to get distributed to other players (Which had them also participate in playing their voices over a soundboard). Quite a few issues arose from this, which was the main reason for the ban. If you delete/remove those audio files and agree to follow the rules of skial, I will reduce the perma ban to a 3 month temporary ban.

★Major Pootis Steeljaw☆

If this is true with all the changes you've been through as of recent and with the addition of even removing slam/soundboards, I can consider a temporary ban (3 months more to make it half a year in total). That being said, if after this time period you continue to break rules, that perma ban will be reapplied with no chance of removal.

The main mention of the steps was about removing the audio files containing Herp's and Perc's voices, which were not only put on a soundboard and used against their wishes, but also somehow managed to get distributed to other players (Which had them also participate in playing their voices over a soundboard). Quite a few issues arose from this, which was the main reason for the ban. If you delete/remove those audio files and agree to follow the rules of skial, I will reduce the perma ban to a 3 month temporary ban.
Thank you. And, as for the audio files, I simply don't have them anymore. One of the main reasons why I had gotten rid of SLAM was not just people simply not enjoying them anymore, but it was also for the sake of my PC, god forbid those sound files I had took up nearly 5-7 gigabytes worth of space, and it was severely hindering my PC's performance whenever I played TF2, causing it to crash and occasionally, corrupt. If you're curious about the rough timeframe I can remember when I deleted the files, I'd say it was around a few weeks after I got the ban.
And, for reference, my PC literally only has 200 gigabytes worth of storage, 50 of it being just for the PC's reserved space, and essentials. I couldn't even download Payday 2 until I bought an external hard drive for it.

And, as for you even just considering lowering my ban length, it truly means a monumental amount to me.

To be completely honest, when I first made the post, I genuinely was thinking i'd be laughed at completely off of Skial as a whole. Still, just, thank you.