Status
Not open for further replies.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Hello, I read your application and have some questions for you. I wasn't around back when you were first admin, so I really have no experience of what happened - other than what I have heard from you and others.

I'm wondering if you can tell us more about how you changed and what you learned about yourself.

How will you manage relationships (broadly speaking) with other admins/players today, differently from the past?

Admins can have different points of view. How will you handle situations when there are disagreements?

Suppose, hypothetically, that you are going through a difficult time in your personal life. How might that affect your decision making and how will you manage difficult stresses in balance with your admin duties? How is this different now, than in the past?

Last edited:

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Hello, I read your application and have some questions for you. I wasn't around back when you were first admin, so I really have no experience of what happened - other than what I have heard from you and others.

I'm wondering if you can tell us more about how you changed and what you learned about yourself.

How will you manage relationships (broadly speaking) with other admins/players today, differently from the past?

Admins can have different points of view. How will you handle situations when there are disagreements?

Suppose, hypothetically, that you are going through a difficult time in your personal life. How might that affect your decision making and how will you manage difficult stresses in balance with your admin duties? How is this different now, than in the past?
Hello there!

Quite a lot of the answers to your questions are more personal than I'd like to put on an open forum, as pretty much all of the answers delve into my mentality and the struggles of my condition, accepting it and the help I got, etc.

While I don't particularly want to put it all on the public forum, and even DOX my self, I would be more comfortable sending you my answer privately if that is acceptable to you? I have sent you a friend request in any case to discuss that further.

I will however provide the basic responses that I feel comfortable posting.

How I've changed is basically having a greater understanding on my "journey" of how I behave, how I think and how I act, and implementing "trigger points" in my mentality during every given scenario. Example, previously if I suggested something I thought was a great idea for the greater good, my "dog with a bone" condition would make it almost impossible to stop even when told to stop. With the years it's taken me to train my mind, trigger points take effect, and when someone says "no" or something similar, it's like a brain-wave where I know I need to leave it and move on.
Being honest, that was the crux of the issue with me being here last time, not knowing when to stop.

Strictly speaking I do not think I had any issues with managing relationships with the community. Players appear to like me and dare I say, some of the admins do/did too. The issue(s) began when I went on my mini crusades because I didn't understand how to stop, or if I even needed to stop.

Everyone is entitled to their own points of view. Since my last time in Skial administration, I have been promoted twice at work and now manage a team of engineers, each with their own opinions and values. Taking my conditions out of it, because not everything comes down to that and I hate to think I'd ever use it as a shield, knowing - understanding and appreciating other peoples views is just a common courtesy. We do not always have to agree with each other, that would be impossible for everyone to agree at all times, but we can agree to disagree amicably and move on right?

In fairness to my entire life, I have always been exceptionally good at parting my personal issues (breakups, bad days at work etc) from the other aspects of my life. If I have had such a bad time that I feel it MAY impact other people, I would always just keep away from those areas until I know my mindframe is better, and it really is quite that simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke Aileron

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Hello there!

Quite a lot of the answers to your questions are more personal than I'd like to put on an open forum, as pretty much all of the answers delve into my mentality and the struggles of my condition, accepting it and the help I got, etc.

While I don't particularly want to put it all on the public forum, and even DOX my self, I would be more comfortable sending you my answer privately if that is acceptable to you? I have sent you a friend request in any case to discuss that further.

I will however provide the basic responses that I feel comfortable posting.

How I've changed is basically having a greater understanding on my "journey" of how I behave, how I think and how I act, and implementing "trigger points" in my mentality during every given scenario. Example, previously if I suggested something I thought was a great idea for the greater good, my "dog with a bone" condition would make it almost impossible to stop even when told to stop. With the years it's taken me to train my mind, trigger points take effect, and when someone says "no" or something similar, it's like a brain-wave where I know I need to leave it and move on.
Being honest, that was the crux of the issue with me being here last time, not knowing when to stop.

Strictly speaking I do not think I had any issues with managing relationships with the community. Players appear to like me and dare I say, some of the admins do/did too. The issue(s) began when I went on my mini crusades because I didn't understand how to stop, or if I even needed to stop.

Everyone is entitled to their own points of view. Since my last time in Skial administration, I have been promoted twice at work and now manage a team of engineers, each with their own opinions and values. Taking my conditions out of it, because not everything comes down to that and I hate to think I'd ever use it as a shield, knowing - understanding and appreciating other peoples views is just a common courtesy. We do not always have to agree with each other, that would be impossible for everyone to agree at all times, but we can agree to disagree amicably and move on right?

In fairness to my entire life, I have always been exceptionally good at parting my personal issues (breakups, bad days at work etc) from the other aspects of my life. If I have had such a bad time that I feel it MAY impact other people, I would always just keep away from those areas until I know my mindframe is better, and it really is quite that simple.

I wasn't looking for anything personal or private, just some general ways that you have grown and feel comfortable sharing. Sounds like you have worked really hard and grown a lot. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and you have my support.

+1

• Love
Reactions: Xantam

Aeon

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I don't know you but since I haven't heard anything terrible about here's a
+1

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
This isn't a bump (not my style to bump stuff like this) but before this risks being declared "inactive", I am still here and still interested and playing mostly daily :)

I just don't throw my application towards everyone, if people visit the forums and know me they can feedback that way, feels very weird for me to send it out :P

Status
Not open for further replies.