toph

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Servers Dustbowl 24/7

Time Zone Central

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/27516623

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 1043 hours

Will you get mad if you lose admin? Nope

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "U:1:27516623" 30 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
Hello all! Been playing for years, mainly on the Goldrush 24/7 server, but now I spend all my time on Dustbowl 24/7. I currently have a job that allows me to be remote and be on quite often. I currently play about 40+ hours every two weeks. I know all the regulars on Dustbowl, and always enjoy helping out new-comers to be the best at Dustbowl! It would mean a-lot to me to help out and be a more intimate part of your community! Thank you for taking the time to read my request, looking forward to help moderate the community.

Tucson

Contributor
+1

toph is always a calm voice of reason in the dustbowl +us. he is usually ready with a friendly quip or humorous anecdote to brighten even the gloomiest day. on one occasion there was a player in dustbowl+ usa that was sad because he was poor and toph was very kind to him and talked to him about his poverty.

Reactions: potato2222

GamerGoD

Mildly Menacing Medic
+1
he would make a great admin
he's a regular on skial dustbowl, i see him all the time.
he is fun to play with too.
he's not a bot, so thats a huge plus these days

Reactions: potato2222

toph

Contributor
Hey Gala! Never met you before, but happy to meet you!
I see that you posted a few of my text chats. Unfortunately, I cannot agree with your -1 post due to the fact that you cannot just quote someone without context AND without knowing someone. See, I've changed my name a few of those times because those are friends in the server (if you played Dustbowl you'd know!) so I was messing with them, as were others who are regulars were too. YMB is my good friend, so we talk mess that we aimbot with the huntsman. Anyway, I enjoy this server so much. I've never seen you for my 1045 hours of play in Skial. I HAVE met many friends of my 1045 hours of Skial. I appreciate your input Gala, but your -1 is an uneducated post. Please add me on discord @ toph#2379 OR come in the Dustbowl server so we can meet!

Cheers!

Feral Angel

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Hey Gala! Never met you before, but happy to meet you!
I see that you posted a few of my text chats. Unfortunately, I cannot agree with your -1 post due to the fact that you cannot just quote someone without context AND without knowing someone. See, I've changed my name a few of those times because those are friends in the server (if you played Dustbowl you'd know!) so I was messing with them, as were others who are regulars were too. YMB is my good friend, so we talk mess that we aimbot with the huntsman. Anyway, I enjoy this server so much. I've never seen you for my 1045 hours of play in Skial. I HAVE met many friends of my 1045 hours of Skial. I appreciate your input Gala, but your -1 is an uneducated post. Please add me on discord @ toph#2379 OR come in the Dustbowl server so we can meet!

Cheers!
Marking this as declined. His post is not “uneducated.” You are to follow the rules even if you are wanting to become admin. Joking about hacking is against the rules, I’m pretty sure it tells you in chat that even joking about hacking is wrong. The n word is not allowed in any form anymore. Which you said
You would’ve been punished if someone had caught to that earlier, but since it’s a old comment, it’s just going to go with a warning.
you cannot just quote someone without context AND without knowing someone.
actually they can. When you are wanting to become admin, people will look into anything to see if you are a clean person. They’ll go for your ban/silence history, chat logs, sometimes even reports history. They don’t have to know you, they want see if you’re up for it. Have to keep that chat log clean of no racism, discrimination, or off comments. It’s very valid.

EDIT:
I decided to look into your punishment history and your first ever mute was that of racism. You clearly didn’t care about the rules again when you then got muted by Gala on March 15th for voteabuse. You’re not fit to be admin, considering your mute was just a little over a month ago.

Last edited:

toph

Contributor
Marking this as declined. His post is not “uneducated.” You are to follow the rules even if you are wanting to become admin. Joking about hacking is against the rules, I’m pretty sure it tells you in chat that even joking about hacking is wrong.
Unfortunately, your post is uneducated as well. If you knew the rules (which you should since you're an admin) you'd understand that joking in chat is NOT against the rules. Please feel free to type "!rules" in the game so you can follow up on the current rule set and understand them. It's pretty unfair you're an admin and unfamiliar with the rules on Skial, but able to "decline" admin offers.

I wish I could quote you more, but I'm unable on this device.

You quoted my statement of "you cannot quote someone without context AND without knowing someone."
You said they can, which I'm whole-heartedly going to disagree. Are you typically this ignorant as an admin for Skial?

You stated I got my first mute over racism.
Again I'm going back to my first comment about not knowing about the situation. Would you mind letting me know exactly what I got muted over? I don't mind reminding you! Someone asked in voicechat what's the country that started with a "N". I typed the country, not thinking about what could happen, and got banned. It's unfortunate that a country is taken advantage of for it's name for the sake of saying something negative, which I didn't understand at the time, but I do now.

"Feral Angel" if you took any amount of time during your day to visit "Dustbowl 24/7", you'd understand that there's a large amount of players who are friends know each other very well. See, there's a large amount of players on Dustbowl who are friends, and we all have a discord we have dedicated to Dustbowl. Again, I'm bringing up the fact you are uneducated in these matters and you still don't have a say because you have no idea what's going on besides the FACE VALUE of the random votes or text chats.

Again, I'd be happy to discuss these comments or concerns via discord. The admins of Skial need a revamp of connection with their community, and I'd be an absolute prime candidate for re-establishing that. I've heard a few admins here delete posts - so I'm screen shotting this for my own sake and others. I'm only here to protect and serve the people of Skial.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Unfortunately, your post is uneducated as well. If you knew the rules (which you should since you're an admin) you'd understand that joking in chat is NOT against the rules. Please feel free to type "!rules" in the game so you can follow up on the current rule set and understand them. It's pretty unfair you're an admin and unfamiliar with the rules on Skial, but able to "decline" admin offers.
You are correct, joking in chat is not against the rules. However, admins are held on a different standard as compared to random casual players. While joking as an admin is not a prohibited action, joking about rules considered quite severe comes off as uncaring of the standpoint Skial has. If you still have confusion as to why such a standpoint is taken especially when looking at potential/current admins, imagine yourself being a new user, joining a Skial server only to see an admin openly joking in chat about themselves hacking, accusing others of hacking, or using variations of the n word casually (which is against the rules, however due to how recent the change regarding this rule was I will ignore it).
As for Feral not knowing the rules, I would have to disagree with this. Interpretation of the rules can slightly differ depending on the person while maintaining the key elements. The rule specific to this situation is worded as "Using or advertising hacks. ... Advertising "fake" hacks is also not allowed." What is considered to be advertisement of hacks can differ to an individual, but is completely understandable as to why Feral interpreted your comments in this manner. A user admitting to using hacks (even jokingly) can cause many issues and does not uphold the views which Skial has.

You quoted my statement of "you cannot quote someone without context AND without knowing someone."
You said they can, which I'm whole-heartedly going to disagree. Are you typically this ignorant as an admin for Skial?
The reason Feral has said this is because admins represent a server/community. Users will come and go at all times of the day, which means context will not always be provided to them, as well these users are most likely not going to be the most acquainted with you considering the mass amount of players joining and leaving the server daily. As such, many of these users may join and only see you admitting to using cheats, which as you can guess, an admin admitting to cheating (even jokingly) is not a good representation for this community. Calling Feral ignorant on a situation you quite obviously have little experience in is quite arrogant of you, quite funny how both of us had this same situation in our admin apps yet took very different approaches to addressing it.

Again I'm going back to my first comment about not knowing about the situation. Would you mind letting me know exactly what I got muted over? I don't mind reminding you! Someone asked in voicechat what's the country that started with a "N". I typed the country, not thinking about what could happen, and got banned. It's unfortunate that a country is taken advantage of for it's name for the sake of saying something negative, which I didn't understand at the time, but I do now.
The first mute you received I find to be quite an odd one. For one, it was issued by console. Secondly, it was for two hours, which is not a proper time length for which an admin would distribute a punishment. This would leave me to believe your mute for racism was given by an admin currently on the server observing you or some sort of filter caught it, and surprisingly enough seems to contradict your story of "I typed the country, not thinking about what could happen, and got banned.". Did you instead intend to say muted? Regardless, your first actual punishment given by an admin is for a completely different reason altogether, being vote abuse. At this point i would like to ask, why do you have so many vote mutes spanning over long periods of time all being for the same reason of racism? Further elaboration on that would be very much appreciated.

"Feral Angel" if you took any amount of time during your day to visit "Dustbowl 24/7", you'd understand that there's a large amount of players who are friends know each other very well. See, there's a large amount of players on Dustbowl who are friends, and we all have a discord we have dedicated to Dustbowl. Again, I'm bringing up the fact you are uneducated in these matters and you still don't have a say because you have no idea what's going on besides the FACE VALUE of the random votes or text chats.
What we are given at face value is very similar as to what a new player would experience when joining this server. If a simple face value for an admin representing a community is poor, I have low hopes as to what may be found with a thorough rundown. I am unsure as to why you like to call people uneducated. Feral is giving feedback based on her experience as being an admin herself and going through the exact same process you are right now (which she actually went through not once but twice when she left admin for a short period). Ironically enough, in this scenario she seems to be the educated one as her involvement with these circumstances quite outweigh what you've displayed (and what has been displayed does not benefit yourself). If the only way for you to be seen as a good/trustworthy admin is the need to know you personally on a strong level, why would you make a good figure to represent this community?

Again, I'd be happy to discuss these comments or concerns via discord. The admins of Skial need a revamp of connection with their community, and I'd be an absolute prime candidate for re-establishing that. I've heard a few admins here delete posts - so I'm screen shotting this for my own sake and others. I'm only here to protect and serve the people of Skial.
I'll respond to the last comment here first. I'm unsure where you heard admins are deleting posts in this thread, I have the ability to see deleted posts that are created, and the amount of deleted posts is currently zero. Screen shot if that keeps your mind at ease but it's quite an odd thing to mention out of the blue.
On your comment regarding a revamp of connection with the community, I can agree somewhat. There are many servers of which some have strong connections with admins, while there are some who have had little to none. I am all for obtaining new admins to help with not only reports but having a good connection with users who join the server, whether they are frequent or not. However, the process for becoming an admin is quite lengthy and has a few hoops that are needed to be jumped through before you can become an admin. Because of this, a new admin being added to Skial is not the most common thing. The point of this application is to determine if you really would be the prime candidate for maintaining rules, distributing punishments when needed, responsible with power, and being a good role model for this community.

Last edited:

Feral Angel

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I decided to look into this more and you’re right, typing that specific country does get you muted. However, you want to think about it, people who use the n word tend to try to by pass the auto mute. Niger is one of those, so it’s in the filter to help prevent people from trying to do that. Context is very important when that word is being used. I’m glad you understood about that after the mute, you could also appeal and explain that you didn’t mean any offense. I had a lovely friend try it out.
dustbowl isn’t one of my favorite servers, mostly due to not liking the map. I do spend my time on other servers like Vsh, Surf, 2Fort, etc. I completely understand how people can be connected on the server very well. I see it a lot in 2Fort, they have can either have strange conversations or very calm and wholesome. It really depends on the players. That still doesn’t excuse you vote abuse. Why did you call it? It’s against the rules to call a random vote, even as a joke. I get it’s fun and no harm, but rules are rules. I am very aware of the rules, thank you! I’m sure you guys always have a lovely time.

I’m impressed how you are insulting me in a way by calling me uneducated and being passive aggressive. I won’t feed into that though. We can discuss this here than using discord. You and I have seem to have different time zones, meaning we wouldn’t be able to have a direct and timely matter to discuss this. I don’t want to ruin my sleep schedule, not a happy person if I don’t get that proper sleep!
Unfortunately, your post is uneducated as well. If you knew the rules (which you should since you're an admin) you'd understand that joking in chat is NOT against the rules.
im sure you’re right on this, been a while since I looked at the ingame chat about that, perhaps it’s about advertising hacks. I would like to let you know that I don’t take this seriously. Joking about hacking can be very serious because a player that doesn’t know you could be concerned and believe what you are saying. I’ve spent my time on skial long enough to know people tend to joke around about hacking, it’s not to be taken seriously. However if you joked about using LMAOBOX or any of those real hacking software, mostly advertising, then yes, I’d permanently ban you. You can appeal and things will be dealt with there; nothing to worry about.

I wish I could quote you more, but I'm unable on this device.
Do if you’re on you’re phone, the way to properly quote is the constantly hit reply on the comment you want to reply to, it could take a while. Another way is to just keep refreshing your page and hitting reply. I use my phone to respond on forums most of the time, so I know the struggle. :)
Nope, I’m not and I don’t think I am, but if that’s how you see me, that’s alright! We have our own opinions on this comment, which is perfectly okay! Not everyone can agree on one thing, discussing it helps try to find a solution or just to accept what the other person believe. Unless it’s something that’s totally out of line.

Last edited:

potato2222

Banned
Contributor
You are correct, joking in chat is not against the rules. However, admins are held on a different standard as compared to random casual players. While joking as an admin is not a prohibited action, joking about rules considered quite severe comes off as uncaring of the standpoint Skial has. If you still have confusion as to why such a standpoint is taken especially when looking at potential/current admins, imagine yourself being a new user, joining a Skial server only to see an admin openly joking in chat about themselves hacking, accusing others of hacking, or using variations of the n word casually (which is against the rules, however due to how recent the change regarding this rule was I will ignore it).
As for Feral not knowing the rules, I would have to disagree with this. Interpretation of the rules can slightly differ depending on the person while maintaining the key elements. The rule specific to this situation is worded as "Using or advertising hacks. ... Advertising "fake" hacks is also not allowed." What is considered to be advertisement of hacks can differ to an individual, but is completely understandable as to why Feral interpreted your comments in this manner. A user admitting to using hacks (even jokingly) can cause many issues and does not uphold the views which Skial has.

The reason Feral has said this is because admins represent a server/community. Users will come and go at all times of the day, which means context will not always be provided to them, as well these users are most likely not going to be the most acquainted with you considering the mass amount of players joining and leaving the server daily. As such, many of these users may join and only see you admitting to using cheats, which as you can guess, an admin admitting to cheating (even jokingly) is not a good representation for this community. Calling Feral ignorant on a situation you quite obviously have little experience in is quite arrogant of you, quite funny how both of us had this same situation in our admin apps yet took very different approaches to addressing it.

The first mute you received I find to be quite an odd one. For one, it was issued by console. Secondly, it was for two hours, which is not a proper time length for which an admin would distribute a punishment. This would leave me to believe your mute for racism was given by an admin currently on the server observing you or some sort of filter caught it, and surprisingly enough seems to contradict your story of "I typed the country, not thinking about what could happen, and got banned.". Did you instead intend to say muted? Regardless, your first actual punishment given by an admin is for a completely different reason altogether, being vote abuse. At this point i would like to ask, why do you have so many vote mutes spanning over long periods of time all being for the same reason of racism? Further elaboration on that would be very much appreciated.

What we are given at face value is very similar as to what a new player would experience when joining this server. If a simple face value for an admin representing a community is poor, I have low hopes as to what may be found with a thorough rundown. I am unsure as to why you like to call people uneducated. Feral is giving feedback based on her experience as being an admin herself and going through the exact same process you are right now (which she actually went through not once but twice when she left admin for a short period). Ironically enough, in this scenario she seems to be the educated one as her involvement with these circumstances quite outweigh what you've displayed (and what has been displayed does not benefit yourself). If the only way for you to be seen as a good/trustworthy admin is the need to know you personally on a strong level, why would you make a good figure to represent this community?

I'll respond to the last comment here first. I'm unsure where you heard admins are deleting posts in this thread, I have the ability to see deleted posts that are created, and the amount of deleted posts is currently zero. Screen shot if that keeps your mind at ease but it's quite an odd thing to mention out of the blue.
On your comment regarding a revamp of connection with the community, I can agree somewhat. There are many servers of which some have strong connections with admins, while there are some who have had little to none. I am all for obtaining new admins to help with not only reports but having a good connection with users who join the server, whether they are frequent or not. However, the process for becoming an admin is quite lengthy and has a few hoops that are needed to be jumped through before you can become an admin. Because of this, a new admin being added to Skial is not the most common thing. The point of this application is to determine if you really would be the prime candidate for maintaining rules, distributing punishments when needed, responsible with power, and being a good role model for this community.
tl;dr?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Do if you’re on you’re phone, the way to properly quote is the constantly hit reply on the comment you want to reply to, it could take a while. Another way is to just keep refreshing your page and hitting reply. I use my phone to respond on forums most of the time, so I know the struggle. :)
Does highlighting a section of the text not bring up the reply pop up for that specific section on a phone? I don't use a phone for anything more than calls, texts and an alarm, so just curious.

Feral Angel

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Does highlighting a section of the text not bring up the reply pop up for that specific section on a phone? I don't use a phone for anything more than calls, texts and an alarm, so just curious.
It does, but when you tap on reply, it doesn’t work. So I have to repeatedly highlight and tap reply until it works. It’s just the phone not understanding.

Reactions: Maddo