Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1 probably holds some sort of world record for reports
Appreciate your support Presto. I don't know about 'world record'. Since mods can't be on 24/7, I don't mind assisting in providing observation reports for further review/disciplinary action. At skial, we are an all inclusive community with core values and a set of !rules that we are all held accountable to.

Presto

Uncharitable Spy
Appreciate your support Presto. I don't know about 'world record'. Since mods can't be on 24/7, I don't mind assisting in providing observation reports for further review/disciplinary action. At skial, we are an all inclusive community with core values and a set of !rules that we are all held accountable to.
yup i was just joking about, what i was trying to say is that you really seem to want to clear rule breakers from skial which many other people fail to do, good luck on the admin

Reactions: Praetorian

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
-1 for now.

You've reported me twice. Nothing wrong with that.
It does make me question what would have happened if you had admin permissions?

https://www.skial.com/threads/yum-2-suspicious-aimbot.106690/
Side note: my profile was public to help provide clarity during that play session. It is private otherwise.

https://www.skial.com/threads/ケーキ-possible-aimbot.97593/
You mentioned I was using a cleaner's carbine. I don't ever equip that but, it makes me think you're referring to a different player.

How would you go about handling future situations?
How would you handle the case of a ban that was found to be false?

Last edited:

Presto

Uncharitable Spy
-1 for now.

Side note: my profile was public to help provide clarity during that play session. It is private otherwise.

You mentioned I was using a cleaner's carbine. I don't ever equip that but, it makes me think you're referring to a different player.

https://www.skial.com/threads/horsesniffer-transphobic-msg-on-conscientious-objector.106443/
There was also this report I found some time ago where a supportive sign of trans people was apparently transphobic?

I still am in support of the OP but yes they do need to be more careful and wise while handing reports (or bans if they get admin)

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
-1 for now.

Hi Soo. I appreciate your feedback on the above 2 reports I've submitted. You've provided me 3 very important and valid questions to answer.
  • It does make me question what would have happened if you had admin permissions?

Accountability and ownership - As irl, all actions I've taken in my private and professional life, comes with great responsibilities and consequences in in my decision making processes. If I've made a mistake, I personally take ownership of my mistake and learn not to repeat the same. And communities as irl, come with rules to live by. Tho I don't make/create the rules, I follow them and I would expect others to do the same. Being admin is NOT to be taken lightly nor should the skial admin privileges be abused. Since joining and deciding to be a part of skial since Jan 2021, and visiting the many servers, I respect everyone who visits them. I mostly have observed and reported any obvious violations whether text and/or verbal, and submitted "questionable" violations. In the above 2 example files you've provided, I use the words "suspicious" and "possible". Since our admins are very busy, I decided to post in our Forums under Report TF2 Player for one of our skial admins for further investigation(s)

Note: Although my report was the use of mostly the primary weapon used for sniping, I did re-review my yum-2 dem.file, I stand corrected about the cleaners carbine but rather it was the Hale's own Killstreak festive smg

Also I recall Biggie's following explanation re:

Suspicion of someone hacking on the server
  • If you suspect someone is cheating, the first thing you never do is call them out in all chat or voice chat. If this does happen this will give the cheater time to turn off whichever hack they are using and the chance of spectating them in the act is dramatically reduced (unless they are careless of how they are hacking). In the case this does happen Skial admins can check the stats of said hacker to check the timeframe of someone suspected to be cheating (which can be hard at times because now-a-day most hacks are hidden well and not as obvious).
Different type of hacks

There are many different type of hacks to look out for, and they can be tricky to spot since a lot of hackers tend to hide how they are using them while playing. Most common type of hacks are as follows:
  • Aimbot
  • Projectile Aimbot
  • Triggerbot/Toggle
  • Wall-Hack/ESP
  • Auto-Reflect
  • No Spread

• How would you go about handling future situations?
This response would tie in to my previous answer. In instances of suspected use of aimbot, it is one of the most serious of offenses on our servers. There is a always a possibility of a permanent ban of an alleged player involved. I would ensure I have POV of the alleged player and length of dem.file recording to share with another associate skial admin for their opinion if I have ANY concerns.

I would want to be absolutely certain before rendering a decision on the alleged named player involved (steam id) as at skial we don't reverse permanent bans on confirmed cheaters. Great care must be used in adjudicating these particular type files.

• How would you handle the case of a ban that was found to be false?
Firstly, I take all forms of reports and appeals very seriously. I would hope and expect ANY report is investigated with care and determined if ANY !rules violation has been broken BEFORE any disciplinary action is taken before it reaches the Appeals section of our forums. If a player finds they have been falsely banned from our servers, I would ensure the player involved has submitted an appeal thru our skial's Ban Appeal section of our forums. I would expect the player that recieved the disciplinary action to provide us the necessary information to assist us in helping them resolve their appeal. As I stated in my previous point, any new ip appeals associated to linked steamids of confirmed "cheating" would be reviewed by our admins and/or system and likely not reversed. We also follow the explanation of proxy ips, VPN's and Geforce Now as stated here

In conclusion, I know I enjoy playing here at skial and I would never want our popular community to get a bad rap for poor mismanagement on applying !rules and I for one know I have and would not want to exemplify myself as an a skial admin who have been granted these privileges and misuses them. I enjoy supporting our skial community servers and discord server. I believe I've demonstrated from my chatlogs both in texts and verbally I'm not into participating in any form of bad behavior here or in my family life. If the skial community still feels I'm still not ready, then I totally understand and I'll still continue to support skial. Thanks for this opportunity to respond you Soo.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
https://www.skial.com/threads/horsesniffer-transphobic-msg-on-conscientious-objector.106443/
There was also this report I found some time ago where a supportive sign of trans people was apparently transphobic?

I still am in support of the OP but yes they do need to be more careful and wise while handing reports (or bans if they get admin)
Hi Presto. You are correct. I made an error when I submitted a report about what I thought was a transphobic flag on an objector when in fact I related my report to a previous report. The difference was the diagonal cross found on his report and not in mine. In reality, I consider myself to be more liberal in view about the lqbtg+ as I lived all my life in a multi national, multi diverse community of peoples. Tho I'm straight myself, we all live together in peace. There are others in my city who still unfortunately still oppose the lgbtq+ community. I support them as they have as much equal rights to live economically and socially in our society. Therefore I make an genuinely unreserved apology to any transgender player on our skial servers for whom I may have offended when I made my report on April 10, 2023 and especially to horsesniffer.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1 have played with him and he is a cool and collected individual who is always nice to others.
I appreciate your feedback Friendly Killer. I've played along side of you on numerous occasions on our servers. It's not only great to see you , I enjoy our friendship together and the numerous reports you've submitted for rule violations.. Well done sir! You are of good character yourself.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
To my skial community,

On Friday May 26, 2023, I came to learn of one of my reports appearing not only in the reports section but also in the appeals section regarding a player named Bebo. This report of mine was from Tuesday Dec. 6, 2022. In my dem.file, there is a player by the username BOOTY-BANDIT, but in my report I I mistakenly put in Booty Bandit. As a result my grievous error presented the wrong steamid and thus Booty Bandit was perm muted for the "N" lanaguage in the evidence.
After I re-investigated my submission I discovered my inexcusable error and immediately made contact with the skial admins on my findings and the perm mute was overturned on
Bebo who also used a similar name.

Because of my huge mistake in identifying the correct steamid,
Bebo was identified/depicted as the one being "racist" when in fact he is not. My error caused not only backlash to him with negative emojis But I also owe also a sincere apology to Seminal Inhalation and in no way did I try to intentional mislead anyone other than my attempt to capture the offending player on the night of Dec. 6 report.

As I stated in my app, I take full ownership and accountability. I stated to 2 skial admins that I would and did reach out to Bebo in Discord and stated my heartfelt sincerest of apologies for mis-identifying him and asking him for his forgiveness from my Dec. 6 2022 report. He has accepted my apology and that he has expressed no bad feelings towards to me and appreciated that I took the time to correct my mistake I created.

Here is a an excerpt of our convo from his own words,

[6:30 AM]
Bebo:
i belive that you should definitely keep your admin app since everyone in this world is human. Humans make mistakes, and we learn from the mistakes and move forward. And for this little mistake that did not harm anybody. I belive that you should in no way shape or form say that that you deserve to get your admin taken away from you since i think you are turly a great guy and it would be a mistake on the behalf of me to want you to get yoir admin app taken away from you.

I assert from his statement that I did cause "harm" from mistaken identity AND to me, I should NOT be making such errors in the first place.

In conclusion, I wanted to post an update re: my skial admin app. I stated prior and I will re-iterate that I do not take skial mod role lightly. My actions and consquences are my sole responsibility and I'm held to a higher standard in this community. I would want our skial community to feel safe and inclusive always. Because of my oversight on this Dec. 6 identification report, I had considered withdrawing my skial admin app because our skial community entrusts selected individuals to ensure skial continues to prosper. Thank you very much for allowing me to express again my heartfelt apologies and if this community wishes to dismiss my consideration then the voice of many have spoken.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1 You are definitely a great person no doubt.
I'm very humbled and grateful by your comments. I don't see myself as being :great" nor do I think I will ever be. My reward is knowing to be honest with my own shortcomings and sharing with others what I've learned so we can share in our successes together. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.