OoohDiscordKittens

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Servers:
TRADE | US
Time Zone:
Central (UTC-5), I recently have a pretty static range of active hours on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 6pm-11pm
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
250:44:03 (06:01:46 AFK)
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No, I'm a pretty level headed guy, if it turns out that I lose admin then I obviously did something wrong.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:78852061]" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
I'm very active in TF2 and consider myself to be a regular, I have spent the last more or less 8 years on Skial. If I'm not at the gym, doing homework, or playing MvM. You can probably find me somewhere in the server. I have populated a majority of my friends list from the trade server and I have been engaging in the community more by being active in the discord and trying to weasel my way into the forums anywhere I can. I try to fit reports in where they seem fit along with using the vote menu appropriately. Since my experience has been so positive I feel obliged to do anything I can to improve the Skial experience for everyone.

---Right now my schedule is whacked out with school, so, of the days listed above, I might be at my computer for 14 hours and go back and forth between school work and TF2.​

catgirl dumpster

TF2 Admin
Contributor
+1

Seems familiar with the server rules
Does notify me whenever people are being troublesome on Trade US

Good luck nerd :3

Sub Slime Demo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 I'm keep it simple. Beef is on the server alot, chills in the corner and listens when u least expect him too. Doesn't argue much and is great to have around on the server. (sometimes I think he is on the server for too long :p )

Would make a good admin tbh. Respectable too.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I'm retracting my support. You do not know how to properly put together reports, gather evidence or supply evidence.

I've handled your report today, the first one I've handled of yours, inside the report it clearly asks you "time the incident occurred", and on every report you've put up, you've put "now", as in, it's happening as we speak.
Why does this matter?
It matters because if someone is hacking on a server and it's happening right now, which is what you've said, to me that is urgent so we don't lose players. So when I saw your report, I'm not going to lie and I might get called sad or whatever, I stopped ironing my shirt for work tomorrow and jumped on to ban the perpetrator while he was on the server.
Well of course, he wasn't there, and hasn't been for 17 hours.

So not only are your reports incorrect, the thread that states HOW to gather evidence clearly states that you start recording a demo and type status in the console, then provide us with the demo. Instead, I am given a pixelated .mp4 without the console commands being used at all, so I could end up banning the wrong person. It even says to record a demo when you enter the report form: "Type record demoname in the console to record a demo.".

Now this might all sound very minor. But I'm a very particular person and a more particular admin, I do not ban unless I am 100% confident someone needs banning, and I am also quite lenient in most instances. You not putting the correct time an incident happens and also not providing evidence in the correct format, but giving us a pixelated very very unclear video, doesn't make me feel 100% confident this person was actually hacking as I couldn't actually see it very well.

OoohDiscordKittens

Contributor
I'm retracting my support. You do not know how to properly put together reports, gather evidence or supply evidence.

I've handled your report today, the first one I've handled of yours, inside the report it clearly asks you "time the incident occurred", and on every report you've put up, you've put "now", as in, it's happening as we speak.
Why does this matter?
It matters because if someone is hacking on a server and it's happening right now, which is what you've said, to me that is urgent so we don't lose players. So when I saw your report, I'm not going to lie and I might get called sad or whatever, I stopped ironing my shirt for work tomorrow and jumped on to ban the perpetrator while he was on the server.
Well of course, he wasn't there, and hasn't been for 17 hours.

So not only are your reports incorrect, the thread that states HOW to gather evidence clearly states that you start recording a demo and type status in the console, then provide us with the demo. Instead, I am given a pixelated .mp4 without the console commands being used at all, so I could end up banning the wrong person. It even says to record a demo when you enter the report form: "Type record demoname in the console to record a demo.".

Now this might all sound very minor. But I'm a very particular person and a more particular admin, I do not ban unless I am 100% confident someone needs banning, and I am also quite lenient in most instances. You not putting the correct time an incident happens and also not providing evidence in the correct format, but giving us a pixelated very very unclear video, doesn't make me feel 100% confident this person was actually hacking as I couldn't actually see it very well.
Talked with you in Steam DM, apologies for stopping your shirt ironing progress, will work on the quality of my reports so there isn't misunderstandings in the future, appreciate your feedback even though it was retracted and thank you for helping me out with how to better make reports for the future.

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
In your latest report, https://www.skial.com/threads/supanoob-spycrab-runner.89561/, when I changed it to 1080, it was very clear, and did save me the effort of loading the .dem file into TF2.

+1

Edit:
I revisited the hacking report you made and changed the quality to 1080p, and it was also very clear.

As to Xantam's other point, you can open console in the video recording, to show us the player name and steam ID, but there are other ways of verifying this. For your hacking report for example, I looked at your video and correlated his kills with his Stats page event log which logs all of his kills, to confirm that the Steam ID is the correct person.

Last edited:

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
As to Xantam's other point, you can open console in the video recording, to show us the player name and steam ID, but there are other ways of verifying this. For your hacking report for example, I looked at your video and correlated his kills with his Stats page event log which logs all of his kills, to confirm that the Steam ID is the correct person.

I'm not sure why you're trying to call me out both on discord and on this thread. I am quite literally following the rules in place and clamping down on half-arsed reports (not that I am saying this persons are half-arsed) to ensure they all follow the same format.

If you have any issues with the required format of reports, take it up with Bottiger who stickied this thread years ago.

https://www.skial.com/threads/collecting-evidence-in-tf2.47782/

anti-braD♿ B>JEEPCAP

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 I advertise here almost everyday and this dude always has to let people know to not talk over trade adverts. He's always so friendly & kind to other individuals within the server, I think it would be beneficial for Beef to join the pre-existing lineup of admins.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Answer these to the best of your ability using the resources available to you. If punishment is necessary, use my SteamID3

1. On Trade EU I am telling everyone that Feral Angel is a scamming POS that robbed me of my high tier unusual trying to get her to leave, you get involved and look at Feral's trade history and I refuse to show mine. Feral's trade history shows she never traded with me and she never had my item. What do you do? I have 5 offenses
  2. Deathrun US, I am playing this song at ear rape volume. Someone files a report with a demo on me, During this demo someone in chat tells me it is too loud and I turn it down to acceptable ear levels, what do you do? I have 0 offenses
  3. Playing in Payload+ US I say “maybe if you went to lm@o box website you could be cool like us” after dominating another sniper, what do you do? I have 9 offenses

OoohDiscordKittens

Contributor
Answer these to the best of your ability using the resources available to you. If punishment is necessary, use my SteamID3

1. On Trade EU I am telling everyone that Feral Angel is a scamming POS that robbed me of my high tier unusual trying to get her to leave, you get involved and look at Feral's trade history and I refuse to show mine. Feral's trade history shows she never traded with me and she never had my item. What do you do? I have 5 offenses
    Deathrun US, I am playing this song at ear rape volume. Someone files a report with a demo on me, During this demo someone in chat tells me it is too loud and I turn it down to acceptable ear levels, what do you do? I have 0 offenses
    Playing in Payload+ US I say “maybe if you went to lm@o box website you could be cool like us” after dominating another sniper, what do you do? I have 9 offenses
Sorry for the late reply, went to sleep and woke up for class right away.

1.) I would note the excessive targeting of Feral Angel, you would be technically spamming, but with 5 offenses I thought one would be perma-gagged already, but now seems appropriate. sm_gag "[U:1:116254940]" 0 "lying about being scammed"

2.) Music is allowed in servers other than trade and the rules don't explicitly say ear rape is reportable. Only 1 person is asking you to turn it down so the server has not voted, on top of that you did turn it down so any argument for spam is out the window and you receive no punishment. Lastly, the person who reported you broke the rules by reporting someone who wasn't breaking the rules. Assuming with the example they are also at 0 offenses then the reporter should get a 1 day gag. sm_gag "[U:1:116254940]" 1440 "false report"

3.)Advertising hacks, even if they are fake is against the rules. With 9 offenses you DEFINITELY should already have been banned permanently. sm_ban "[U:1:116254940]" 0 "advertising hacks"

Reactions: Jermaphobe