TURBINE+ | US 1
Time Zone:
UTC-07:00 Mountain time, 4-5hrs daily (currently 8AM-1PM); Varies monthly
Link to your Stats Page:
(https) stats_skial_com/#player/tf/10529366
Playing Time:
789:01:08 (20:34:17 AFK)​
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No; Impartiality and professionalism are very important traits to me. Administrative coherence requires some measure of objectiveness, and I will practice this as much as is necessary to minimize unnecessary frustration/difficulty.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban #10529366 60 "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
I've been a part of TF2's community since 2009, and I believe that, after being a part of the Skial server playerbase for quite a few years now, I have both the capacity/responsibility at this point in my life to maintain the positive and challenging environment that Skial has provided to me for so long. I've always tried to do my part by reporting players lessening the experience, but a recent slew of hackers/griefers in one of my favorite servers has motivated me to reconsider my current position in the TF2 playerbase and seek out a more expedient alternative.
I believe that I would make a good admin for Skial's TF2 community because I greatly benefit from watching the natural flow of the ingame community play out, from the humor (hopefully tasteful) that so many players provide to the comradery that we all share when faced with challenging teams.
As far as the role I would like to see myself in, I much prefer a quiet approach to handling issues when it comes to the games I play. I believe that in order for a server's players to have the best experience, it is ideal for an admin to take swift action (after careful and thorough observation) than to let problems linger and upset the players, as this kind of unnecessary dramatization left unchecked can often kill off a server population. Quite a few years ago I served as an admin in the now sadly defunct Golden Machinegun (GMG) TF2 servers; While it was a great learning experience for me, it wasn't uncommon for me to see situations arise between multiple admins on the same server that could interfere with the ebb and flow of natural gameplay. It's been a long time, but these issues struck me as being superfluous: I believe that, when possible, any conflict should be deferred to those with merit/greatest experience and understanding of nuance.
As previously stated, I really enjoy observing the experience from an outside perspective, letting things flow as they are with little interruption. In this manner, it is not my style to pop into a server and start disrupting the game; I won't be looking for patronization or flattery as a result of any (prospective) admin role. At the end of the day, I just want for myself and others to have a positive and entertaining experience during their time here on Skial (any anwhere else, of course :blush:.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Something is wrong with the app, you must find that yourself.

From your stats page, it looks like you just came back this month, applicants should show they're active, and not going to go on vacation for 12 weeks then come back to skial, then go on vacation again.

It's not a requirement but you should get a few reports under your belt, it is physical evidence that you know how to report and gather evidence.

application could use some protein (add paragraphs and sentences) to explain your past experiences, reasons why you would be a good admin, etc.

-1 for now.

nJuliet

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Thanks for the expedient response. Concerning recent activity, I do occasionally get into bouts of different games for a while - will certainly need to reconsider average weekly playtime if I'm going to get more serious about this. I've rarely perused the Skial forums in the past, and the forum reports board is a new discovery to me - I do prefer to linger in chatrooms, but I'll start keeping an eye out around the forums. Wishing now that I had those previously mentioned userIDs :coldsweat:. Thank you for your feedback, will definitely work on adding some needed polish!

nJuliet

Contributor
Sorry for the Skial stats URL complication - I currently am restricted based on post count from editing/adding hyperlinks. Very sorry for any trouble, will return to edit if possible! EDIT: Please excuse my typos at the end of the OP, realized I was running short on the edit time limit and got a bit hasty. Putting thoughts to words can be a trial at times!

nJuliet

Contributor
Apologies for the spam, wanted to make a correction to my ban procedures response after some more careful reading: proper syntax would be sm_addban 30* "#[U:1:10529366]" "obvious aimbot". Bit of confusion between userid and steamid, never had to use userid before.

EDIT: Thank you for the timely response and review @RenZ.
Concerning loss of admin for "no reason": A loss of admin privileges for no apparent reason to myself I would assume to be the result of some discussion on the backend between individuals who are more knowledgeable about Skial's needs than myself. I would hope that if it were due to any action on my part that I would receive an explanation of my wrongdoings so that I could introspect and improve from it.
Concerning Time Zone/active hours: To break down my "varies monthly", I have to rotate shifts in my workplace once a month between days, mids and swing shifts. I have anywhere from 4-7 hours each day regardless that I am available to chat, and will likely be playing TF2 sometime within those hours. If anyone should ever have any questions or concerns regarding availability, please do not hesitate to contact me via Steam or Discord!

Grasping for straws here, I'm thinking the only concern of the app is the proper convar for banning my account through steamid, which I am using the Admin Info page as reference for. Of course I have been wrong in the past (no way) so any additional guidance or advice is very much appreciated.

DOUBLE EDIT: Thank you for your response @Xantam.
Playing Time: 5,363 hours. Skial Playtime: 789:01:08 (20:34:17 AFK)
Concerning Self-ban via SteamID: Utilize SourceMod ConVar sm_addban 30 "[U:1:10529366]" "obvious aimbot" after using "status" convar to locate player's SteamID
Concerning Stats page:
(https) stats skial com /#summary/player/Name/All/nJuliet
(https) stats skial com /#player/tf/10529366

I am very sorry if I am still missing something, I am looking over both my application, others' apps, as well as the app form for comparison and am currently at a loss :confounded:
Have to head off for work shortly and due to the nature of the workplace I can't bring any electronics - I apologize for the inconvenience. Will return 11PM Mountain Time. Thanks to previously mentioned admins, your punctual assistance on this app has been greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

RenZ

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
There is still an issue with your app but Seeing that you did beef up your app will make my opinion go to 0 until the issue is fixed. once you get the issue fixed, take my 0 as a +1, doing this to lessen spam.

Oh and forget about the reports thing, I like admins with reports, but given that it isn't a necessity, I shall not let it effect your app.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Oh and forget about the reports thing, I like admins with reports, but given that it isn't a necessity, I shall not let it effect your app.
Your replies give a very severe god-complex as though you sit in Bottigers seat and hold the deciding card on apps. I'll probably get rated dumb for this reply but "I shall not let it effect your app" sounds like you have some kind of power over whether this succeeds or not. It's is us staff of Skial which control that. Please can you rein in your replies a bit so it's just your opinions on their chat, time, etc? And not so controlling?

I'll with-hold my +/- until you fix an issue with your app, not a major issue but it needs fixing.
Chat is clean, stats are good, and I see no issue in playing other games for a while, I do it too. It's the only way for me to keep my spark for TF2 alive.
@nJuliet

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I want to +1, think you just need to improve how the app looks and re-word things better is all. This is an admin app, not a 5th grade writing essay, so dont stress to much. You got alot good behind what you have to offer.

Reactions: Fr4gFronti3r

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
sm_addban 30* "#[U:1:10529366]" "obvious aimbot".

I might be mistaken but sm_addban is mostly used to ban players who are not on the server, an alternative to sm_banoffline.
The most commonly used version would be sm_ban "#[STEAMID]" 1440 "Hacking", for example. Or sm_ban "#123" 1440 "Hacking (where #123 is their player ID on the server).

Either way, the ban would happen, you'd just need to /kick after you used your command. I'd like to see you get some more support from your fellow players :) point them in the direction of this app!

nJuliet

Contributor
Thank you all for your feedback!
@Maddo I'm essentially a radar technician, we deal with EMI-sensitive radar equipment and compartmentalized information, hence the lack of electronics. So yeah, basically a magnet factory :laughing:
@Cowboy Crow thank you for your input here - I know the app is a bit verbose; I do this to ensure that I'm "covering all bases" so to speak. I figure that some people reviewing the app may want to gain a deeper understanding of the "why", so I think it behooves me to offer as much information as one may want to know, so they can see my intentions and my goals. I could have maybe tried something as simple as "I want admin because I want to make sure others can continue having fun and to keep the servers healthy", but I believe it would discredit the large amount of respect I have for the the Skial community and this whole process you folks are going through with me. Nevertheless, thank you for the critique - if I could edit the OP again, I would certainly make some formatting changes!
@Xantam Thanks for clearing up some of my confusion on the SM convars. I know it's supposed to be simple, I tend to get stuck in the details sometimes. I think it would be a neat idea in the future to get in a server with a willing victim and test out the commands, if possible. I find that I get the most understanding from direct experience, but of course that could be a long time coming (or never at all!). I'll do some reading up on the SM website to try and grasp this information a bit better.
That said, I will try and contact some of the regulars I've played with around the servers to offer a vouch for me - I may be a while on this!
Thanks again all for your time/patience.

creeek <:

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
nJuliet reached out to me to vouch for them for their application process! I signed up and I am making this post for this reason.

Hello everyone! It is strange to think that the first experience I ever had with tf2 was very likely nJuliet and I playing on a Skial server together. I am so thankful for the environment that Skial servers create; being a cornerstone for so many great friendships and experiences over the years. nJuliet has always kept me up-to-date with what I'd call the "backstage" of tf2, the communities, updates, competitive scenes, and custom mapping. Being introduced to these is what made this game so important to me. It is their deep knowledge and respect for what makes tf2 great at both face-value and behind-the-scenes that would make them an excellent admin, helping maintain the same environment on Skial servers that means so much to me!

If these are helpful! :-)
Playing Time: 1,194
Skial ID: https stats.skial.com/#player/tf/114762234

MatSki

Meh, was gonna donate an item to me, accepted trade offer and everything, I didn't even ask, took it as a really nice gesture but then cancelled with mobile auth and said something along the lines of "you just got Jbaited" in chat. I had already posted nice comment and was going to give an unusual back as a token of gratitude, thank God I didn't jump the gun on that one, would be wasting money on a troll. Nothing serious, just got trolled. :L

"Remember kids corn never forgets." -Corn 2019