Status
Not open for further replies.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Servers DUSTBOWL+ | US

Time Zone PST

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/345621788

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 467:53:42 (01:24:15 AFK)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "U:1:345621788" 30 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
Hello,
I realize some of you don't know me well, so I'll tell you a bit about myself.

I'm 35 years old and studying for my doctorate in clinical psychology. This means I'm held to a high standard of ethics and morals. My life is super busy and playing TF2 Dustbowl is my outlet and release from work. I do clinical rotations in settings where patients frequently try to manipulate me and push my buttons.. in other words, I can handle jerks and trolls on our servers without letting my ego get in the way.

I was playing on casual matchmaking servers and frequently came across the worst kinda of people, hackers, bots, etc. I was ready to give up on TF2 until I found the Skial servers. They are clean, high functioning, and well moderated. It's a blessing to have this environment and I understand what it means to players that desperate for a well protected environment.

I've played over 400 hours on these servers - mostly Dustbowl. I can only think of 2 or 3 occasions in that entire time where would have felt it justified to use admin powers.

1) Recently, a group of players were mic spamming and starting random vote kicks/gags. These were directed towards themselves and also innocent players. When I used the !ignore command to mute them, they started a vote against me. It failed, but its still frustrating to see this kind of behavior directed towards innocent players. It's unacceptable, and I came here to avoid this kind of conduct on servers elsewhere.

2) Recently, a player by the name of HUNTER BIDENS CRACK PIPE was using racial slurs, the n word, LGBTQ slurs, Latin(x) slurs, and several other inappropriate comments that made players uncomfortable. This is another case where I would have stepped in.

Finally,
I want to acknowledge my chat log and it is not perfect. The majority of it is banter, and what stands out most recently is a name I called (Pumpkin Love) starting with C. He is one of my friends and tend to have a back and forth with them - keeping it as light as possible. If this needs to be cleaned up on my end, I completely understand.

Thank you,
-K

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I've played over 400 hours on these servers - mostly Dustbowl. I can only think of 2 or 3 occasions in that entire time where would have felt it justified to use admin powers.

1) Recently, a group of players were mic spamming and starting random vote kicks/gags. These were directed towards themselves and also innocent players. When I used the !ignore command to mute them, they started a vote against me. It failed, but its still frustrating to see this kind of behavior directed towards innocent players. It's unacceptable, and I came here to avoid this kind of conduct on servers elsewhere.

2) Recently, a player by the name of HUNTER BIDENS CRACK PIPE was using racial slurs, the n word, LGBTQ slurs, Latin(x) slurs, and several other inappropriate comments that made players uncomfortable. This is another case where I would have stepped in.
https://www.skial.com/threads/collecting-evidence-in-tf2.47782/https://www.skial.com/form/report-tf2-player.2/select

gala

Contributor
Chat seems alright, although you use a lot of voice chat, I don't know how you are there

You don't have any reports, that's a good place to start acting on rulebreakers

My opinion is neutral at least for now

Johnny Bravo

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I can vouch for Kalashnikov's character on the mic. He's a good player who performs well even when playing solo, and will play for hours at a time, making his name a common sight when I join. While we've joked around on mic before, he's got a temperance that fits the role as an upholder of peace. A lot of other casual players on Dustbowl surely feel the same.

HamstaZ

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Kal is a great guy. His presence on the DB/US+ server is always welcoming to regulars and new comers. The DB/US+ server could use additional moderation in my opinion, since its probably skials most popular and packed server through out the day. I think Kal would be a great fit for the role not only because its needed but because of everything listed above. I know I would not be the only one to vouch for him. Upstanding gamer :P

Reactions: Pup de la Babe

skialeryee

Unremarkable User
Servers DUSTBOWL+ | US

Time Zone PST

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/345621788

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 467:53:42 (01:24:15 AFK)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "U:1:345621788" 30 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
Hello,
I realize some of you don't know me well, so I'll tell you a bit about myself.

I'm 35 years old and studying for my doctorate in clinical psychology. This means I'm held to a high standard of ethics and morals. My life is super busy and playing TF2 Dustbowl is my outlet and release from work. I do clinical rotations in settings where patients frequently try to manipulate me and push my buttons.. in other words, I can handle jerks and trolls on our servers without letting my ego get in the way.

I was playing on casual matchmaking servers and frequently came across the worst kinda of people, hackers, bots, etc. I was ready to give up on TF2 until I found the Skial servers. They are clean, high functioning, and well moderated. It's a blessing to have this environment and I understand what it means to players that desperate for a well protected environment.

Finally,
I want to acknowledge my chat log and it is not perfect. The majority of it is banter, and what stands out most recently is a name I called (Pumpkin Love) starting with C. He is one of my friends and tend to have a back and forth with them - keeping it as light as possible. If this needs to be cleaned up on my end, I completely understand.

Thank you,
-K
Kalash is a fantastic person and would be a great admin, hes always playing and is a friendly face to see. He would be a fantastic resource for the skial community. +1

Death by Snu Snu

Contributor
I believe KalashnikovA is a great candidate to be an admin. I see him playing on the server daily. I cannot think of any other player more deserving of this position. KalashnikovA brings a collective of positive energy and neutrality to the server. I believe he has great attributes such as teamwork, maturity, and a professional attitude. Please take this comment as big thumps up for KalashnikovA. Lastly, I was there when the player named "HUNTER BIDENS CRACK PIPE " made that comment.

-D

Greggy G

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Kalashnikov is a great player who's always calm and relaxed on the servers. Goes about his business having fun and not making any toxic remarks/comments or getting into any sort of drama. I've interacted with Kalashnikov on DB long enough to trust him with when to properly exercise admin powers and avoid antagonizing others. It would be nice to have him around as a moderator since he frequents the servers often, especially since the servers he frequents arent visited by other moderators often. +1

odm

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1

Unlike the first 2 goobers, Kala is a serious applicant. He is a good and mature guy. He messes around with friends as we all do but he is serious when it comes to actual shit people.

Would be a good admin and would be nice to have admin presence on Dustbowl US.

Tucson

Contributor
+1

Often when I am playing team fortress 2, Kalashnikov is also playing team fortress two. When this happens it is good for me because I am a person that enjoys playing on the same server as Kalashnikov, especially on the dustbowl map, which is my favorite. I asked Kalashnikov if his favorite team fortress 2 map was dustbowl and he said that it was. I think this is a good opinion, but I might be biased because it is an opinion that I hold also.

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
-/0+ His chatlogs are clean and never met him, and never seen him so it's fine I didn't go somewhere servers and my opinion is neutral

• Dumb
Reactions: Sour and Toxik

The Dude

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1 Been playing on Skial dustbowl since 2011 and I was thinking he should be admin before he even made this. He's an adult in the room as well as being a grad student in psychology so the maturity and responsibility is there. He's on quite a lot and is friendly to everyone. I think he'd have a good temperament of knowing when someone is just messing around and when they are crossing the line. Because of that I think he'd immediately be one of the better admins right away.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
As was the case with Greggy, now that the friend group situation is cleared up I'm fine with leaving a +1 as the app seems to be quite good in terms of background/face value check. (Still fine with leaving a +1 but there is a very small error with one of the questions in the app, unfortunately I cannot point out as to what that may be)

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
As was the case with Greggy, now that the friend group situation is cleared up I'm fine with leaving a +1 as the app seems to be quite good in terms of background/face value check. (Still fine with leaving a +1 but there is a very small error with one of the questions in the app, unfortunately I cannot point out as to what that may be)

Would you believe me if I told you that I was trying to make sure you were all paying attention? 😅

Actually I made a mistake and I take responsibility.

sm_ban "#[U:1:345621788]" 30 "obvious aimbot"

Status
Not open for further replies.