Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Servers 2FORT+ | US 1, PAYLOAD+ | US, SAXTON HALE | US, DUSTBOWL+ | US

Time Zone PST, Active most days of the week since I don't usually play many other games.

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/146724953

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 628:22:44 [Vanilla] - 55:19:22 [Custom] - 06:18:21 [Zombies] - 02:44:52 [Idle]

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No, I'm sure there's a valid reason for it so I won't create a fuss. It wont stop me from playing on skial, I enjoy a lot of the people there and playing along with them.

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:146724953]" 30 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
Why do you want to be an admin?

It shifted from my last app. Mostly now I just want to lend another hand during a lot of the off times of other admins, I tend to send evidence directly to a Skial admin for more on-the-spot reports but they suggested I simply just take another shot at becoming an admin. I've been very supportive of the rules in place and try and help a lot of the fellow players I've come to play alongside. I want to help continue preserving the enjoyment of the servers as Casual has grown difficult to play for many.

Pros of you becoming an admin?

I have a very open schedule, I only ever not play due to college work and me taking breaks from long binges of TF2. I'm very active even late into the nights, in some sessions players have even commented on how absurd my playtime for that session was one session I almost reached a score of 3k. I love meeting very skilled players on Skial and try and have heated clashes with them. I also try and uphold the rules of the server to those whole seem jaded at the thought of things like friendlying.

Cons?

I ain't perfect either, I occasionally throw some sass at fellow players and when it comes to the Saxton server, I tend to get caught up with the rest of the vibes of that server. I do try and keep my bm to a minimum as I played this game for a very long time but there are times where I try and push other players to participate and throw jokes on occasion I avoid any offensive dialogue but even I am not above foul language. I hope my fellow server regulars can at least speak for me on that end. Otherwise other than my cool-off breaks for the game, those are my flaws.

Distinct Notes

I am a very flame-themed player, as my most common name suggests. I tend to refer to my fellow regulars as Flame Bros.

I've played since Beta with the exact hire date being Oct 5th, 2007 (2:33:36) GMT. I also played a lot of Xbox TF2 back in 2010. As such I have a very long history with the game.

I try to be honest and preceptive as Sharp as I can be.

I love making cosmetic character sets.

Thank you for your time, I hope to see your responses soon!

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
I don't see any outstanding issues with this app. Looks solid, nothing bad in chat from what I can see, and quite good hours. The lack of reports can be an issue, but it is not necessary. However, making reports will strongly help your standing, as it shows you understand the rules and know when people are breaking them, aswell as displaying initiative that you are willing to put effort into helping the community as a whole, rather than doing something as simple as !ignore or console mute.

For now my standing is a +0, however I do have high hopes!

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I don't see any outstanding issues with this app. Looks solid, nothing bad in chat from what I can see, and quite good hours. The lack of reports can be an issue, but it is not necessary. However, making reports will strongly help your standing, as it shows you understand the rules and know when people are breaking them, aswell as displaying initiative that you are willing to put effort into helping the community as a whole, rather than doing something as simple as !ignore or console mute.

For now my standing is a +0, however I do have high hopes!
I'll be working on it! I have had a more direct line for most issues regarding bad actors in the server so it led to a lack of reports on my end. A lot of the issues I usually run into are Offensive Cosmetics, Signs, Weapon Names, and Offensive words in chat, which I normally just sent to an admin I am good friends with, he handled most of the issues on the spot.

Reactions: Creadora

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I'll be working on it! I have had a more direct line for most issues regarding bad actors in the server so it led to a lack of reports on my end. A lot of the issues I usually run into are Offensive Cosmetics, Signs, Weapon Names, and Offensive words in chat, which I normally just sent to an admin I am good friends with, he handled most of the issues on the spot.
Who is the admin?

+0 for now. The application looks clean I just want to see more community activity.

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
I can understand that, I've had a few people do the same thing with me. If phantom can vouch that what you've said is true, that would make a good reason as to why you haven't reported anyone.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Answer these to the best of your ability using the resources available to you. If punishment is necessary, use the SteamID3 of the mentioned player

1. On Trade US I am telling everyone that LordM is a scamming POS that robbed me in a bad trade trying to get him to leave, you get involved and look at LordM's trade history and I refuse to show mine. LordM's trade history shows he traded with me, his low value cosmetic (worth 3 keys) for 21 keys. What do you do? I have 2 offenses
  2. Payload+ EU, Chance is playing this over voice at a respectable volume. What do you do? 19 offenses.
  3. Over on Payload US, Metz keeps building teleporters to last point at the very start of the round every time. What do you do?

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Answer these to the best of your ability using the resources available to you. If punishment is necessary, use the SteamID3 of the mentioned player

1. On Trade US I am telling everyone that LordM is a scamming POS that robbed me in a bad trade trying to get him to leave, you get involved and look at LordM's trade history and I refuse to show mine. LordM's trade history shows he traded with me, his low value cosmetic (worth 3 keys) for 21 keys. What do you do? I have 2 offenses
  2. Payload+ EU, Chance is playing this over voice at a respectable volume. What do you do? 19 offenses.
  3. Over on Payload US, Metz keeps building teleporters to last point at the very start of the round every time. What do you do?

1. I would first request that you do not interrupt trade chat if trades are going on as that is against the trade server rules. As I am on duty, I would again request that you show your trade history as evidence, as without it I can not fully perform my duties and solve your issue (the more evidence, the better). Still having the trade history from LordM I will still issue punishment for the trade scam. Since scamming is against Skial rules and the items in question have not been returned I will have to issue a permaban on LordM until he appeals it on the forums showing he cleared it up with you with your confirmation via the forum.

sm_ban 0 "#steamid3" "scamming"

2. Chance is spamming and therefore breaking the rule of:
  • Music is not allowed on voice chat.
For their repeated offenses at a staggering 19, I would perma-mute them as I suspect many of the offenses would be the same repeat offense.

sm_silence "#steamid3" 0 "spamming"

3. They are griefing by purposefully hampering their team by reallocating them to last. Due to no previous offenses, I would only issue a single-day ban for griefing.

sm_addban 1440 "#steamid3" "griefing"

[- I assume I shouldn't actually use the ID of the users in the questions, but should I need too I am willing to edit them in. -]

The Dominus

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1

If you're looking for an admin, Inferno is the man for the job. He has everything going for him: he's a great friend, a great player, and a great part of the community. On top of that, he knows the ins and outs of the job like the back of his hand. Inferno is also someone who understands that admin is a responsibility that must be wielded carefully. I have full faith that Inferno would make an excellent admin, and I believe Skial staff would be extremely lucky to have him among their ranks.

jacksonlachaine

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
+1

Although I don’t have as much playtime as Dom with Inferno, I’d still like to give my two cents.
Like Aero here, I was an admin on GFL from 2020 till a few days before the new year. With my previous experiences with inferno, whether it be watching someone bitch about him over the mic and him just ignoring it, or just being a down to earth guy who doesn’t ever go out of his way to cause trouble and gets along with all the regulars (except the salty ones cause he’s kicking their asses!), this is admin material!

I personally believe that this player is a quality pick for your staff team and have no doubts that they will continue excelling within the community if given the opportunity to staff the servers!

Helius21

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1 I was hoping to catch you in game before I could come to give you my rep, but after seeing you in the Discord, how you interact in various clips of gameplay, and finally earning the respect of good mutual friends, I see absolutely no reason to abstain further.

You're an active member of the community, respectful, and friendly. I'd be happy to see you in an admin position as you've done well enough to help keep troublemakers out as far as I can see

Status
Not open for further replies.