Status
Not open for further replies.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Servers:
2FORT | EU 1, BADWATER | EU 1, GOLDRUSH | EU, JAILBREAK | NY, JAILBREAK | NY, TRADE | NY, TRADE | US, TURBINE+ | EU

Mostly EU servers because of ping, although I could join any server when needed.
Time:
GMT +2 || 5 to 9 PM, more or less.

Edit: 9AM to 12 PM & 3 PM to 9PM summer time.
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
Not really, if I ever lose my position I guess I wouldn't really be mad. It'd be my fault.
I'd take my mistake, shall there be one, and learn from it.
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
First of all, use the console to get a list of UserIDs with their respective SteamIDs (by typing status).
Then find my SteamID there and type into console the following:

sm_ban "#STEAM_0:0:76075878" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Hi there, I'm TapTap!

I have joined the forums in February, more or less, as I wanted to be part the Skial community and get involved with it.
I like food (who doesn't), music and programming!

I firstly joined the Skial Trade server in early 2013 if I remember correctly, as I was looking for a good server to trade on.
I kept going there for a bit, until I decided to check the other TF2 servers in early 2014; and since then I keep visiting them; now I have a bit more than 17 days of total playtime and a clean sanction log.

I quickly got a liking to the other servers (specially Jailbreak; I also love Goldrush, 2Fort and Badwater), and have made a lot of friends in the Skial community, got used to the system and quickly became a Jailbreak server regular. I still hop to other TF2 server from time to time. And there I am, applying to become a Skial admin.
I believe most Skial servers are well organized, but I'd really like to help manage and watch for the happy environment and law-breaking free atmosphere. Both are essential for enjoyable playtime.

In addition to that, when I join most servers there usually aren't any admins/mods there (timezones do matter). Specially Jailbreak which only has really few admin regulars. Let's also not forget the numerous times I encountered racism, spam and general rulebreaking; although I try to help fight these by voting and/or making appropriate report threads here/private reports to admins, I can't recall how many times votes didn't pass or there wasn't enough evidence for a report thread to pass in; hence why I think that with the proper powers I could help reduce the considerable number of rule-breaking cases occuring on Skial servers every day; no, not by making them subject to absolute tyranny, just making everything more enjoyable for everyone: I could also say I'm dedicated and responsible and would do the required job. I'd be happy in making the Skial servers a better place.
I'm normally calm and could usually deal with most solutions, if I may say.
I can also hop to any other server if required, and happily moderate Jailbreak, which, speaking about, is the main source of most reports, as rule-breaking tends to happen really often there.

Initially, my application was a Jailbreak moderator app, but I felt ready to handle more serious commands and be slightly more efficient at handling rule breaches; I was also encouraged by a lot of people. Moreover, I'm willing to keep visiting and playing on normal TF2 (mostly EU) servers, and not just Jailbreak.

Now for my admin/moderating experience; I do have tremendous experience with sourcemod and TF2 servers in general, I used to have, long time ago, my own server and got into the hard work of configuring and setting everything up. I, therefore, know most commands and how to effectively moderate a server; in addition to owning a few websites in the past, if that counts in any way. I'm also able to provide evidence of most, if not all, rule breaking cases.

Additional Note(s):
I thought I'd mention that I made a Steam Group for the JB regs, as I found it a good opportunity for us to stay in contact/be able to talk or inform each other of something when needed. Some of the group members were hired as mods too.

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Shall you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post below.
Good day!​

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1, follows the rules, and I play consistantly with him and he's an amazing player.

Real friendly too.

Reactions: antim

Uncle Reece

Mildly Menacing Medic
Taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap is a good guy and i think he should be mod.He gets Tapped (killed) alot i feel sad for him +1

YobriThePrinny

Mildly Menacing Medic
+1, really takes care of voteabusing, ghosting and freekilling.

Nice player to play with and holds the rules up (if you know wat i mean). #YoloDood (>^.^)>

*Little Note* I don't do this kind of stuff that often. So yeah, just saying, dood.

Zefyre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Jailbreak reports have been filling my recent threads and in addition to TapTap being awesome +1

Loark

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1
TapTap is always a delight to play with. They always follow the rules and would make an amazing moderator/admin.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ExDgFPo.jpg

Reactions: Xniol

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm seeing a bunch of good things about you and you seem nice. ^.^
+1

AngelOfGod

Mildly Menacing Medic
Skial is a Good uhm. whutever they r. They Haz Good Servers. Simple commands. nothin 2 complicated. ya know 0.0 i think TapTap Deserves mod cuz He is a Awesome Friend. He Doesn't Abuse Power. if hes a Mod then i can possiblely Promise u he wont abuse power.... "Possiblely"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.