TONYOO101

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
So, just wondering, what is the difference from Lol to Dota 2 game play wise? Also, I main Caitlyn while playing League of Legends, so is there a dota 2 character equivalent to her?

Draconie

Jailbreak Moderator
Contributor
The biggest difference between DotA 2 and LoL is that in LoL almost all the powers scale with stats. Spell-casters get stronger and right click heroes get stronger.
In DotA 2 the spell-casters have a strong early game presence, but fall off fairly quickly late game when people build more health and their abilities rarely get stronger without specific items to make their opponents more vulnerable to the spells.
Then you can also deny creeps.

TONYOO101

The biggest difference between DotA 2 and LoL is that in LoL almost all the powers scale with stats. Spell-casters get stronger and right click heroes get stronger.
In DotA 2 the spell-casters have a strong early game presence, but fall off fairly quickly late game when people build more health and their abilities rarely get stronger without specific items to make their opponents more vulnerable to the spells.
Then you can also deny creeps.
Thanks, but is there a character similar to caitlyn in dota?

(-TG-)SvenPhantom

Server-Clearing Cynic
The majority of what appears to be Caitlyn is more like Sniper. Sniper has less active abilities but is the similar ranged carry. Another option is Windrunner from what I see with the Skillshot that goes through multiple enemies and a shackle which stuns a single or two targets.

Draconie

Jailbreak Moderator
Contributor
What about Caitlyn makes you like her? There is no hero that is basically the same as her, but there are different heroes that have different parts of her like others have been posting.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Windrunner has a skillshot like Caitlyn, but like Draconie said...there are heroes that have different parts of her but none that are the same!

TONYOO101

What about Caitlyn makes you like her? There is no hero that is basically the same as her, but there are different heroes that have different parts of her like others have been posting.
Well, judging from what the others said, I might try out wind runner or sniper. If you know of another hero that is ranged and can do high burst damage, well tell me. :)

Draconie

Jailbreak Moderator
Contributor
Well, judging from what the others said, I might try out wind runner or sniper. If you know of another hero that is ranged and can do high burst damage, well tell me. :)
burst damage is something the intelligence heroes dominate. If that is you main desire then lina and lion have exceptional single target damage, while qop has some nice aoe nukes. zeus is basically the karthus of dota 2 and there are many that have large aoe stuns to help your teammates nukes. You mainly have to specify how you want the burst damage to be for us to accurately say what hero would be good to play.