artiglieria

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Been on the servers a few time good and populated staff are friendly as it should be I have a question and suggestion.

I have seen people banned different reasons good reason but 8+ times one person same issue you know they don't learn and they will continue issue it's like lightly slapping had as someone taking money from cash register in my book on some these people and then they leave come back and repeat. The problem I see most is this regs will see a trouble player know to report but also know they be back later the evening or morning either wait a few days and act up when they on but more likely when new players on. There needs be fair of course to fit the crime but I say if its a repeat offender make them no longer welcome not saying 2nd time perm ban but find a middle ground or something.

Alot these players see as bans as a joke and see staff same. Some the player will do the follow ignore them best they can or leave after a certain point because they know it's pointless. When I admin for TFC servers guild we did allow players to come back but we did was 3 times perm ban but had they appealed they would just one more chance this goes with any player across the board 4 time unable come back do you need do exactly like this no but what I am say is players see your staff as a joke and staff should be a respected person there not a joke. Not saying I call any staff this I hear this all the time about your servers. I hope what said will come off as constructive for you to see and say yes we need change mildly how we do procedures if I see this see your server trying improve itself. Being only a contribute player and not a staff may not hold alot of power but you should understand my point of view how I see how players act on server and forums here. My grammar and spelling and english all need work 28 year old truck driver who values good healthy servers like yours but you also need some improving. What I would like to see if at all possible you approve this you don't need show any player that you did this your staff procedures should remain yours to publicize or not thanks for reading and I hope you consider what I have said.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Our punishment system is stacking.

1day on first offense
3 days on 2nd offense
1 week on 3rd offense
1 month on 4th offense and continuing

Cheaters are banned permanently immediatly when proof of cheating exists or our system catches it.

Are you implying that you want to increase the initial punishment for the first offense? It is hard to understand what you want us to change. At least for me.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
The way we handle bans for people who repeatedly cause issues is by progressively making the bans longer.

For example, if someone gets banned for one day and then returns two days later and does the same thing, the next ban will shoot up to three days. Then it becomes a week, a month, and it keeps repeating as a month unless we make it permanent because they obviously aren't learning.

You might be talking about votebans? Those only last thirty minutes and are generally ineffective. Your best course of action would be to use the /report feature on the server OR record a demo and make a manual report on our forums.

artiglieria

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Our punishment system is stacking.

1day on first offense
3 days on 2nd offense
1 week on 3rd offense
1 month on 4th offense and continuing

Cheaters are banned permanently immediatly when proof of cheating exists or our system catches it.

Are you implying that you want to increase the initial punishment for the first offense? It is hard to understand what you want us to change. At least for me.

Referring to your last one maybe add a 5th or something instead them always continue come back after some many times repeating make it so they can't take part in your server. populated servers good to have but I have notice a pattern of regs leaving when certain players join makes your server look bad knowing example the guy says one the words blacks referred to them as bad over and over and lets say eventually they get the 4th on month they do it almost immediate when they come off or they claim it was brother or w/e excuse any excuse is really bad they should take the time and learn from it not repeat and come with excuse and know they will get off much lighter I know you do by case by case but there should be a bottom line to say hey your not happy with rules you been banned 8 times maybe it's time you look to go someone else server. Example another group for another server If theres a hard rule voice it but don't just break it and say its hard to abide. Theres ways of doing thing and not doing them. I am not saying at all perm ban 1st time or even 4th but find something your group can all agree is a fair amount times of bans for repeat offender for it to be perm. Regs want people to play with but don't want them ruining there night. As I have said I hope you see this as constructive, improving makes it better sometimes.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Referring to your last one maybe add a 5th or something instead them always continue come back after some many times repeating make it so they can't take part in your server. populated servers good to have but I have notice a pattern of regs leaving when certain players join makes your server look bad knowing example the guy says one the words blacks referred to them as bad over and over and lets say eventually they get the 4th on month they do it almost immediate when they come off or they claim it was brother or w/e excuse any excuse is really bad they should take the time and learn from it not repeat and come with excuse and know they will get off much lighter I know you do by case by case but there should be a bottom line to say hey your not happy with rules you been banned 8 times maybe it's time you look to go someone else server. Example another group for another server If theres a hard rule voice it but don't just break it and say its hard to abide. Theres ways of doing thing and not doing them. I am not saying at all perm ban 1st time or even 4th but find something your group can all agree is a fair amount times of bans for repeat offender for it to be perm. Regs want people to play with but don't want them ruining there night. As I have said I hope you see this as constructive, improving makes it better sometimes.

We used to do standard permanent silences/bans on the 5th offense but we later switched to doing 1 month long punishments for their 5th+ offenses. But we still can certainly issue permanent silences/bans if we feel we need to and we do so from time to time. If someone gets their 6th or higher offense then we start considering permanent punishments on them.

In concept it may sound like a bad idea, but in practice it seems to work effectively most of the time from what I've personally witnessed. Most people I see who get up to 5 offenses who have to deal with being silenced or especially banned for a entire month makes most of them realize they're on thin ice.

artiglieria

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
This will be my last post don't have whole alot of time before I get back to driving however. Mentions that I have see people up 8 times I won't mention any names reason I don't like single anyone individual. Won't say your times are not fair most cases they are but should be a bottom line across the board you can't be welcome back. It's not saying you didn't want to try let them be here it's they didn't try have common sense. They need feel welcome to your server of course but it't not there right it's a privilege you have given everyone and they will lose it if they can't behave. Like I said would like this be consider I bolded basically my main point to consider. There is no such thing as a perfect system why there is always room for improvement.

Enjoy and see you all around.