Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
I quickly "frankensteined" together a concept, I've seen mappers completely reversing maps and I was wondering if it is possible to "cut and paste" parts of a map (in this case just reversing it, hence doubling the size).
Here is my concept and was wondering if you could emulate it.
wzqf0rL.jpg

Also one more suggestion. If you can, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove the background distractions (nyan cat, pac-man, Portal turrets, etc). All they do is lower fps and distract the players from the game.

It would also be nice if you could improve this map in any way you want (such as how you did with military area :smiley:)

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Some maps are more fun when they're smaller

Big maps are 90% running around and 10% shooting at hale

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I would -1 the map idea but +1 the removal of the background distractions. They're a general annoyance both to the players and to frame rate.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Most Hale's have trouble taking out nests on the books and you want to double it? -1 I hate that map anyone.

I would however +1 removing that dumb background shit, always hated it.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 to map expansion, and -1 to removing the background.

I'm not saying this out of spite. In my opinion I feel like the map is too small and a lot of bad hales get pulverized quickly. I know this because I see so many resetting their hale que on the map. And I like the Turret serenade every now and then.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Most Hale's have trouble taking out nests on the books and you want to double it? -1 I hate that map anyone.

I would however +1 removing that dumb background shit, always hated it.

Hale's #1 enemy is knockback. Doubling the size of the map reduces his chances to get hit at any given moment by sentries (thus reducing knockback). Doubling the size will also theoretically spread out where the sentries are placed. This will also allow hale to kill other enemies while not being in the range of sentries constantly and then being pinned down by them.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hale's #1 enemy is knockback. Doubling the size of the map reduces his chances to get hit at any given moment by sentries (thus reducing knockback). Doubling the size will also theoretically spread out where the sentries are placed. This will also allow hale to kill other enemies while not being in the range of sentries constantly and then being pinned down by them.
I don't mean sentries fuck up the Hale the entire round. The nests up on the books are difficult for meh Hales so two of the same area is just gonna make it that much harder for them.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Even if we were to make it bigger it would be a pain since I'd have to make sure all the assets were loaded etc..