Laser4beam

Rust Admin
There was something in the update about adding steam relay which it says prevents DDoS attacks. I'm not sure if you guys still have the DDoS protection or if it is still needed. I'm sure it would save money if you no longer need it.

Laser4beam

Rust Admin
"Although we're not using it right now, Steam's networking code has a mode where it connects via SteamId instead of IP address. In this mode no IP addresses are visible at all which means that servers can't get ddossed. This means we (and you) can put servers in regions where we can't currently get the attack protection - and can get them from hosts without the extra costly ddos protection." https://rust.facepunch.com/blog/cctv-update

Bottiger

Administrator
I am aware of steam relay but games need to be made compatible with it.

As far as I can tell, there is not even 1 game that is compatible with it right now and that includes Rust.

If Garry Newman is looking to add this to Rust I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him 1 year or even longer.

Our custom network is basically just like Steam relay though except it doesn't have as much bandwidth since we aren't a billion dollar gaming company.