DaivdBaekr

Contributor
If you've played a decent amount Left 4 Dead 2, there's probably been a time when you've only been able to recruit a few people from your friends list to tag along, but the lobby's still only half or 3/4 full and you're faced with the situation of either dealing with a bot or dealing with a pubber and then wishing you had just dealt with the bot. There has to be a better way, right? A way where you don't have to address and then converse with other humans - sometimes at length.

Well, no. But that won't stop me from trying.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4D2Skial

The idea's simple enough: instead of sitting in the lobby picking over your friends list unsuccessfully trying to find another player, make an event that's sent out to regular L4D2 players from Skial. If the group becomes decent-sized, chances are at least one person will be up to fill that spot.

If you're interested, join the group. I'll give events permission to anyone I recognize from here, and anyone I don't just has to ask. When you make an event, it's best to include the map and difficulty, as well as telling them to add you or leaving the IP if you're already in-server.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Good idea. But I'm more of a VS player and after playing the Campaign to death, love to just pubstop. Can you make events for VS or Scavange teams?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Good idea. But I'm more of a VS player and after playing the Campaign to death, love to just pubstop. Can you make events for VS or Scavange teams?
Yes, the group's for events of any game mode. I'm not sure how much luck you'd have gathering that many people for a lobby, but you're welcome to try.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I strictly play VS L4D2 its much more fun fucking with people. I remember once I was playing with some friends and we were all in the same teamspeak/game. I was a smoker and someone who was relatively new in the game was playing as survivor. We were on the map with the lift that goes to the awning where you gotta go in through the window of the building. (Not really well versed in L4D2) Anyways they go up the lift and one of the survivors says "don't fall off this overhang because we can't get you back up." Little does he know that while he is mid sentence I pulled the guy off the overhang and said "hey dude, looks like Maecius can't follow instructions," and I just burst out laughing as he was reamed by the zombie horde and they were just freakin out trying to save him.