JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I found out that Steam does not have one of these implemented, why i have no clue. Can someone suggest a third party one that is easy to use and records text chats?

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah, I use this. BUT if you're like me and leave your computer on 24/7, this program will eventually stop logging without any warning or message. I've gone weeks without knowing it's stopped logging and that really sucks.
Which is why I manually record everything.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Yeah, I use this. BUT if you're like me and leave your computer on 24/7, this program will eventually stop logging without any warning or message. I've gone weeks without knowing it's stopped logging and that really sucks.

How often u have to reboot you find? I do the same 24/7

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Can you suggest anything else then?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
How often u have to reboot you find? I do the same 24/7
A reboot isn't required, that just gets the program restarted. All you need to do is close it and reopen it. I have no idea as to a timeframe.

Can you suggest anything else then?

I wish I could, but if I did I would be using that. There really isn't anything else like it that I'm aware of and I've done a good bit of looking around.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
A reboot isn't required, that just gets the program restarted. All you need to do is close it and reopen it. I have no idea as to a timeframe.
You could just restart it every day, that way you don't forget about it.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I'd rather not have chat logging than have to restart every day.
Dude, seriously? Right click icon in taskbar, exit.
Open .exe
Bam. Done.

If you're using something like AHK, then you could even automate the commands to keystrokes.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
... or create a batch file and then create a task that will restart the executable on a daily/hourly/weekly basis.