Stardust

Discussion in 'Mapping and Modeling' started by 「Coronarena」, Aug 31, 2019.

1. 「Coronarena」

「Coronarena」 Mildly Menacing Medic

Steam:

Hey, so, since January of this year (2019 for people reading this thread in the future), I've been messing around with hammer and making a deathrun map I actually care about.

dr_stardust

Now I'm going to be the first to point out, it's no where near completion, and I don't expect to fully release it until it's finished, so don't expect to see any betas or anything popping up somewhere on the internet. All I can tell you for certain, is this:

It is a JoJo themed map. BUT WAIT BEFORE YOU SAY YOU ALREADY HATE IT, I'm doing a balancing act to make it feel like JoJo, and still feel like TF2, so that everyone can enjoy the map. The map goes along the story of the Stardust Crusaders (part 3 JoJo), and will hopefully bridge the gap between enjoyment of the actual deathrun, and minigames at the end of the deathrun. (I'll explain this more in detail if this thread attracts any interest)

Idk if Skial will add it. Tbh idk what Skial looks for in dr maps. The main reason I'm doing this on Skial forums is because of how large Skial is, so it'll hopefully get to more people.

Now I would add screenshots, but last time I tried to do that, the website complained and said something about prevention of spam or whatever. This was like a month ago I tried posting this thread, so in the future, I'll hopefully be able to link images and videos of the map.

Tl;dr JoJo map that feels like TF2 map is coming eventually, although maybe not to Skial servers. We'll have to see about that one.

Anyway, have a nice day.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Windows95

Windows95 Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

I'm definitely looking forward to playing this, good luck with creating and getting the map added!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pinos

Pinos Somewhat Threatening Sniper Contributor

Steam:

You have anime pfp, you do not have right to speak.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Costa_[PT]

Costa_[PT] Sufficiently Lethal Scout

Steam:

Seems like a cool idea tbh and i hope you can achieve what you are going for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toxik

Toxik Moderator Contributor

6. Feral Angel

Feral Angel TF2 Admin

Steam:

I humbly accept this wonderful map +1

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 「Coronarena」

Steam:

Alright well this attracted more attention than it should've.

To keep my word, here's what I mean by
    At the end of many deathrun maps, there's often options to play a minigame, such as a spinner, a race, a fight, etc.

This map doesn't have an ending like that. Instead, the minigames are spread out across the map, and they're something you have to complete to progress further in the map.

Now again I'd love to post a link to a video where I demonstrated one of these minigames, but the site is still complaining, and the video is a tiny bit outdated since I've changed how that minigame I demonstrated works, so here's an explanation.

The first minigame is set in Tiger Balm Gardens, where you'd be greeted by Silver Chariot. The minigame against Silver Chariot is randomly chosen between a spinner, and a parkour course.

Now when I say spinner, I don't mean "Jump over the spinner for 60 seconds to win". This spinner requires the red team to hit 4 buttons, that are spread around the arena they're playing in, to beat the minigame, while also up against a time limit.

The second minigame is set in the Singapore hotel, where the crusaders meet Soul Sacrifice in the anime. The minigame here, is just parkour. And again there's a video of this butthegoddamnwebsite...

This is as far as I've got with the map so far. I will be skipping a few parts of the story due to entity limits in the map, but also because there's probably no real reason to make a map that takes as long to play as the anime takes as long to fully watch.

The next minigame, I don't know. But what I do know is the final minigame is up against DIO (or the person on blu), where they will have their health set to a ludicrously high number (depending on how many reds are still alive). To make things worse for the reds, every so often (like 15-20 seconds, idk), time will be stopped for the reds, leaving them helpless against DIO for a short period of time (just like in the anime, where DIO and ZA WARUDO stop time).

Hopefully everything I've said made sense, and hopefully I don't remove any of the features stated above due to entity limits.

I'll probably keep trying to post updates from here on out (whenever I make a "significant" change/update to the map). Until then,

Have a nice day.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 「Coronarena」

Steam:

Well this next update has nothing to do with Skial even though it's on Skial forums. Either way I never intended to keep this related to Skial. This is a thread about a map anyway so...

I released alpha 2 onto a different community server for 1 week. The main reason I haven't done this to Skial is I don't see them adding it for 1 week and ONLY 1 week (but hey if any staff are reading this and will go by that rule then hey I'm all up for giving you it).

The main reason it's one week is so I can get a decent amount of test results from play testers, and so people don't get too familiar with the map (so they keep the hype up for the final release).

Anyway that's all I have to say for now.

Have a nice day.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice