• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

goobieaus

Mildly Menacing Medic
I mean in terms of spotting cheaters. Would a legitimate player know they are being spectated.

A few times now when I spectate someone I think is sus and they immediately ask me in chat "what's up chzburger" etc.

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
https://www.skial.com/threads/how-to-collect-evidence-against-a-suspected-cheater.95060/
Not sure if this will help, but there's a bit in this guide that has a command that you can type into console that will let you spectate a potential cheater while also being invisible from spectator:
  • With the Developer Console open go in this order to gather evidence of the suspected hacker.
    • Status
    • Gather the name and U:ID of the hacker - # 375 "ρнαηтσм 5.0" [U:1:60133372] 3:03:05 139 0 active
    • Type sm_spec "#375" and press enter - This will bring you to the POV of the suspected hacker and ALSO make you invisible from spectator so you can record with ease. (I find it's easier to type the #number instead of the U:ID due to it being quicker to type than copy/paste it).
    • You can also type in chat /spec <suspected hacker here> and it will also bring you their POV
(just as a quick side note, the ID and name used in this guide are just an example, you'd want to find the actual person you suspect of cheating and use that name and ID instead)

goobieaus

Mildly Menacing Medic
Thanks, I know most of the process. My shadow play wasn't working in this case so i wasn't able to capture anything.

Bottiger

Administrator
Many cheats allow you to see who is spectating you. Otherwise people can see you are in spectator mode by pressing tab unless you are using the spec command.

Hedwig7s

Mildly Menacing Medic
Many cheats allow you to see who is spectating you. Otherwise people can see you are in spectator mode by pressing tab unless you are using the spec command.
So if someone knows you are spectating them (especially with /spec) without a good reason then they are more likely to be cheating?

• Dumb
Reactions: Metroidz